DSFix framerate unlock problem

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As soon as i turn on this feature the game crashes. I've tried disabling the DAP but nothing happens... Btw if you are wondering i am using the latest version of dsfix (2.2). Any help pls?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently fixed this problem. There are multiple reasons it might happen, but here's what I did:

Disable DSfix. Can't remember if you have to delete it or what. Start Dark Souls. Turn off AA. Make sure it saved. Close the game. Reinstall/turn on DSFix and try again.

Might not work, but keep trying. You'll figure out what's wrong eventually and the smooth 60 is sooooo worth it.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I recently fixed this problem. There are multiple reasons it might happen, but here's what I did:

Disable DSfix. Can't remember if you have to delete it or what. Start Dark Souls. Turn off AA. Make sure it saved. Close the game. Reinstall/turn on DSFix and try again.

Might not work, but keep trying. You'll figure out what's wrong eventually and the smooth 60 is sooooo worth it.

Double this! I had the same problem back in my day and, while it says to do just this before using DSfix, I still somehow managed to not do it. So yes try this if you haven't.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tried it, didn't work it still crashes

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By development

@raspharus: Damn. It's worth fiddling with other settings and to keep googling, though. Maybe try lower resolutions, making sure the upscaling is configured correctly (if you're using it at all), try windowed mode or fullscreen mode, try turning off DSFix's AA, etc.