New Trailer and Release Date announced - July 9th

tumbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Looks like there will be a jury system this time around and also a black/white scale?

Can't wait to see the english version for this game

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

An English release seems optimistic, but man, I'm hoping.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@spunkyhepanda said:

An English release seems optimistic, but man, I'm hoping.

I hope Capcom-senpai notices us...

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I hope they do a proper non-americafied localization. The 3ds one was a bit jarring sometimes.

No Caption Provided

Source

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zeik

@forcen: I can't see how they could possibly get away with it in this one. I doubt they're ever going to retcon that change at this point, but I think it would be pretty easy to just say Wright had some Japanese ancestors.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@zeik: Did you play the last one? That village full of Japanese immigrants that still had local ancient legends about Japanese demons?

But yeah, probably.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@forcen: Like I said, they're probably never going to retcon that change out of the Phoenix Wright and co. localization, no matter how Japanese it gets, because they've already commited to him being American and thus the surrounding areas he visits have to be in America.

However, this is a whole new character, who is even more explicitly Japanese (Wright may inexplicably visit tons of super Japanese places, but I think he passes fine as an American himself), so I feel like making him American is more trouble than it's worth, as he could actually be Japanese while still maintaining their stubborn commitment to modern Wright being American.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@forcen said:

@zeik: Did you play the last one? That village full of Japanese immigrants that still had local ancient legends about Japanese demons?

But yeah, probably.

My secret favorite thing about the americanization stuff in the Ace Attorney games is the part where the Gyakuten Kenji 2 fan translation totally runs with that stuff as well despite not having any mandate to do so.

I'd love it if this game came out over here, but given that Capcom be Capcomin', I'm not sure if it's a given. AA 5 and the Professor Layton crossover were both really fun.