Would you prefer Crysis with less prevalent Stealth/Invisibility?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you prefer Crysis with less prevalent Stealth/Invisibility? (68 votes)

Yes 15%
No 85%

I love Crysis. I did enjoy Crysis 2 as well, even if it was a whole lot less impactful, and clearly a step down ambitions-wise. Crysis 3 seems like it will refine what Crytek has done with Crysis 2 - to the point of perfection. It's the second game in the Crysis 2 series. Take that for what it's worth - to you. Crysis 1 still awaits its first true successor.

Anyways. Stealth was super-restricitive in Crysis 1. Less so in Crysis 2. In Crysis 3 it feels non-restrictive and natural. Full-on predator mode. A great powertrip for sure. That said, it got me thinking - I'd much prefer Crysis gameplay without stealth. I love the movement. I love the Halo-like tough-to-kill survivabilty, and the combat puzzle encounters that come from that.

I think I'd much prefer a Crysis without stealth. Especially in MP. All about in your face hulking-out action. The kind of game where being out-of-cover and exposed feels natural. Giving players larger windows of opportunity for meaningful action. I'm tired of the split-second gameplay of the Call of Duties and Battlefields of the world.

Crysis is the missing link between those games and Halo. If only the extreme reliance of stealth gameplay wouldn't move it away from that, to a more somber and slow pace. I think Crysis would be better being about all-out in-your-face action, which just doesn't mesh with invisibility and stealth.

Agree? Disagree? Why?

• 
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

More stealth! More invisibility! I want to be a goddamn cyborg ninja with cloaking and silenced sniper rifles, fuckers.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love stealthing and feeling like a bad ass by way of sneaking up on dudes and taking them out. I mean, it's there as a choice, right? Just don't use stealth if it doesn't appeal to you.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stealth is the main thing that makes Crysis a shitload more fun than any other run of the mill generic shooter; and also allows for a lot of entertaining AI fuckery.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I don't think you should be any more visible in the most literal sense of the word, but I think it should be designed in such a way that you can't just walk past two-thirds of the game's encounters. I mean, there are times in Crysis 2 where you can practically unzip your nanosuit and wave your dick around in front of the soldiers and none of them will notice.

Now visualize that.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seppli

@weltal said:

I love stealthing and feeling like a bad ass by way of sneaking up on dudes and taking them out. I mean, it's there as a choice, right? Just don't use stealth if it doesn't appeal to you.

Stealth as a choice is great - true. I just don't find the reliance on actual invisibility especially appealing. I don't like invisibility in multiplayer, that's one thing for sure.

kdavey2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The multiplayer probably suffers because of these mechanics, I can't be sure having only played a handful of rounds on it, but it would be akin to ripping the heart out of the game to lose the stealth in the single player.

And anyway, as has been said, it's there as a choice. You can go balls-out crazy on every fucker if you so choose and you'll have just as much success.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

heavy stealth and infiltration is really the only way i played Crysis, Warhead and 2. To lose it would make it another boring shooter for me.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crysis's strength lies in its ability to successfully translate the Predator movies into a video game. It does that by giving you invisibility and well rounded stealth mechanics. I really enjoyed the constant retelling of Ten Little Indians in both Crysis and Crysis 2, picking off guards and enemy soldiers one at a time and having the rest freak the fuck out. It turns you into the slasher in a slasher movie, and it's an incredible achievement when you consider how many games have gone for that brass ring and how few have succeeded.

So no, don't get rid of stealth. People who do Power/Speed runs are fun to watch, but for my personal enjoyment I prefer stealth.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

More stealth! More invisibility! I want to be a goddamn cyborg ninja with cloaking and silenced sniper rifles, fuckers.

Yes sir. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with a cherry on the top.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@believer258 said:

I don't think you should be any more visible in the most literal sense of the word, but I think it should be designed in such a way that you can't just walk past two-thirds of the game's encounters.

Yep, this is exactly what I think. It makes it pretty boring since that's a choice. I mean, giving the player choice is great, but just not that choice, 'cause it makes it far less challenging than having to fight them all, which is what I want to do, in my own way. Furthermore, Crytek needs to make the A.I. in Crysis so much better, at least as good as the Replica Soldiers from F.E.A.R. 'cause they are quite literally some of the worst I've ever seen.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

It would be just another goddamn shooter if it didn't have stealth don't be crazy son.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would prefer Crysis with manual power mode back and smaller weapon models.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This but instead of ninja, the Predator.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Now we're talking. Follow me to Kickstarter and let's get this train moving!

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More stealth! More invisibility! I want to be a goddamn cyborg ninja with cloaking and a bow, fuckers.

fixed that for ya, no need to thank me.

Dauthi693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think crysis should have less stealth but have a spin off more focused on the stealth aspects.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could you just not use it?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli

@hanskisaragi said:

remove the suit and the game becomes generic.

I'm not questioning the suit. I love the über-human mobility and survivabilty of it. However, I do question the full-blown invisibility. It seems like a crutch for AI-shortcomings in singleplayer, and is downright disruptive in multiplayer. I think it's the main reason why Crysis didn't manage to capture a sizeable chunk of the online multiplayer audience.

I'd rather have a MGS4-style adaptive camo system. Stand still, sync-up your suits camo with your surroundings - be semi-invisible. I think it'd be more interesting for both singleplayer and especially multiplayer.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By natedawg_kz

They need to make Crysis more crazy and unique! Especially online, it's to similar to Call of Duty. They need to go more in their own direction

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Seppli

A more realistic *invisibility* system could be extremely interesting, where-in the suit can only camouflage itself from one onlooker when on the move. Two modes of active camo. Active/adaptive versus one onlooker, even when on the move, and MGS4-style, to maximize camouflage when hiding/lurking in the environments.

The whole *completely invisible* for reals shtick gets old fast, especially in multiplayer.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How exactly was stealth restrictive in Crysis 1?