216 Comments
Posted by JesusHammer

UBISOFT I JUST WANT TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES! Now this is just less time going to Beyond Good & Evil 2. That game is never going to come out.

Posted by me3639

Zing! Just won me a bet, thanks!

Posted by joeshabadoo

alright, enough of this 'never understood why it was exclusive' crap. BECAUSE IT WAS DESIGNED AROUND CONSOLE-SPECIFIC FEATURES, and those features were quite fun an awesome as evidenced by the demo. what is hard to understand? yes there were always arguements for it going multi-plat, but that is the easily understandable reason for exclusivity

Posted by LarcenousLaugh

So much for 3rd party WiiU exclusives... Way to go Nintendo. That's how you shore up a console launch!

Posted by ProfessorEss
@Daveyo520: Oh, I was just poking fun of the typo :) 
Posted by Tolkienfanatic

Yess. I loved the hell out of Origins and was bummed I wouldn't be able to play Legends. Thanks, Ubi :)

Posted by cannonballBAM

@locolukah said:

Looks like Ubisoft actually wants people to play this game! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Right, because your gonna be concerned about this game within a month of a new console launch.

I am skipping this one now, for shame Michel Ancel, for shame.

Posted by Vitamin_Dei

I'm sorry to see this delayed for the WiiU owners, but as a 9currently) non WiiU owner I'm pretty excited that it's coming to other consoles. Too bad they couldn't just release it on WiiU first as promised, though.

Posted by DaMisterChief

LuLz Wii U

Posted by radioactivez0r

Posted by Daveyo520

@ProfessorEss: Oops

Posted by Godzilla_Sushi

Well, they just sold one more copy of the game now.

Edited by ProfessorEss
@radioactivez0r said:

@Alex Did they give any reason for delaying the Wii U version? It seems like a huge mistake to hold onto that one and allow it to compete with other systems in 7 months instead of giving it a huge head start for people who can play it now and maybe even churn some console purchases.

Yeah I feel like they could've kept Nintendo, WiiU owners and 360/PS3 fans happy (at least somewhat) by releasing the WiiU version now and the 360/PS3 version in September. 

All I can figure is that they want to save on marketing by running one campaign for all versions. 
Posted by Soral

Boy, this really sucks!

Edited by Nezza

Dammit, I was massively looking forward to this. It is a hell of a delay as well.

Posted by sixpin

@towolie: A lot of those things were said about Wii pre-launch. We are now months into the Wii U and sales have been low. The current state of Wii U is sad compared to how the Wii was selling at this point in its life (as in sold out everywhere). I don't really remember people saying PS3 would fail, just that it was too pricey and needed a price drop - which was true and happened.

Point is, Wii U isn't doing so hot. I bought one. Haven't played it since the week it came out. I have buyers remorse like a Move/Kinect owner.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

Less reason to buy a Wii U, thanks Ubisoft!

Posted by TooWalrus

Wow. I knew it wouldn't stay exclusive forever but damn, I figured it would be for awhile.

@Daveyo520 said:

Now all that is needed next is Boyonetta 2 to somehow come out on other things.

God, I wish.

Posted by Aegon

So, why are people angry about this?

Posted by zyn

One game less to persuade me to buy a Wii U...

Posted by probablytuna

I wonder how well that Gamepad-controlled character will translate in the other versions of the game?

Posted by Daveyo520

@TooWalrus: It has happened before. Look at things like ME1 coming out on PS3 and that was published by MS. Sega could somehow do the same in a few years maybe.

Posted by ShatterShock

I was never going to buy a Wii U for the sake of Rayman Legends. It was more like a game that I could consider buying after the fact of getting a Wii U for something else.

With it releasing in September, it'll just be lost in the noise of bigger games and the next-gen console launches.

Edited by BaconGames

Now I'm wonder if there will be a PC version that will come out even later. Video games are weird.

Posted by clank543

Thank God! I have no desire to buy a console for 1 or 2 games!

Posted by TooWalrus

@Daveyo520 said:

@TooWalrus: It has happened before. Look at things like ME1 coming out on PS3 and that was published by MS. Sega could somehow do the same in a few years maybe.

I know it's feasible, but I can't wait for Bayonetta. It's a sequel to one of my favorite games ever, if it's on the shelf... I'm gonna buy it.

Posted by towolie

@sixpin said:

@towolie: A lot of those things were said about Wii pre-launch. We are now months into the Wii U and sales have been low. The current state of Wii U is sad compared to how the Wii was selling at this point in its life (as in sold out everywhere). I don't really remember people saying PS3 would fail, just that it was too pricey and needed a price drop - which was true and happened.

Point is, Wii U isn't doing so hot. I bought one. Haven't played it since the week it came out. I have buyers remorse like a Move/Kinect owner.

well in a few years we will come back to this and we will see. I'm not going to buy a wii u myself. ( not yet anyways ) i'm just getting sick of all the doom speech. the ps3 took at least 3 years to become popular and the wii was laughed at for being shit ( i agree the games lacked but it sold more than the ps3 and xbox 360 together )

i'm just giving the wii u a fair amount of time before calling it a failure or success.

Posted by Atom

no PC?

Posted by NowSayPillow

Crazy insanely excited about this. Thought I was gonna miss it completely.

Posted by Daveyo520

@TooWalrus: I never really got buying a whole console for one game. So even though I like Zelda I never got a Wii U, even with 2 Zelda games on it. I did own a copy of TP for it though for some reason.

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

@Aegon said:

The delay part.

Posted by iAmJohn

@Aegon said:

Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that it was literally going to come out in less than three weeks and is now delayed for seven months for nebulous reasons that make absolutely no sense (to say nothing of the fact that they're now going to put it out at the beginning of the holiday shopping season instead of right now where there is fuck all to play, and we all know how well that worked out for Rayman Origins with its 5,000 sales launch month) has something to do with it.

Posted by TooWalrus

@Daveyo520: Eventually though, the Wii U's gonna have SMT X Fire Emblem, Yoshi's Epic Yarn, Windwaker HD, & Pikmin 3, in addition to Bayonetta, so it won't be a total waste. It won't be out for awhile, anyway, maybe there'll be more stuff by then. I don't really plan on buying the new consoles right away, either.

Posted by Masterherox

As a Wii U owner, this kinda bugs me. Not the part where it is coming out on other consoles, that I don't care about. The delay is the part that bugs me.

Posted by Daveyo520

@TooWalrus: I say at least wait a year after its release if not 2. To see what shakes out. The last console I got on launch was the GameCube and that is the last time that will happen. Also the last time I will get a console from NIntendo that is not a handheld.

Posted by SathingtonWaltz

@iAmJohn said:

@Aegon said:

Gee I don't know, maybe the fact that it was literally going to come out in less than three weeks and is now delayed for seven months for nebulous reasons that make absolutely no sense (to say nothing of the fact that they're now going to put it out at the beginning of the holiday shopping season instead of right now where there is fuck all to play, and we all know how well that worked out for Rayman Origins with its 5,000 sales launch month) has something to do with it.

Not to mention the fact that I actually have a fucking playable demo for a game that won't be out for half a fucking year.

Edited by Nardak

Now we just need Bayonetta 2 to come out also on other consoles.

Posted by Rodiard

Disappointing but ultimately better for consumers since now more people can buy the game.

Posted by zeo12

@TooWalrus: you and many people (including me) don't buy a system on launch, but the people who bought a wii u rayman legends was their game to pick up this month because theres nothing right now for the wii u and thats why the delay is a total bummer.

Posted by megabite10164

Wellp. Nintendo got screwed pretty hard. If there was a giant gap between release of the WiiU and other platforms I damn sure would have bought the WiiU version to play it eight months earlier.

Posted by algertman
@Abendlaender said:

That is definitely a nail in the WiiU's already boarded up coffin

Come on, this ain't the Vita.  
Posted by Deathpooky

I can see why people who bought a Wii U would be pissed, but for the rest of us this works out great. The touchscreen stuff seemed ancillary to the actual platforming, so it still wasn't selling me on the Wii U. You can't just trumpet exclusives, you have to show me why it'd be worth it to play them on this new console.

And I can't really blame Ubisoft. I wouldn't be surprised if more Wii U third party exclusives follow suit to the extent they aren't reliant on the platform.

Posted by J12088

Ouch. Couldn't careless that it's multiplatform it's the delay that's silly. The games ready just launch it.

Posted by johncallahan

This news just crushed my February. Easily my most anticipated game of the month.

Posted by Meltac

Wanted to play the game, but I didn't want to get near a Wii U, so this is great!

Posted by Picsl

I hope this means a Vita version at some point, I prefer 2d platformers on handhelds.

Posted by Sergotron

Awesome, now its one less reason to buy a WiiU now. Hopefully we will se a good number of software support soon.

Posted by Shaunage
Posted by joeshabadoo

@Deathpooky: oh I'm glad it 'seemed' that way to you. Did you play any of the demoes made available, or watch any trailers showing later game murphy participation? It was not simply ancillary. It was WAY more involved and fun than the sort of stuff that the boost mode player could do in NSMB U

Posted by csl316

This, The Wonderful 101, and Bayonetta 2 were my reasons to get a Wii U. Guess I can hold off til some other exclusive can fill in for the third slot.