We need a new Crimson Skies game or at least an HD remake

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Crimson Skies was an exclusive for the original xbox that does not deserve to be forgotten or cast aside. It had an incredible setting, a good story, fantastic gameplay, and some of the best online play I have ever experienced. I would love to see a new game for the XBONE, but I would be satisfied with an HD version with cleaned up textures and, of course, gameplay on Live again.

With Microsoft trying to convince gamers that the XBONE is for them and resurecting weird old properties like Phantom Dust, now is the time to bring back Crimson Skies (along with Mechassault plz.)

It's not like the XBONE is flooded by great dogfighting games or that people have stopped enjoying fun deathmatch type online experiences.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Oh man, I ate this game UP when I was younger! I absolutely loved the multiplayer. I remember the maps just being so amazing for the time. Lot's of fun with a variety of different airplanes and special abilities.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Capum15

God, I fucking loved High Road to Revenge. Played so much of that game back then. Would love to see a new one.

Edit: I seem to remember a giant blimp with an opening in the front, filled with sawblades, that ate other blimps in the campaign. That's metal as hell.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sinusoidal

Agreed. Crimson Skies was awesome. I'd love to see a resurgence of the arcadey flight-sim in general actually. Someone should also bring back Colony Wars while we're at it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

They did a pretty good job with that game. Unfortunately, I think FASA dissolved at some point, and I don't know if Zipper had the rights still before they shut down or if Microsoft has the rights to it still. That game along with Halo 2 were THE multiplayer games on Xbox, though.

With them bringing Phantom Dust back, I don't see why Microsoft couldn't bring it back again under a different studio. I know I'd play it!

Just...don't give it to Airtight Games. Please don't give it to Airtight Games.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I could definitely go for another Crimson Skies right now (though I would prefer MechAssualt if I had a choice). With them bringing back Phantom Dust, I'd say fucking anything is possible as long as they hold the rights.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

YES. YES WE DO.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By conmulligan

I played splitscreen multiplayer in Crimson Skies obsessively during my first year at university. Then, the 360 came out and it was unceremoniously ditched for Perfect Dark of all fucking games. I'd love to see it come back, but I know I'd probably end up being disappointed.

Broddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Broddity

I'm reviving this.

Crimson Skies was awesome. And at some stage, they appear to have had grand franchise / brand plans.

With Indiana Jones trying to resuscitate itself, Uncharted following through, and a lack of arcade-y flight fighters out there... Isn't it time we had a Crimson Skies update?

I'll take an HD remaster as a lead-up to a full new game. I played High Road recently enough to say it stands up (and the music is freaking epic).

Broddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Just to back my last point up):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL07E254EB7CD8A6F6

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I could definitely go for another Crimson Skies right now (though I would prefer MechAssualt if I had a choice). With them bringing back Phantom Dust, I'd say fucking anything is possible as long as they hold the rights.

This and Mechassault would be great remasters.