#1 Edited by Aegon (5641 posts) -

So all you masochists out there are probably super excited.

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

HELL YEAH!!!!!

#3 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Sweet; cant wait as I only recently finished Dark Souls

#4 Edited by Kerned (1170 posts) -

Very excited, yes!

#5 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

I love me some "Dark Should."

#6 Posted by Commander_Crichton (156 posts) -

Imminent excitement!

#7 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

This is a fucking great thing!

#8 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I want this game. I want it inside of me. I want to sit on it naked.

#9 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Sweet cant wait to see this.

#10 Posted by Boiglenoight (537 posts) -

I just started the first one, having abandoned Demon's Souls thinking it's probably inferior. So far though, Dark Souls plays almost exactly like Demon's Souls.

#11 Posted by kishinfoulux (2311 posts) -

I'll wait for it to hit youtube. Sorry IGN. ^_^

#12 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

Praise the Sun!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I just came

#14 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

"12 minute gameplay"

5 of those being deaths. Still nice to see some actual gameplay.

#15 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Ow yes!

#16 Posted by golguin (3929 posts) -

I'm pretty hyped about that. Now we'll know if it's really been made more "accessible" or however they phrased it.

#17 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

This game isn't going to play any differently than either Dark Souls or Demon's Souls.

#18 Edited by NightOnyx (26 posts) -

Can't wait! Also, while I'm not a huge fan of IGN, I do love Casey Lynch and his love for Dark Souls. I remember him doing that 24 hour live stream before it came out, as well as writing numerous articles praising it. So it's nice to see he still has that excitement and I would love to see him do another 24 hour live stream for DS2.

#19 Edited by Humanity (9269 posts) -

I remember being really excited for Dark Souls after Demons Souls. Now I'm curious but it's just not the same level of excitement.

#20 Edited by Commander_Crichton (156 posts) -

Here's the screenshot posted along with the tweet.

#21 Edited by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

I would like to play this game franchise but i am too scared of the game play, the story and setting/gameplay ideas seem really cool .

#22 Posted by jclane (337 posts) -

This game isn't going to play any differently than either Dark Souls or Demon's Souls.

And I would not have it any other way.

#23 Posted by Tackchevy (264 posts) -

Watch out for sticky white stuff!

#24 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I would like to play this game franchise but i am too scared of the game play, the story and setting/gameplay ideas seem really cool .

dont be scared !

#25 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

If only I could be so grossly incandescent

AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#26 Edited by zels (207 posts) -

@commander_crichton said:

Hmmm... a bonfire - does the game follow the Link the Fire ending, is it a prequel or does it follow the other ending, just right after?

#27 Edited by golguin (3929 posts) -

@zels said:

Hmmm... a bonfire - does the game follow the Link the Fire ending, is it a prequel or does it follow the other ending, just right after?

It can be both. Time is distorted in Lordran right? Who knows when our actions there have an effect on the world. Maybe both outcomes will be represented since the game fiction confirms that multiple stories are happening at the same time.

You know, like a multiverse.

#28 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

The story is "we don't give a fuck we just made a new souls game cuz they're fuckin' rad as hell"

#29 Posted by zels (207 posts) -

@golguin said:

@zels said:

It can be both. Time is distorted in Lordran right? Who knows when our actions there have an effect on the world. Maybe both outcomes will be represented since the game fiction confirms that multiple stories are happening at the same time.

You know, like a multiverse.

I assumed that time disortion had something to do with the Flames fading. Also, I can't see how they could combine the two, they're kind of in direct opposition.

I still hope that they go with the dark ening, it sets things up much more nicely.

#30 Edited by altairre (1192 posts) -

I'll watch that with the same curiosity I had towards the first two. If it's basically the same thing I'll walk away while being glad that the people who like those games get another one. If they changed it enough that I would want to play it then there is one more game to look forward to. Either way is fine with me.

#31 Posted by tyler1285 (177 posts) -
#32 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

I remember people saying that the graphics in the game wasn't far off from the CG trailer that premiered the game, but this looks almost identical to the first game.

#33 Posted by ElixirBronze (427 posts) -

Well this day just became a little bit more awesome.

#34 Posted by blogpostnogood (270 posts) -

half of /v/ walking around with full on erections tomorrow. How can you not see this is the best combat of our generation?

#35 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

A legitimately good reason to visit IGN.

#36 Posted by Commander_Crichton (156 posts) -

Dark Souls really isn't the incredibly difficult and unfair game that it's made out to be. It can indeed be very challenging but that's all just part of the fun. I'm pretty terrible at most games and yet somehow managed to beat it twice. You should definitely try it out and engage in some jolly cooperation.

#37 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5488 posts) -

Hype train motherfuckers! Playing Dragon's Dogma on "hard" meanwhile; not too bad sort of a cross between Skyrim and Dark Souls; inferior to Dark Souls but not really that much worse than Skyrim.

Bring on the awesome trailers

#38 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5515 posts) -

Fuck Yeah!!! Be wary of Awesomeness!

#39 Posted by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

Praise the sun!

#40 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4678 posts) -

I really like Dark Souls. It is probably the best game of the gen. I doubt they can capture that magic again. Merely making a similar game will not leave such an impact. Curious what they do with it.

#41 Edited by MentalDisruption (1635 posts) -

Praise the sun! Not sure if this will be as good as Dark Souls, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out.

#42 Posted by FierceDeity (358 posts) -

I really like Dark Souls. It is probably the best game of the gen. I doubt they can capture that magic again. Merely making a similar game will not leave such an impact. Curious what they do with it.

But aren't 2's supposed to always be the best? :D

#43 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

If only I could be so grossly incandescent

AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PRAISE THE SUUNNNNN

Hopefully they give us a release date also, I'm sure it'll be later this year as per usual though.

#44 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

\[T]/

#45 Edited by Aegon (5641 posts) -
#46 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@jclane said:

@jjweatherman said:

And I would not have it any other way.

Agreed. Just pointing that out. People seem really excited.

#47 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (955 posts) -

In Dark Souls 2 you get to play as four different undead characters including Solaire and if you pick Solaire he can float.

#48 Posted by tourgen (4502 posts) -

can't wait. so happy they are making more

#49 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -
#50 Posted by TruthTellah (9116 posts) -

Bring it on, Dark Souls II!