#1 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

I just had a really weird experience at my local game store. I walked in, browsed the shelves for a moment and saw this.

Due to the inordinate amount of time I spend on this website, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of exactly what games are coming out, but I'd literally never heard of this game until I spotted it on that shelf. So what the hell is it and is it any good? The back of box quotes compared it to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and it looked like there were Mass Effect style dialogue wheels and a focus on stealth.

Has anyone on here played it?

#2 Posted by Morningstar (2185 posts) -

I have not played it myself, but those I know who have say it's allright but nothing special. The skills seems a bit unbalanced, the graphics a little average and it feels like the sneaking parts of deus ex, whatever they mean by that =)

#3 Posted by washingmachine (103 posts) -

I played about the first hour, couldn't make it passed the first proper mission. Boring, clunky stealth rubbish.

#4 Posted by TobbRobb (4730 posts) -

Comparing it to Bloodlines is far and beyond the most interesting thing I've heard about this. Too bad it doesn't seem to live up to it.

Oh well.

#5 Posted by TheHT (11501 posts) -

vampire stealth action.

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

Comparing it to Bloodlines is far and beyond the most interesting thing I've heard about this. Too bad it doesn't seem to live up to it.

Oh well.

I think the only thing that compares is "Hey, vampires" and that's about it.
At least from what people are saying about the game.

#7 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Since you brought it up... I seen this game listed on IGN's upcoming releases a few weeks ago. GB isn't the best or even that good at keeping up with news (unless its major) combined with the site's huge reduction in activity since the new site went up... I'm not surprised a GB junkie missed something.

I've seen gameplay vids and yeah it does look dated and not all that 'awesome', it could still be a decent game. Watch the vids and decide.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

It ain't looking to good, seems more half-ass then anything. Most of their ideas has been done before in other vampire games, and done better.