Favourite Boss Fight?

• 62 results
development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ornstein and Smough ... the music and the place and all makes it an awesome battle also Artorias of the Abyss. Hated the 4 kings

No Caption Provided

I also hate the 4 Kings. I've fought them probably 50 times, and they're just a terribly unbalanced boss battle. I'd say 4 Kings is the 3rd worst boss.

I feel it's pretty unanimous that the Bed of Chaos is most people's least favorite. Second worst, for me, goes to Gwyndolin, with his 3 predictable, easily dodged attacks.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I really loved the design of Sif and the Sanctuary Guardian. Both fights were fairly easy but they looked super cool!

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Manus is probably one of the most intense bosses I've ever done in a game, especially alone. Artorias and Kalameet are pretty cool too. In the main game I think Smough and Ornstein are my favorite, the four kings is also pretty terrifying the first time as well. Priscilla is also a pretty interesting boss fight.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671 said:

@sinusoidal said:

@tobbrobb said:

Artorias is basically the best fight in the game. I think Kalameet is cool in a similar way too, but still gets beaten out by the 1v1 manfight with the Abysswalker.

If we are talking bosses that aren't from the DLC, then probably Sif.

Yeah, Sif was awesome too. I felt fucking terrible when he started limping around all wounded and shit.

If you felt bad doing that, I hope you never have to face Maiden Astraea from Demon's Souls.

Meh, she just offed herself after I whacked Vinland. Her decision.

Really? It didn't bother you that you more-or-less forced her hand by killing her only friend and guardian when all she was trying to do was console a pit full of aborted fetuses?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Still haven't played the Artorias expansion :( but I had a lot of fun Ornstein and Smough, once I finally figured out how to beat them. I do think that the Penetrator and Old King Allant from the first game were pretty fun too.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal said:

@spoonman671 said:

@sinusoidal said:

@tobbrobb said:

Artorias is basically the best fight in the game. I think Kalameet is cool in a similar way too, but still gets beaten out by the 1v1 manfight with the Abysswalker.

If we are talking bosses that aren't from the DLC, then probably Sif.

Yeah, Sif was awesome too. I felt fucking terrible when he started limping around all wounded and shit.

If you felt bad doing that, I hope you never have to face Maiden Astraea from Demon's Souls.

Meh, she just offed herself after I whacked Vinland. Her decision.

Really? It didn't bother you that you more-or-less forced her hand by killing her only friend and guardian when all she was trying to do was console a pit full of aborted fetuses?

As I understand it, she is responsible for the poison swamp. She can burn in hell with the aborted fetuses.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

They're either menacing and difficult or overly easy. I can't think of a favorite at this moment. I hated Artorias the first time I tried because I was a heavy melee/pyromancer build on new game plus and he was way too cheap at that point. I've beaten him since but man...I like the visual design of the bosses but don't necessarily love fighting them.

I've beaten the game like five or six times, for reference. And I have all the achievements. Just can't think of a "best" boss though. They're usually harrowing and stressful so I don't necessarily love fighting them.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By yinstarrunner

My favorite bosses are surprisingly the ones that I died to the most.

Ornstein and Smough because the real Dark Souls starts there. Holy shit. These two motherfuckers caused me to take a hiatus a few weeks after the 360 version came out and I didn't get back into it until the PC version was released. I think it only took me a couple of tries when I came back. Suckers.

Artorias because of reasons that have been said in this thread. Fighting him with my Rapier build was a NIGHTMARE, because I couldn't manage to hit him out of his charge up attack. I refused to give up, although it did make me take a few weeks of time off from the game. And then I came back with a vengeance. That fight was a thing of beauty; the peak of intensity in one of the most intense games I've played in the past few years.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@aetheldod said:

Ornstein and Smough ... the music and the place and all makes it an awesome battle also Artorias of the Abyss. Hated the 4 kings

No Caption Provided

I also hate the 4 Kings. I've fought them probably 50 times, and they're just a terribly unbalanced boss battle. I'd say 4 Kings is the 3rd worst boss.

I feel it's pretty unanimous that the Bed of Chaos is most people's least favorite. Second worst, for me, goes to Gwyndolin, with his 3 predictable, easily dodged attacks.

While it's not amazingly designed, i think that Gwyndolin was intentionally predictable and easy. I mean, everything is falling around him. The illusions are fading along with the flame. Everyone has left him and you rip away the illusion hiding the sad truth. He is desperate. He is weak. He is blinded by anger and sadness and is acting mindlessly and recklessly. It really gave it a good touch of the game's theme. But man, I really disliked Bed of Chaos. It was just poorly designed, it had a lot of potential too.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By development
Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@development said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you say that? Because you disobey him and trespass on his father's memorial? I guess that'd make sense. Never considered it.

This is all gonna be spoiler block!

So, Gwydolin is Lord Gwyn's youngest son. He was born with an affinity to the moon, resulting in him being raised as a female because it's a feminine trait. Before kindling the first flame, becoming the Lord of Cinder, Gwyn bestows Gwydolin the responsibility to rule Anor Londo. The flame starts to fade, his sister Gwynevere leaves him and Anor Londo. He's all alone, but the light is fading. He is a master of illusion, so to hide and deny the age of light dying out, he creates illusions of the sun, his sister, and the guardian sentinels. You "Kill" the illusion of Gwynevere, you sabotage the illusion. You disobeyed Gwydolin, you tore down his illusions and made him confront that everyone left him.

That would make me pretty sad and angry!

Edit! It was Before the kindling, not after.