Amazing Dark Souls 2 interview

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Repost of the previous ill-named thread; this shit is incredible. I literally am sitting here agonizing until the game comes out, and turns out Yurt 2.0 or Patches 3.0 is right there with me.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#2 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Wait, what happened to the coffin sex-change boat topic?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@sgtsphynx said:

Wait, what happened to the coffin sex-change boat topic?

I would also like to know. I assumed it had something to do with the title or whatever. Maybe it was still considered a spoiler by the forum rules? Ordinarily it would get edited by the mods, but that's not an option for the time being on the account of the site's... stability issues.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JZ

@yummylee: people shut it down because it was spoiler. Guess they didn't want to grow up like I suggested.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@jz: I would ordinarily consider it an unfair deletion on the account that it was information found from an official interview. However, even Peter was a little iffy on explaining what had happened, and his enthusiasm is what most likely took over in his excitement to explain such a peculiar series of events. The fact that it's technically 'hidden', by virtue of the prompt being ''examine'', means that the developers obviously want players to be surprised by the results. After all, because of the Souls series' vague narratives, mechanics and actual gameplay hijinks are more accountable as spoilers than story stuff.

And of course most importantly, this was a voice actor laying out the information and not a PR guy or developer or anything like that, speaking with a lady from Sony (I gather anywhoo), again, rather than a developer. I'm not surprised to see that it was deleted anyway, even if I personally (nor many other users in the thread) wasn't too bothered by the revelation.

It's probably worth having a spoiler notice in the OP of this thread, too... just to be safe.

Also, Knight Lautrec of Carim is Yurt 2.0.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lautrec sort of has his own thing; I'd say he's almost closer to Mephistopheles than Yurt but doesn't really settle on either side. He does help you fight Gaping Dragon after all, and we all know how great the AI is for that fight.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karkarov

Meh Lautrec is like Diet Yurt Light. He only kills 1 NPC, and you can get that NPC back. Like Chuck says he even helps in one fight. Yurt kills basically everyone, doesn't feel bad about it, there is no getting them back, and he sure doesn't lift a finger to help you ... even in an incompetent almost detrimental way like Lautrec.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, he's not as detrimental as Yurt... but he uses the same weapon, and like Yurt he is first encountered locked away, with you having the choice to free him or not. He was very clearly designed as the spiritual successor to Yurt.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aegon

Damn, this guy REALLY loves Dark Souls. It's surprising because you'd think this kind of passion for games would be more present in later generations. Very cool to hear him geek out about the game. If more celebrities were this open about what they're passionate about they'd be a lot more interesting to listen to.

Wait, this guy was Darth Maul? Ha.

Also, I kind of get what he means when he says he thinks of Dark Souls in bed. When you have trouble sleeping you think of something comforting and familiar to you so your mind can rest.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: Darth Maul's voice, for those numerous lines.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Sterling

I can't wait for this game. I don't think I have ever been this excited for a video game in my life.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TruthTellah

This is hilarious, and I hope there are a lot of weird little things like this in the game.

Stuff like this really gave the original so much charm. Same with Demon's Souls.

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PolyesterKyle

There's something very surreal about hearing a celebrity speak his thoughts about a more niche video game like this, he nails every single aspect that I appreciate about the game too, he's a really serious fan. I'm so glad for him to be able to work on the game, it sounds like a dream project for him (quite literally since he mentions he dreams about the game!). And it's comforting as a fan of the series and as a fan of media in general that, more often than I think, there are people involved with projects that they really genuinely care about, because it truly shows in the finished product. Really really looking forward to the game and really looking forward to hearing Pete dick me over in video game form!

Edit: Not that it's really that "niche", but it takes a special kind of player to appreciate a game like this. It doesn't permeate our culture as a whole like some series do.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By gatehouse

Peter Serafinowicz is a ridiculously massive fan of Dark Souls and has long banged on about it on the twitters. Heck, you can even buy the game off his official website, which is kind of crazy. I'm so glad that he's involved with Dark Souls 2 and still seems super excited about it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Amazing interview. You can clearly see that he gets the game and knows why it's such a great series.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By soldierg654342

All I know is that the first motherfucker I see with a Shotel is getting dead. Fool me once, shame on you...

Knowing From, it'll probably be a super important shopkeeper this time.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That was a very nice interview.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Wow man, this game looks amazing. From is operating on another level.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By jiggajoe14

I can't control the damn hype in me for this game. I NEED it now more than anything.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18 days!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What a nice interview. Very relaxed.

I was skeptical at first, but I feel as though the hype has finally sunk in. I need this game.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sterling

It looks so much better than the first game. The cleaner menus and how the menu is displayed while resting at a bonfire is so much better.

I also put in my vacation request at work yesterday for that week (how sad am I)! Come on March 11th!

Also I hope I can play this with the DS4.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im falling in love with this guy. I feel like the host is starting to find it creepy when he started talking about finding peace in the solitude and desolation of the world of Dark Souls, which was quite funny. I'm not sure if it's a character he's playing or is he absolutely obsessed.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fredchuckdave