• 66 results
Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) 8 months, 16 days ago

Poll: HOW HYPE WAS V-BOMB vs. ARTORIAS!? (372 votes)

pretty damn hype 79%
eh, not so hype 2%
somewhere in the middle? 7%
[show me the results/other/giantdad] 12%

For those who didn't catch it yesterday:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/load-our-last-souls-part-07/2300-8215/

The first 23 minutes or so is Vinny flailing about before finally beginning his highly-anticipated hour-long struggle against Artorias, so click ahead if you don't want to watch Vinny aggro an entire forest and nearly kill another NPC.

There were highs...

There were lows...

There was V-Bomb screaming "I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU" repeatedly...

...But was there hype?

DECIDE

#1 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

Premium...

I gotta get me a credit card even though I long, long ago told myself I'd never have another.

#2 Posted by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

It was pretty incredible.

#3 Edited by TobbRobb (4581 posts) -

Vinny surprised me in more way that one. That was fun.

#4 Edited by JustKamToo (664 posts) -

@sinusoidal: I have one but only use it for GB and big purchases (better cover) just make sure you call the CC company to limit your credit (nothing crazy) making sure they don't ever increase it without your permission and just don't get into the habit of using it.

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1395 posts) -

I pretty much knew he was going to begin healing through all that damage after he started dying a bunch. He did a pretty good job a dodging those attacks but those flasks pretty much saved his life. If he had only 15 flasks I doubt he'd have beat him.

#6 Posted by Rafaelfc (1317 posts) -

In a year full of amazing content from Giant Bomb, this was easily the best.

"One more...!!!"

#7 Posted by Humanity (8841 posts) -

That end fight? Man, I was on the edge of my seat!

When Vinny managed to cancel out his charge literally 2 frames before it burst and yelled "I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!" I was dyin'

Vinny is an amazing entertainer and a treat to watch.

#8 Edited by AMyggen (2587 posts) -

The last ten minutes of that live stream was some of the best content GB has ever done. Not on the #Teambrad level of insanity, but close.

#9 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

@sinusoidal: I have one but only use it for GB and big purchases (better cover) just make sure you call the CC company to limit your credit (nothing crazy) making sure they don't ever increase it without your permission and just don't get into the habit of using it.

It's not so much that I'll abuse it as it is that I just don't like the big credit companies' practices: Give out credit like candy and charge huge interest rates. I haven't had one for over ten years now. Maybe I'll try to connect my bank account (I live in Korea) to Paypal again, a friend of mine recently told me they were more Korean bank friendly these days.

#10 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@tobbrobb said:

Vinny surprised me in more way that one. That was fun.

Totally the same here, he was immediately on the ball with Artorias' tells and it was pretty clear he was approaching the fight with the right attitude. Even what he said during the stream was in line with what everyone else says about Artorias, in that the fight "feels fair".

#11 Edited by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@amyggen said:

The last ten minutes of that live stream was some of the best content GB has ever done. Not on the #Teambrad level of insanity, but close.

God dammit, that was when I made myself go to bed.

#12 Posted by MEATBALL (3078 posts) -

It was fantastic, I enjoyed watching every attempt to be honest and that last fight was just so damn gripping. It was literally white-knuckle stuff for me. Really cool bossfight.

Best episode of Load Our Last Souls yet.

#13 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

The "I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU" had my crying with laughter. Goddamn that was a fun fight

#14 Posted by Gatehouse (581 posts) -
@humanity said:

That end fight? Man, I was on the edge of my seat!

When Vinny managed to cancel out his charge literally 2 frames before it burst and yelled "I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!" I was dyin'

Vinny is an amazing entertainer and a treat to watch.

Could not have put it better myself, that yell had me in a ball of laughter and that final moment of victory was amazing.

#15 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2495 posts) -

That fight was SO HYPE.

#16 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

All Hype, no salt!

"I had to try!"

#17 Posted by billymagnum (729 posts) -

not sure about the usage of the word hype in this context....was not aware something could in fact be hype.

#18 Posted by CoinMatze (470 posts) -

That last run was just perfect. And then when Vinny got cocky at about 20% of Artorias health with 4 Estus left... That was the butt clenchingest!

#19 Edited by Humanity (8841 posts) -

I just hope someone makes a BEST OF video with all the best moments composed into one long video.

Please? All of you video editing doods out there, please make this happen!

#20 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

I threw my fist in the air to celebrate his magnificent victory.

#21 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

I joined the stream with about 5 minutes left of it. Immediately I noticed how Vinny's roll game had improved and was hyped to see him take the demon down on the "last" attempt. I had no idea he had already spent an hour fighting him

#22 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

@humanity said:

I just hope someone makes a BEST OF video with all the best moments composed into one long video.

@turboman has you covered

#23 Posted by Humanity (8841 posts) -

@humanity said:

Is something in the works or is Turboman a known quantity?

#24 Edited by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

"I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!" Nuff said.

#25 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5260 posts) -

It was pretty epic.

#26 Posted by Gatehouse (581 posts) -

It was pretty epic.

Really wish I was there to see it live.....

#27 Edited by Ramone (2960 posts) -

I fist pumped as much as I do when I beat a boss on Dark Souls. It was pretty fucking awesome.

#28 Edited by TurboMan (7417 posts) -

@humanity said:

@dudeglove said:
@humanity said:

Is something in the works or is Turboman a known quantity?

my current plans: do a best of video for each of the console launch streams for the rest of November and then get all of the Dark Souls videos out during Christmas time

#29 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

All the hype. That was a perfect end to the stream. The few deaths before that Rorie wanted to end on would have fit too, but after a whole hour of trying it would have been a lesser episode. V-Bomb killed it.

#30 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
#31 Posted by pyrodactyl (1890 posts) -

@turboman: you should wait until they're done. I guess it will take about 4 more episodes at least for that to happen

#32 Posted by SlashDance (1806 posts) -

It was Vinny's "Mile High Club" moment.

#33 Edited by ch3burashka (5017 posts) -

I go back and forth between becoming a member - on the one hand, I don't really have the time to watch everything they make. On the other, watching clips on Youtube suggests I'm missing out on a shit ton of awesomeness.

Tangentially, did they stop interacting with the GS crew? It was a divisive decision, based on community response, but I liked it.

#34 Posted by Gatehouse (581 posts) -

@ch3burashka said:

I go back and forth between becoming a member - on the one hand, I don't really have the time to watch everything they make. On the other, watching clips on Youtube suggests I'm missing out on a shit ton of awesomeness.

Tangentially, did they stop interacting with the GS crew? It was a divisive decision, based on community response, but I liked it.

I'm right with you on the 'not having time' thing, but I think the content they put out for Premium members is fantastic. This series alone was worth the fee for this year for me.

#35 Edited by TopSteer (640 posts) -

@ch3burashka: I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any Gamespot crossover in a long time now, probably since that Wednesday show they stopped doing after a few weeks. I'm with you though, I liked that stuff, it's more content and the GS crew seemed to fit in fine with Giant Bomb.

#36 Posted by TheBlue (316 posts) -

I don't even play dark souls but I didn't even blink through those last couple tries.

#37 Posted by TheHT (10916 posts) -

SO HYPE.

I think @rorie was actually the most excited.

#38 Posted by Edmundus (260 posts) -

Not only was I on the edge of my seat, I was wincing at every whiffed attack, and shuddering every time Vinny was hit! I imagine this is how sports fans feel when their team is in the last few minutes of a close game?

Can't wait for the next episode.

#39 Posted by development (2091 posts) -

I have a suspicion that some of the upcoming sorcerers will prove too cheap for Vinny, and I think they do more damage if you're wearing heavy armor... or something. Anyway, the next area is fucking tough for someone who only plays once a week; it'll be interesting.

#40 Posted by Hunkulese (2652 posts) -

Using credit cards for every purchase no matter how small is great. Just don't be an idiot and spend money you don't have. I got a Wii U and PS4 from credit card points this year.

#41 Posted by hippocrit (237 posts) -

@topsteer said:

@ch3burashka: I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any Gamespot crossover in a long time now, probably since that Wednesday show they stopped doing after a few weeks. I'm with you though, I liked that stuff, it's more content and the GS crew seemed to fit in fine with Giant Bomb.

I have a feeling some crossover will come back. The new GS site has a GB teaser on it, and the engineering team will be updating the GB site with some of the GS improvements. Also, during the Extra Life marathon they were wondering out loud when Danny O'Dwyer would was coming back, so maybe they'll find another banger like Bioforge to play through.

Man, between Dark Souls and Bioforge, V-Bomb has cranked out some quality this year.

#42 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (752 posts) -

This is why there will never be a Breaking Vinny. Vinny don't break, son.

#43 Posted by ILikePopCans (746 posts) -

When I came in on the steam, there was about 10 mins left and I thought it was just starting. I thought it was weird why everyone was so excited, but I still join in the hype and the never ending chat rainfall.

#44 Posted by Brackynews (4046 posts) -

boosh, I say.

boosh.

#45 Posted by csl316 (8157 posts) -

That final battle was the stuff of legend. So much drama.

"I'll fucking kill you!!!!!"

#46 Edited by pyrodactyl (1890 posts) -

@topsteer said:

I have a feeling some crossover will come back. The new GS site has a GB teaser on it, and the engineering team will be updating the GB site with some of the GS improvements. Also, during the Extra Life marathon they were wondering out loud when Danny O'Dwyer would was coming back, so maybe they'll find another banger like Bioforge to play through.

Man, between Dark Souls and Bioforge, V-Bomb has cranked out some quality this year.

I'm sure Danny will come by once in a while for a live stream or something now that he's living in SF. Backfliping in Bioforge got way better with his distinguished European insight.

#47 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (337 posts) -

HELLA HYPE SON

#48 Edited by wjb (1639 posts) -

So is the end all that's left? Or is there still more exploring to do, side content-wise?

#49 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2089 posts) -

@wjb: two more bosses left to do for the DLC, then it's a home run from there. They should be done for Christmas.

#50 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

@wjb: He still has a bit of exploring to do and 2 bosses to defeat, one being optional. Then it's off to fight the final boss of the main game.