Thanks Dan!

Avatar image for deactivated-6082f30752bdc
deactivated-6082f30752bdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really have to thank Dan Ryckert for getting me back into Giant Bomb. Towards the end of 2013 I was starting to lose interested not only in Giant Bomb, but in video games. Then I heard Vinny was moving away, so there was a couple months where I didn't visit Giant Bomb or play games. Then I heard they hired a new guy, and this sparked my curiosity. So I came back and I'm so glad I did. Dan got me and my friends to play Mario Party, we started playing Super Smash Bros., and he even got me to play through all the Metal Gear Solid games. So thanks again Dan you got me back into the world of video games.

Avatar image for underscore_underscore
Underscore_Underscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan's a great addition to the GB staff, and I'm glad he's here

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I was pretty giddy when it was rumored he was coming. Then there was the awesome swerve of him showing up in pictures at IGN. While I can't say that I've ever been down on the site I can say that I totally agree Dan is a great addition to the site. He's also been doing a great job spearheading new content on the site.

On a Vinny note ( the best kind of notes), I hope that when they get settled in at gbEAST that we start getting the Random PC Game segment back. That was always my favorite.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By yakov456

Dan is the catalyst to keep GB running strong. Wish he would interject more on the bombcast.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5 gamer_152  Moderator

I've remained pretty strong with GB all the way along, but Dan is a great guy and I always enjoy the enthusiasm and upbeat attitude he brings to site content. I'm glad we have him onboard.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Some say he is the savior we need. Some say he is a threat to us all. But one thing is for certain with Dan Ryckert:

Actually, I don't know. I don't think anything is certain about Dan Ryckert.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

dan is fucking amazing.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon, Demo Derby and Mario Party Party are some of my favourite series ever on GB, and his eternal optimism has really dragged the site out of the slump it had been in for a while. Thanks Dan!

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is the Vince McMahon of Giant Bomb.... or Russo.... im bad with analogies.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is equal parts infuriating, and awesome....and beardy.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I too would like to say that Dan really changed things around for me. I love his optimism and his infectious enthusiasm for things he loves. I wish there was slightly less wrestling talk as Dan became a dark caralyst for Jeff to really let loose with that particular topic but hey no one is perfect!

After Vinny left I think we all felt it - the careful balance between Patrick's serious content to the typical wacky nonsense was put on tilt. Now with Dan we finally have the goofy, dumb stuff back in full force.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan and A-Striker are terrific addons to the cast, it was so fucking unfortunate how much shit they got in the beginning though for being 2 white straight dudes.

but yea, they definitely brought the energy back on the site to being more wacky and fun and loose.

Love A-Strikers i dont give a fuck attitude, and i love how Dan just goes for it and lets nothing faze him, that whole bit a while back on a bombcast where he talked about perseverance and dedication really made me respect him more.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Dan as well, when he's not being judgmental. For a grown-ass man who eats entire cans of string cheese and loves wrestling, he also loves to bash anything he deems "not normal".

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope he wins an Oscar for his performance as "Dan Ryckert." He's amazing

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I remember when they posted the photo at IGN the morning of the announcement. My heart stopped for a second.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Started another playthrough of MGS thanks to Dan! Keep it up man!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a second my mind disconnected the topic the forum was in from the poster of the topic and thought that Dan made a topic thanking himself.
And I believed it to be a thing he would do.
Luvudan<3

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Let the circle jerk commence!

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I agree. Vinny was my favorite part of the Bombcast and I almost stopped listening when he moved. Dan has made me love the podcast again.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stuff he has done on this site is some of the best. I mean, there is now a video of him and Jeff playing mario on a rollarcoaster...just amazing. A-striker has been an awesome addition too.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still miss Vinny, but Dan sure has found a niche for himself here.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree, Dan is the hero we need!

Also I find totally hilarious how FURIOUSLY MAD some people get because the guy has some quirky opinions.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Behind the heel persona he likes to portray he has actually been very open minded and willing to try out out anything and challenge his own preconceived notions. I don't see that very often and I am very impressed by it.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Dan is great, having Vinny back on the bombcast reminded me that there's just no replacement.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan is one cool dude and a great addition to the Giantbomb family.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Nothing can replace the Ryan-shaped hole in my heart and the absence of Vinny is sorely felt, but Dan (and also Jason, hats off to the guy, he doesn't get enough credit) have been fantastic additions to the team.

The number of features Dan sparked in just a couple of months is astounding (we need another Mario Party before Xmas) and while he has some very strange ideas and ideals, as well as an unhealthy obsession with wrestling, I can't help but love his tireless enthusiasm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, you fools! John Drake warned us about this! He warned us!

Loading Video...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I've been watching a lot of Game Informer's Super Replay series and I've only grown to like Dan all the more. Such a supremely goofy individual.

Also, Tim Turi is kind of a living legend.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@yummylee: Tim is amazing. He's the king of playing horrible video games at this point.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@gaminghooligan: Absolutely. The amount of patience and perseverance that guy has simply demands respect!

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@watchmen877: Word. I think he's a great addition to the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter what some thought of him at first, Dan has proven himself as exactly the sort of person Giant Bomb needed. This place needed energy and drive because it had lost so much, and after Vinny moved away, it needed even more of an engine to push things back to where Giant Bomb had been. The site needed loud, optimistic pep. Someone who would have an enthusiasm for making new videos and new, silly ideas to make GB happy and fun again after the rough year it had after Ryan's passing. Someone to create new memes and gags. Someone hyper-focused on playing video games.

Dan has been that person and won me over right away. Jeff clearly saw this as well, how Dan would shore up GB's strengths, and made the right call. Now if we could only get more Vinny...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'll admit that he sometimes skirts the line between "funny" and "obnoxious" (especially on Twitter) but 90% of the time, Dan is as great as I expected him to be when he was hired.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys were getting really negative about stuff in general, video games and otherwise. Ryans passing started it so I didn't blame them for it but I was losing interest. Dan very quickly helped change that, his pure joy at the dumbest shit and not caring that he is pretty stupid sometimes really changed the feel of the site back to what I loved about it.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

@anupsis said:

The guys were getting really negative about stuff in general, video games and otherwise. Ryans passing started it so I didn't blame them for it but I was losing interest. Dan very quickly helped change that, his pure joy at the dumbest shit and not caring that he is pretty stupid sometimes really changed the feel of the site back to what I loved about it.

Dan is great to watch, and Brad's reactions to Dan's... erm... shall we say..."gaps" in his common knowledge and etiquette are priceless. I think you're right though. There was too much negativity for a while and Dan is a relentless nuclear reactor of positive. On balance he's a great addition.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Dan (and Jason) exceeded my expectations of new hires. So glad their on the team.