Easiest way to enter Lost Izalith?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm about to go to Lost Izalith, is it easier to go through the Centipede Demon way (I've already killed it) or the Chaos covenant way (I've already opened it)?

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dross: The regular way has a lot of lava (with monsters in it), but the Chaos path has no lava. The only warning about the Chaos path is that there is a Titanite Demon in the middle of a bridge that can knock you off to your doom if your not careful.

Also if you take the Chaos path and kill all of the little bugs down there before you kill the Bed of Chaos you can finish Solaire's quest, and he can thus help you with the final boss. That's if you want to do that of course.

Hope that helps you in some way. Good luck with The Bed Of Chaos (I hate that damed boss).

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I say go with the dragon butts. They're not as scary as they look

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The dragon legs at the lava don't aggro (with a few notable exceptions) but you can easily outrun them even if they chase you. It's not that hard. Just remember to have that ring equipped so you don't take fire damage. If you don't want to deal with those enemies just take the Chaos shortcut and it gives you a chance to farm some Demon Titanite on the bridge on your way to the Bed of Chaos.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clonedzero

If you already have the short cut open might as well i guess? I've never used it. I've always found izaleth to be the easiest of the 4 late game bosses zones to get through.

Hell after Anor Lando i think the game got alot easier in general, but maybe thats just me.

Either way you go you should be ok, Izaleth should be a cakewake aside from the poorly designed boss.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By mosespippy

I found the covenant way to be the easiest and the shortest. Hell, I didn't even see the lava way until I came around from the other side and I still didn't have the ring.

The dragon legs at the lava don't aggro (with a few notable exceptions) but you can easily outrun them even if they chase you. It's not that hard. Just remember to have that ring equipped so you don't take fire damage. If you don't want to deal with those enemies just take the Chaos shortcut and it gives you a chance to farm some Demon Titanite on the bridge on your way to the Bed of Chaos.

It should be noted that while you don't take fire damage using the ring, your equipment still does, so you'll need to repair it at a bonfire or blacksmith.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I found the covenant way to be the easiest and the shortest. Hell, I didn't even see the lava way until I came around from the other side and I still didn't have the ring.

@probablytuna said:

It should be noted that while you don't take fire damage using the ring, your equipment still does, so you'll need to repair it at a bonfire or blacksmith.

Yeah but the repairs costs so little and I doubt it takes away a whole lot. I don't remember having any of my equipment taking damage to the point that it started breaking while I was there.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the shortcut is worth it unless you want the covenant reward. It's too expensive and tedious to unlock, since you can't feed all thirty humanities at once. I find the regular path easy.

ibaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ibaq

If the chaos is already opened its a pretty easier and quick sprint to the boss. That's the route I went with when trying to finish the boss.

chkdsk1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I don't think the shortcut is worth it unless you want the covenant reward. It's too expensive and tedious to unlock, since you can't feed all thirty humanities at once. I find the regular path easy.

I agree, it's not worth speding 30 humanities for that.

You can always go for the normal route, stop at the "secret" bonfire and unlock the shortcut from the other way in case you want to farm demon titanites from the faceless dude.

The lava itself isn't a big deal with the orange charred ring aside from the annoying brightness and sound :|

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on if you want to do the Solaire side story. One path lets you potentially save him while the other dooms him.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ezekiel

It really depends on if you want to do the Solaire side story. One path lets you potentially save him while the other dooms him.

His doom is the better ending in my opinion. You also get his gear.

chkdsk1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did his quest once and summoned him for Gwyn, he was completely useless. :/