#1 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1255 posts) -
#2 Posted by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -

Dawww. That's cool. Reading the author's thoughts on how much Ryan deciding to do a QL of that game changed his life broke my fucking heart.

#3 Posted by Sargus (767 posts) -

That's amazing.

#4 Posted by Pie (7279 posts) -

I remember reading that dude's blog post about Ryan and how he helped give him a big break. Or something like that

#5 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (5525 posts) -

Oh jeez, here comes the flood works for me again.

#6 Edited by vikingdeath1 (1182 posts) -

@ghostiet: you wouldn't happen to have a link to that piece of writing would you? I'd love to read that.

#7 Posted by rmanthorp (4475 posts) -

<33

#8 Edited by Freek (110 posts) -
#9 Posted by mden2013 (38 posts) -

CSD is a flippin' delight. Also a boilin' delight, and a choppin' delight, and an identifyin'-robbers-to-the-police delight. The makers seem like pretty sweet folks. :3

#10 Posted by J12088 (471 posts) -

Thanks for highlighting the game i didn't know it was on steam. Just bought it.

#11 Edited by code3xbl (47 posts) -

Don't forget:

If you bought the game through the humble store or any of the other game stores (except iOS), go back to your purchases page of that game store as the developer has provided steam keys for every purchase.

More info is available in a dedicated thread in the community hub on steam.

Thanks @chubigans

#12 Posted by FreakGirl (94 posts) -

Just saw this game on Steam and am thinking about getting it, again. I already own it on the iPad and played it many, many hours a couple of months ago. Awesome game!

#13 Posted by Milkman (18759 posts) -

The piece that this dude wrote about Ryan was really beautiful and he made a game that is dope as hell. Everyone should buy it.

#14 Posted by Chaser324 (7812 posts) -

@freek: Oh shit. I feel bad for not reading that article before now. Didn't realize David had mentioned that Extra Life stream I did last year (which Ryan generously donated to...thanks big guy).

#15 Posted by Baillie (4687 posts) -

Chubigans could have absolutely nailed it if he had used Police Sketch Jeff for the Robbery achievement image.

#16 Edited by ZombiePie (6634 posts) -
Bravo!
Bravo!

#17 Posted by gbrading (2645 posts) -

Further evidence Chubigans is awesome.

#18 Edited by Patman99 (1648 posts) -

<>

#19 Posted by SoftCoreDave (175 posts) -

I like this a lot, like a LOT

#20 Posted by Iodine (670 posts) -

Crying endlessly

#21 Edited by Snail (8831 posts) -

Wow. This comes just one day after the Wind Waker Prima Strategy Guide tribute and the John Carpenter interview got posted on Giant Bomb. Just... nice combo.

That is the best achievement, I think we can all agree. Right on.

#22 Edited by DeeGee (2192 posts) -

The lack of a full stop on that sentence is grating me so much.

Why are Steam achievements spitting in the face of good grammar? WHY?

#23 Edited by Evilsbane (5473 posts) -

@deegee said:

The lack of a full stop on that sentence is grating me so much.

Why are Steam achievements spitting in the face of good grammar? WHY?

If it bothers the grammEr Nazies than jerb wel dun. . . ?!

Amazing stuff love all the Ryan tribute stuff popping up it is all a little bittersweet but sweet nonetheless.

#24 Posted by turboman (8819 posts) -

:D

#25 Edited by Demoskinos (17253 posts) -

I had no intention on buying anything this week outside of lunch and a copy of Beyond but fuck it Im going to buy this when I get home. This guy deserves it. Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't been paying attention to steam lately.

#26 Posted by DeeGee (2192 posts) -
#27 Posted by mosdef (206 posts) -

Bravo!
Bravo!

thanks that put a tear in my eye. Great job.

#28 Posted by Morningstar (2359 posts) -

Good man. Good man.

#29 Edited by JackSukeru (6438 posts) -

Ok, ya got me. I wasn't going to get this game but now I can't help it.

#30 Posted by Dalai (7856 posts) -

Free idea for the wiki editors. Ryan Davis tribute concept page. You're welcome.

Also, this is beyond awesome.

#31 Posted by Nictel (2695 posts) -

I had no intention on buying anything this week outside of lunch and a copy of Beyond but fuck it Im going to buy this when I get home. This guy deserves it. Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't been paying attention to steam lately.

Ok, ya got me. I wasn't going to get this game but now I can't help it.

Yeah, me too. Me too.

#32 Posted by Ben_H (3837 posts) -

Buying it again. Already own the iOS and Mac version. Gotta get that cross platformitude on. This game is an absolute blast.

#33 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1255 posts) -

Played a bit of it, noticed that they also are calling a Corndog with nothing but Ketchup "The Gerstmann"

#34 Posted by Animasta (14848 posts) -

Played a bit of it, noticed that they also are calling a Corndog with nothing but Ketchup "The Gerstmann"

I haven't seen that yet!

maybe it happened once but most of the time it's just red dog.

#35 Posted by Itwongo (1710 posts) -

You're makin' me choke up here....

#36 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1255 posts) -

@animasta said:

@icicle7x3 said:

I haven't seen that yet!

maybe it happened once but most of the time it's just red dog.

Yeah, its not always The Gerstmann, but it popped up a couple times.

#37 Edited by Zaccheus (1909 posts) -

Hmm... Shouldn't I get a code for the steam version since I bought it from their site? I seem to remember it saying that when I bought it.

The devs love for GB is awesome.

#38 Posted by Pimpsandwich (82 posts) -
@zaccheus said:

Hmm... Shouldn't I get a code for the steam version since I bought it from their site? I seem to remember it saying that when I bought it.

You should be able to go onto your Humble Store profile and look up the game on your list, there should be a Steam code on its page now.

#39 Edited by Zaccheus (1909 posts) -

@pimpsandwich said:
@zaccheus said:

You should be able to go onto your Humble Store profile and look up the game on your list, there should be a Steam code on its page now.

I don't really know what you mean. I have never created an account to Humble Store. That was not required when I bought the game. I just bought through Paypal and got an email with a download link.

Edit: so I just emailed the dev and they just sent me a Steam code... Kind of weird, but also awesome.

"I can give you the code right here! Enjoy!"

#40 Edited by Wokisan (44 posts) -

@zaccheus said:

@pimpsandwich said:
@zaccheus said:

I don't really know what you mean. I have never created an account to Humble Store. That was not required when I bought the game. I just bought through Paypal and got an email with a download link.

Edit: so I just emailed the dev and they just sent me a Steam code... Kind of weird, but also awesome.

"I can give you the code right here! Enjoy!"

I had to do the same thing since my Humble store account email is different from the one I used to buy the game with (bought directly from the developer). The developer is very friendly, extremely helpful, and sent me a Steam code quickly. That and his love for GiantBomb makes me want to support every single game he creates.

#41 Posted by Andorski (5475 posts) -

What's the best way to play this game: PC or iPad? Was gonna wait for this game to go on sale but the devs giving Ryan Davis props means I'll happily pay full price to support cool duders.

#42 Posted by peritus (1117 posts) -

Thats really cool.

#43 Posted by Jedted (2790 posts) -

I just noticed i had this achievement on Steam and i don't remember seeing in game. Seeing how fast that game moves it makes sense that i wouldn't notice achievement pop-ups.

Still, pretty cool tribute.

#44 Edited by Yesiamaduck (1768 posts) -

Just got this achievement and first thing I looked for was if this thread existed, it did, so I'm gonna do this

:)

#45 Posted by TehBuLL (757 posts) -

Love this game and fully support Vertigo Gaming for whatever they keep on dong.