72 Comments
  • 72 results
Posted by Beatus

Interesting.

Posted by Keavy_Rain

In for the 17 pack.

There's two games I don't care about or want, but I want the bonuses and I save $15 by buying the all-in-one pack.

Sucks I have to wait until May, though.

Posted by gbrading

NOTHING STOPS THE GAME ROOM QUICK LOOK.

Posted by LegendaryChopChop

Yep. I'm buying these.

Posted by GenghisJohn

I'm in for Commando, no interest in anything else

Posted by Lyfeforce

I'm really happy that there's no mega man or street fighter in sight here.

Posted by Mendelson9

GAME ROOM LIVES!

Posted by BSw

@Phished0ne said:

@BSw said:

@wariomona said:

I have all these games already for PS2 but some of them are awesome enough to get again.

Also, return of the "Game Room" quick look, please!

Edit: Here's the prices: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/02/07/capcom-arcade-cabinet-full-games-list-release-dates-and-pricing

Single Game: $4; Pack-of-three: $10; All 17: $30

Seriously? That's pretty expensive for a couple of old game ports.

Its probably a little pricey on the price of *all* of them. Ideally all 17 would've been more like 20-25?? Personally i'll buy 2 or 3 of them and happily pay 4 dollars for ghosts and goblins, 1943 and a few others. Although i imagine it would be a pain trying to figure out pricing for stuff like that.

From a customer perspective, you are absolutely right that nostalgia is an important factor (and anybody that wants to buy one or more of these should of course do so). But for me, the markup on these relatively easy-to-do ports is bizarre. I'd rather spend my bucks on more recent games at a similar price point (usually starting at $8,-/800 MSP), and play these kind of games for free in one of the many, many (sometimes extremely good) duplications that have been created over the years. This is not 'reliving the old days' for a cool price, this is a cheap, perhaps almost loveless cash-in. And that's a shame, because I do like the comeback of yesteryear's games.

Posted by RetroMetal

@mikeydangelo said:

Game Room-esque Quick Looks please!

STAT!

:-)

Posted by spookytapes

Game Room-esque Quick Looks please!

Posted by Ronald

So buy them individually for $68 or spend $30 at once. And didn't it say if you bought all of them you get a free game?

Posted by bunnymud

Fuck it. I'll get them all /Ash

Posted by Sunjammer

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I have spent a DECADE PLUS trying to remember what arcade game I played on that ship that one time when I was little, and this video identified it :) Speed Rumbler! Fuck yeah!

I feel like I can go on with my life now. Maybe have kids, settle down.

Posted by OGred

Th@wariomona said:

I have all these games already for PS2 but some of them are awesome enough to get again.

Edit: Here's the prices: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/02/07/capcom-arcade-cabinet-full-games-list-release-dates-and-pricing

Haven't played any of these, can someone give me recommendations for packs or individual games? thanks! :D

Edited by Phished0ne

@BSw said:

@wariomona said:

Its probably a little pricey on the price of *all* of them. Ideally all 17 would've been more like 20-25?? Personally i'll buy 2 or 3 of them and happily pay 4 dollars for ghosts and goblins, 1943 and a few others. Although i imagine it would be a pain trying to figure out pricing for stuff like that.

Edited by lightsoda

Oh great, overpriced bulls... OH GOD! Ghosts 'n Goblins, and Section Z!

Posted by BSw

@wariomona said:

Posted by nate6858

I kinda just want the song from the trailer, that's a pretty sweet jam. Though 1942 & 1943 are kind of appealing nostalgically.

Posted by RetroVirus

Love me some 1943/42. I'm glad they've gone out of their way to let you purchase them individually, cause those are the only games here I care about.

Posted by thirteenyahs

Get dat Son Son SON.

Posted by cthomer5000

round up all your JUNGALOS and get back in the game room!

Posted by namco51

Thanks but I'll stick with my MAME cabinet.

Posted by Generiko

old games look terrible.

I'm sure Adam Boyes is happy now

Edited by wariomona

Posted by Atom

Game Room at least looked like it had a heart...

Posted by TooSweet

Black Tiger! I'm in. I loved that game in the arcades. I can see myself getting a bunch of these titles.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Capcom Game Room LET'S GO!!

Posted by august

Played a bunch of Black Tiger on the psp.

THAT GAME IS TOTALLY FUCKED

Posted by killawogg

@captainanderson: no kidding where is styder?? my copy is still sitting in my genesis as we speak

Posted by Solh0und

Kinda wish that Capcom would release the arcade D&D games digitally.

Posted by Daneian

Tell me i blinked and missed the arcade version of Bionic Commando.

Posted by WMoyer83

Where the fuck is Strider?

Posted by ZHabermann

Why do I get the feeling the All in One pack will be way cheaper then buying them as they release?

Posted by BPRJCTX

I bet they'll find a way to lock content way for you to pay to unlock, even in these old classic games.

Fuck you Capcom.

Posted by FiestaUnicorn

I'm all for a game called "Savage Bees" regardless of how it actually plays.

Posted by SupberUber

Haven't seen Gunsmoke digitally available before.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

Those are some HEALTHY borders.

Edited by Pop
Posted by yevinorion

I first read this title as "ruins" a bunch of old stuff. Glad that was my mistake!

Posted by TwoLines

Aww yis, more Jeff and Ryan classic games Quick Looks, I freaking LOVE those.

Posted by melodiousj

Wow, I heard it was kind of like a Capcom Game Room, but that's not true at all. It's Exactly like a Capcom Game Room.

Posted by Benny

The only thing I'm interested to see is the quick looks of all these games.

Posted by EarthBowl

Although there are other avenues where I can play it, I'm interested in playing Ghost's N' Goblins on my Xbox 360. The thought of that is kinda weird, but at the same time, pretty cool.

Posted by csl316

Is this like a room for games?

Posted by fisk0

I already own the Capcom Classics Collections released for PS2, and I think they include pretty much everything they showed off here.

If they were released on PC with soundtracks as suggested, I'd probably at least buy Exed Exes again, especially if it includes that amazing PS2 remix.

Posted by MJHAYLETT

Video Capture PS3 only, Screenshots Xbox 360 only. Um what Capcom - why split functionality that way?

Posted by Animasta

@Efesell said:

Nothing stops the game room quick looks

Posted by DrJota

@Pudge said:

NOTHING STOPS THE CAPCOM CABINET!

Posted by Vuud

Return of the Revenge of the Son of the Game Room Quick Look?

Posted by ReV_VAdAUL

They tried to stop the Game Room Quick Looks. They are very sorry now.

• 72 results