Dark Souls best weapon (NG+ ONLY)

JReich087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JReich087

LETS HEAR IT! Trying to find the most bad-ass weapon in the game! First round weapons don't cut it anymore! I love the lifehunt scythe but it has it's flaws for sure. Whats your opinions? What are YOU using?!

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By YI_Orange

Quelaag's Furysword.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jozzy

Black Knight GreatAxe + 5, for strength based chars, Uchikatana + 15 for dexterity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not sure what you mean by "first round weapon." Certainly not non-boss weapons, 'cause many of those are great, and I've found Man-serpent Greatsword + 15 I used to be useful in NG+ for bosses still, because even though it's slower than my Fire Claymore plus 10, some enemies are resistant to fire, or any given element. Plus, I like saying I have the hardest Man-serpent there is.

If you mean for pvp, upgrade pretty much anything to the max and be cautious. As long as you're not letting yourself get backstabbed, you stand a decent chance, unless you're a mage. But a lot of people say there is no best weapon in this game, just whatever suits your playstyle. I tend to agree. Though for heavy weapons, claymores do tend to be great for pvp, as they're fairly fast, and definitely powerful.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
@YI_Orange said:

Quelaag's Furysword.

Yup.
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By PerryVandell

Uchkatana +15 fire damage. I am unstoppable with that blade.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By golguin

There are too many weapons that are Kiln worthy when fully maxed (or buffed with an item or spell) to pick just one. The idea is that weaker weapons are faster and stronger weapons are slower. I personally use a lightning uchi and heavy weapons wont touch me since I'm too fast and dodgy. The trade off is that I have to hit the dude with the BKGA a lot more times to kill him, while he only has to hit me 3-4 times. Fortunately for me the BKGA has enough openings to let me roll/flip through the attack into a backstab.

The more troublesome weapon for me to go up against is the Moonlight Blade (stun lock) or another Uchi with a spell buff.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McShank

@jozzy said:

Black Knight GreatAxe + 5, for strength based chars, Uchikatana + 15 for dexterity.

^^ im with this guy.. but I bounce between the great axe and the polearm depending on who im fighting and how i feel :D

tylerlike44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have tried a lot of weapon builds. The one I was most satisfied with was a strength build. I upgraded the man-serpent great sword up to +15 so it has A strength scaling. I was packing massive damage at about 40-45 strength. Plus this weapon has a decent move set and range…. plus its enchantable with standard reinforcement. So NG+ I had sunlight blade with this…. I was a slayer.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By afabs515

I'm gonna have to cast my vote on Queelag's Furysword. That thing was just awesome.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the moveset on my +15 Balder Side Sword, and at 40 dex with Crystal Magic Weapon enabled it does huge damage. One enemy whiff and I unload a strong-weak-weak combo and - unless they're a boss - they're dead.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@mcshank said:

@jozzy said:

^^ im with this guy.. but I bounce between the great axe and the polearm depending on who im fighting and how i feel :D

Yup, for Str the Gargoyle's Halberd is also great and for Dex, the Greatscythe is great too. There are plenty of top 10s on Youtube, I think this one is fairly well thought out;

Loading Video...

All in all, there is no REAL "best weapon", but those mentioned above are great options.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Cestus, Dragonbone Fist, or Kirk's armor

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekiel

My preferences:

Dexterity - Uchigatana, Scythe, Black Bow of Pharis, Winged Spear, Chaos Blade, Estoc, Silver Knight Sword, Gold Tracer (as a secondary), Gargoyle's Halbert

Str + Dex - Longsword, Composite Bow, Bastard Sword

Magic - Moonlight Greatsword

CCCC - Cursed Greatsword of Artorias

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

Am I to believe my +15 Butcher Knife will not be up to snuffing in NG+? ;__;

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

In Demon's my favorite weapon was Bramd, and in Dark it's either the claymore or great club. Mostly because playing with barely any armor and a gigantic fucking hammer is hysterical to me, and I tend to like the movesets for boss fights.

As long as you max out a weapon and know the moveset, you can do fine in PvE and PvP.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strangestories

For my sorcerers I always use Velka's Rapier +5. It has equal range to the estoc (which is slower than a normal rapier) but it's as fast as a normal rapier (which has a shorter range than the estoc). It has a B scale with intelligence and a C with dexterity. Its base physical damage is 93 and magic is 156. It does a huge amount of damage for a poking weapon and I love its move set soooooooo much. The only downside (if you can call it one) is that you can't enchant it but that just means an extra spell slot. Any time I play a sorcerer ends up being a rush to get to the painted world because of that weapon.

I'd like to use the Moonlight Greatsword sometime but it's a pain in the butt to get solo.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No love for Grant? Grant. Grant, motherfuckers!

Roxasthirteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightning Zweihander.

That's all you need.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

Black Knight Greataxe. It's freakin' sweet. Especially if your strength is really high.

That greatsword you get with Gwyn's soul is pretty alright too.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For my sorcerers I always use Velka's Rapier +5. It has equal range to the estoc (which is slower than a normal rapier) but it's as fast as a normal rapier (which has a shorter range than the estoc). It has a B scale with intelligence and a C with dexterity. Its base physical damage is 93 and magic is 156. It does a huge amount of damage for a poking weapon and I love its move set soooooooo much. The only downside (if you can call it one) is that you can't enchant it but that just means an extra spell slot. Any time I play a sorcerer ends up being a rush to get to the painted world because of that weapon.

I'd like to use the Moonlight Greatsword sometime but it's a pain in the butt to get solo.

I wanted to make a Velka's Rapier build, but never got around to it. This has peaked my interest. I'm going to make another character and get to the sword as fast as possible.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Black Knight Greataxe. It's freakin' sweet. Especially if your strength is really high.

BK G Axe is probably the best weapon in the game. It has such an incredibly diverse moveset, the damage is spectacular, and it scales really well with upgrades. Plus it looks fucking outstanding.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

If you're DEX build, scythe and uchigatana are the best weapons. Eagle shield is the best shield.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Aegon

I like going with the coolest looking weapons.

Obsidian Greatsword. In fact, Vinny should get it and upgrade it. If I'm not mistaken it does more damage than the man-serpent?

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

I like going with the coolest looking weapons.

Obsidian Greatsword. In fact, Vinny should get it and upgrade it. If I'm not mistaken it does more damage than the man-serpent?

I don't think it does? I can't be sure. Man-serpent has around 600 damage with 40 strength so the Obsidian Greatsword might be better if you don't have that much. Both can be enchanted too. The only reason you might take the Obsidian Greatsword over Man-serpent is because of its R2 attack.
I've tried cutting off Kalameet's tail but it seems to be incredibly difficult if you don't have someone keeping his attention.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mormonwarrior said:

BK G Axe is probably the best weapon in the game. It has such an incredibly diverse moveset, the damage is spectacular, and it scales really well with upgrades. Plus it looks fucking outstanding.

Definitely recommend this. Been using it to replace the Gargoyle Halberd and it's been amazing. Upgraded fully to 613 damage and no other weapon I've come across so far has even topped 600.

Strangestories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strangestories

@ezekiel: It doesn't shine until you've upgraded it completely and have high intelligence so just a heads up if it's not great when you first get it. Also, have a backup weapon for enemies with high magic resistance. A fire weapon is probably best.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By bushpusherr

If you are playing strength build BK Great Axe is indeed awesome, and I played quite bit with it. However, the Demon Great Axe is better. It follows a normal weapons upgrade path so it's a lot more diverse in terms of build that you want, and if you take it to +15 it has an S scale for strength. Base damage might be lower than BKGA, but with S scaling for strength its higher (650+ with STR >= 46, 700+ as crystal weapon).

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gunstar

No +5 chaos zweihander answer? Well, what is it? Are you all fucking casuals?

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@gunstar said:

I don't know what you mean by casual, but if you want to come over later, I will lay out a picnic basket and we can eat bread and cheese and have wine together.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayzilla said:

@gunstar said:

I don't know what you mean by casual, but if you want to come over later, I will lay out a picnic basket and we can eat bread and cheese and have wine together.

I should probably append my original post but I'd like it to stand how it is. In not joking answers: I think a lightning katana or the lifehunt scythe might be the best weapons in the game.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstar said:

I use one as a backup for a character whose primary is a longsword. I'm not all that fond of the fire effect and the sluggishness, though. More importantly, it doesn't look cool.

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

@gunstar said:

I use one as a backup for a character whose primary is a longsword. I'm not all that fond of the fire effect and the sluggishness, though. More importantly, it doesn't look cool.

Since no one seems to understand, I present to you:

Loading Video...