178 Comments
  • 178 results
Posted by mrpandaman

gamebomb.ru has assumed direct control of Jeff.

Posted by Benmo316

I could do without the old laser printer sound in the background. Otherwise I am really enjoying Answers From the Jar Czar.

Posted by avantegardener

Jamming with Jars.

Posted by bemusedchunk

@Benmo316 said:

I could do without the old laser printer sound in the background. Otherwise I am really enjoying Answers From the Jar Czar.

Thats no laser printer...

Posted by ishinji32

Oh man imagine if they started broadcasting a message while Jeff was recording this.

Posted by avantegardener

@bemusedchunk said:

@Benmo316 said:

Thats no laser printer...

I can only assume the logical conclusion, Jeff is running a number station from his bedroom.

Posted by bemusedchunk

@SeanFoster said:

@I_smell said:

@msavo said:
3 minutes in, does the noise ever stop?
I skipped to 15 minutes and it didn't stop yet... I'll just come back later n see if they fix it or anything.

Welcome to GiantBomb, guys!!

Clearly those members are some cb-radio clods.

Posted by JZ

The jar czar he knows what jars are.

Posted by umdesch4

I love UVB-76 with a passion. Thanks Jeff!

Posted by NekuCTR

Jeff, the only feedback I can provide for this video is something you already know. That was a really stupid idea. You are awesome.

Posted by Sammo21

That number station audio should be the intro to the Giant Bomcast.

Edited by HerbieBug

Jeff I shall expect you to be properly attired in three piece suit and bowler hat on all future Jar videos as befitting a gentleman of your station. O_o

Truth be told, I would enjoy Bethesda's recent games more if much of the dialogue was text only. Voicing every NPC in the game tends to weaken my immersion with minimal positives attached. When you have so much dialogue to record it all jumbles together, particularly in the case of Bethesda games where you will meet many major characters -or quest important characters anyway- who are all voiced by the same person giving basically the same performance. I think Bethesda could do so much more with their stories and quests if they just gave up on voicing everything and allowed non-essential NPC's to have text dialogue.

Posted by kalakov

I dont know why but everytime I see a new jar video popup on the site it makes me happy...

Posted by heatDrive88

bzzzzzzt. bzzzzzzt. bzzzzzzt.

Posted by jonnyboy

If the buzzing stops, the nukes fall.

Posted by crusader8463

@kalakov said:

I dont know why but everytime I see a new jar video popup on the site it makes me happy...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's because you like the videos.

Posted by joshthebear

Radio voice Jeff, is the best Jeff.

Posted by synthesis_landale

Wait, there was a famicom/super famicom live stream with all Ryan's 100s of carts?! And I missed it?! I don't see it on the site, did it get lost to the world? :(

Edited by I_smell
@bemusedchunk said:

@SeanFoster said:

@I_smell said:

@msavo said:

3 minutes in, does the noise ever stop?
I skipped to 15 minutes and it didn't stop yet... I'll just come back later n see if they fix it or anything.

Welcome to GiantBomb, guys!!

Clearly those members are some cb-radio clods.

I listen to every bombcast, but I just guessed the video was broken way before I would've thought of the Russian numbers station thing.
I think 5 minutes woulda bin funny enough!

@joshthebear said:

Radio voice Jeff, is the best Jeff.

Should Legos talk!?
Actually if anyone has an archive of those dumb radio sections I'd like to hear em.
Posted by Colourful_Hippie

Is the video fixed yet?

Posted by Benny

@synthesis_landale: http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/b/349982135 might be what you're looking for.

I agree with Jeff, I think a video games meltdown/do over would be fun, mainly because it would just be something new and interesting.

I feel a bit like Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins for saying that though.

Posted by JZ

I found that tone oddly soothing

Posted by Cobbles

I've seen that one Star Trek episode. You can't fool me, evil alternate Jeff!

Edited by deerokus

Do bestbuy sell steam vouchers? GAME do in the UK, a nice way to get PC games by trading in shit or whatever. It's a bit weird that they're selling vouchers for their competitor when you think about it, of course.

Posted by SeanNaess

The background ambience is oddly comforting.

Posted by mrangryface

The burrito bit had me rolling

Posted by Asky314159

Today at work, I just had a stream of UVB-76 going for a few hours while I was programming. I was hoping that's what was going on here as soon as I saw that antenna in the thumbnail.

Posted by GateKeeper

best time for burritos is 420

jesus christ I almost joked on my cereal hahahahaha

Posted by Carousel

"What are we, as people? Just like, ugghhh..." - Jeff Gerstmann, philosophical savant

Posted by MoonwalkSA

why is it buzzing, jeff?

are you doing beekeeping in there, jeff?

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

Lets....not put that shortwave station on next time, please.

It's interesting how much kvetching yall are doing about this kvetching, Jeff. :P

Posted by kunoh

That noise bothered me initially... But when I realized it was a number station, it stopped bothering me. Weird.

Posted by umdesch4

@Asky314159 said:

Today at work, I just had a stream of UVB-76 going for a few hours while I was programming. I was hoping that's what was going on here as soon as I saw that antenna in the thumbnail.

Yeah, I listen to UVB-76 a lot too, changing it up occasionally with recordings from the Conet project. This didn't seem strange to me at all.

Posted by umdesch4

Be thankful it was only UVB-76 and not one of those crazy numbers stations that plays J.M. Jarre music backwards every five minutes in between lists of numbers recited in russian or something. Those are truly annoying to talk over.

Posted by NPfeifer

Man, that beeping was annoying, pls never again?

Jeff was high on something for this!

Posted by Lelcar

2074. the death of videogames.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Well Morrowind had that whole Faction system where being X faction and/or guild it would make you more or less likable with Y faction or guild, but yeah that game had little VO.

Posted by Hawkerace

@Jeff What shirt is that? I want one. Thanks dude.

Posted by relyt55

Yea jar tyme mayne!!!!

Posted by sharkeh

Instead of water, I choose to believe that's methanol in the jar. :D

Posted by AllisonByProxy

I add mashed potatoes to everything and it is always delicious.

Posted by synthesis_landale

@Benny: Thanks! This is awesome.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

What's Jeff's shirt say?

Edited by dr_mantas

@Krystal_Sackful said:

What's Jeff's shirt say?

Looks like МИШКА (mishka) which is the diminutive of Mikhail, but basically means teddy-bear.

Posted by Boobtank

You dont like the smell because its not yours. Once you saturate that thing with your own spit you will like it.

Edited by LegendaryChopChop

"Reviews are garbage. Stop reading them." - Jeff Gerstmann

Now, stop writing conventional reviews, Giant Bomb. It looks really poor on you for the GOTY discussions for the most part when Brad gives Diablo 3 this glowing review but is not even mentioned in his GOTY discussions. I have a feeling we'll be saying the same about Devil May Cry in December.

Posted by Savutano

##SUGGESTION Save up a best of collection of questions and just get plastered for em.

Posted by CaLe

We don't have burritos in the UK. Not where I live at least. We have kebab though, which is just as bad.

Posted by Demoskinos

Anime. Its for jerks.

Posted by kycinematic

Always clean your pop filter, don't be a dirty animal!

• 178 results