116 Comments
  • 116 results
Posted by gaminghooligan

washed the Phil Collins off my brain

Edited by Forceman4077

That's cool, very Lost DHARMA ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

Posted by h0lgr

Wow. That was pretty amazing. It's even in 4:3. Nailed it, son.

Posted by Lyfeforce

Slow. Goddamn. Clap.

Posted by Velamo05

I kinda wish that was an actual show...

Posted by Tesla

Damn, this is awesome. Well done.

Posted by ANYMAN

It's like a marketing campaign for a JJ Abrams Movie or Show

Posted by Deusx

This is great, I hope more games did this.

Posted by Sugar

No questions were answered. It only created more questions.

I demand moar! gaaah! moar!

Posted by Pop

damn, I hope that wasn't a spoiler cause I think that piece of the city was sent into the future by Elizabeth.

Posted by steelerzfan101

Other developers should be taking some notes because this is how marketing is done. You can't just have a boring ol' trailer all the time, you have to switch up the formula a bit for your game to stand out!

Posted by Gunslinger0130
@mrfluke: You can watch it, it's not spoilery or anything, just fills in some lore and stuff that you probably wouldn't see otherwise.
Posted by mrfluke

@Gunslinger0130: ah ok many thanks duder!

Posted by gbrading

See, Irrational know how to make an intriguing bit of marketing. Kudos!

Posted by ProfessorEss

So good. 

Couldn't help but hear Johnny Cash's "When the Man Comes Around" start in my head after the first Zachary recording.

Posted by leebmx

I love the white gloved hand showing off what look like statues from a collectors special edition.

Posted by BBQBram

@Pixeldemon said:

Bioshock Infinite is shaping up to be the redemption and salvation of all video games. It is starting to make the rest of the industry look like a tired joke.

/hyperbole engine spinning down

But seriously guys...

Oh I agree. People in general really don't recognize or care about that the fact that Irrational are the only one building worlds that are the manifestation of ideologies, and thus filled to the brim with views on philosophy, sociology, ethics, aesthetics and with an undeniable connection to our reality, especially through appropriate use of art history and architecture.

Also, seeing as how the twist in the original was both a critique of a trend and a way to dodge said trend, I have such high expectations for now that they are doing a voiced character, because you just know they're going to take that concept and divide it by zero, if you know what I mean.

I don't care if this reads as pretentious to anyone. Literally NO ONE else is doing this, making worlds so steeped in culture.

Posted by ReyGitano

I got shivers from that. Well done.

Posted by golguin

I think I saw this video in elementary school.

Posted by Kurtdyoung

The more I read into this game and that really good (in my opinion) article from Wired about the soundtrack in the game has really got me pumped for this. I mean I was ready to play it last E3, but now. Oh god, maybe I have built this up too much!

Posted by mellotronrules

kinda neat. wish more game trailers went the extra mile to be stylistically relevant.

Posted by Pixeldemon

@BBQBram said:

People in general really don't recognize or care about that the fact that Irrational are the only one building worlds that are the manifestation of ideologies, and thus filled to the brim with views on philosophy, sociology, ethics, aesthetics and with an undeniable connection to our reality, especially through appropriate use of art history and architecture.

Also, seeing as how the twist in the original was both a critique of a trend and a way to dodge said trend, I have such high expectations for now that they are doing a voiced character, because you just know they're going to take that concept and divide it by zero, if you know what I mean.

I don't care if this reads as pretentious to anyone. Literally NO ONE else is doing this, making worlds so steeped in culture.

Well said. While most other studios are stuck in the rut of "good vs evil" or "you are the chosen one" themes, Irrational's games manage to be saturated with philosophy and complex characters while still being imaginative, fun and accessible.

Also, as someone who strongly dislikes the silent-protagonist-even-though-people-are-talking-to-you-the-entire-time design, I am looking forward to the narrative possibilities of a voiced character.

Posted by cannedstingray

The most recent idle thumbs podcast had Shawn Elliott, from Irrational. He was saying that he strongly recommends that anyone who has already made up their mind to buy Infinite, to go media black. Just ignore everything that the marketing team puts out.

Infinite has been a day one purchase for me since pretty early on, so I've been trying to ignore most of what they show. I did watch the "First 5 minutes" trailer from the other week. I haven't watched this one yet.

I'm hoping that the less I know going in, the more I'll get out of the game when I play it.

Posted by MrHammeh

Love the style of this video, absolutely love it!

Posted by chilipeppersman

awesome shit dude, but im still gonna wait for the review.....

Posted by Dagbiker

Yah, this is all great, but what do the Numbers mean?

Posted by DEFE

Turning the video quality to HD to make sure their fake low quality looks right.

Posted by MrMazz

I want more of this

Posted by briansanderson

this was badass I have to say. hopefully more videos like this appear.

Posted by solidlife

I hope there is a full doc.

Posted by munnyman5

The second this video kicked off, I felt like I was sitting in a grade 8 science class.

Posted by blacklab

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you tease a fucking game.

Posted by GozerTC

Best Promo Ever! :)

Posted by jerseyscum

The 1980's aspect is showing up more and more. Interesting.

Whenever my interest for this game starts to cool, Irrational releases something to keep it up.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Dear SE: This is how you do advertising. Take notes.

Posted by coakroach

Well this has me hyped again

Posted by CodeFire

MAN, I hope they do more of this. Spot on!

Posted by Phatmac

As if I couldn't get any more excited for this game.

Posted by Zrais

Awesome

Posted by Jechtshot78

This is amazing, is it going to be a series?

Posted by HerbieBug

On media blackout for this game. Not watching.

Posted by nells81

Looking forward to this all the more... come on Robert G. Ingersoll audio log!!!

Posted by triviaman09

This is a breath of fresh goddamn air after the Dead Space 3 and Aliens: Colonial Marines trailers.

Posted by Fram

THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE.

Gets me more hyped than a hundred CG trailers ever could.

Posted by Kinggi

Ken Levine and crew starting to work their magic.

Posted by tenniscrazy

Can't wait for this game, but what are the tie ins to 1 and 2?

Posted by Hikaratu

@lumberingjackal: What a bold assessment, a promotional video clearly set on the periphery of the games fiction in an amusing omage to something that isn't directly related to the game won't have the same tone? Nostradamas.

Posted by CaptRocketblaze

Old Bioshock did nothing for me. New Bioshock may do everything for me.

Posted by KlUMZeE

@tenniscrazy said:

Can't wait for this game, but what are the tie ins to 1 and 2?

From what i understand, there may not be a connection and, if there is, it'll be just small references here and there. Ken Levine has said that the Bioshock series is more about the gameplay style and having a unique setting and powerful story than making sure all of the games are connected. In other words, you can think of it like the Final Fantasy series; games that have similar ideas but are set in completely different universes. But I guess we won't really know until it's out.

Edited by x0mb13

Awesome trailer. This has completely rekindled my interest in this game.

• 116 results