Avatar image for purpleeggshells
purpleeggshells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By purpleeggshells

Are invasions working? I have never been invaded, I don't know anyone who has been invaded.

I have tried using cracked red eye orbs as a human, it says no worlds found before The "searching for worlds to invade" comes up, same with blue eye orbs (am in the blue sentinels covenant).

Just wondering if something is broken, summoning works fine. In fact, I've yet to wait more than 20 seconds to be summoned when putting down my sign, so it definitely isn't my game not connecting to servers!

Any one else with the same experience?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Invasions work, Cracked Red Eye orbs are relatively scarce though. I have invaded and been invaded about 3 times each over the course of 90+ hours; though there's plenty of other ways to PvP if you want it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefinaltardis: I have invaded using red eyes orbs and have worked great but somehow after a while is says im disconected from the multilayer servers , yet bloodstain and messages still appear. I think is is still first week release woes server side.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ElixirBronze

I haven't been invaded yet either, ~10 hours in. I'm in the blue sentinels as well.

EDIT: My mistake, I meant to say Way of Blue covenant, not sure if they're the same.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi

Its not broken but I think you'll see less of it. Cracked Red Eye orbs are sort of a limited resource. I've seen some ref soap stone signs though. I've summoned a few red phantoms and kicked their asses when I feel the need. I find them next to the 2nd Huntsman Copse bonfire quite often.

Avatar image for purpleeggshells
purpleeggshells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@elixirbronze: my understanding is blue sentinels work in a similar way to the darkmoon covenant did in dark souls.

I will carry on then, invasions were never my favourite part but it would be nice once in a while.

Is there anyone else who can't use their red eye orbs, and get an error type message as I described above, or is that specific to my game and I'll have to wait for a patch?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

I've been invaded twice across maybe 50 hours of playtime across 2 different characters. It's no doubt why the Bell tower covenant is so popular given it's currently the most reliable method for engaging in PVP. Even tried it myself, but got bored after getting to level 2 and the rewards kinda suck. Though after saying that I'm sure the rank 3 award is something incredible...

What's really annoying is the Blue Sentinel covenant is indeed rather broken. I've been wearing the ring for my secondary character practically as soon as I got it; I have been summoned once since then. The blue eye orbs never seem to work, either. They always just throw up the notice for no worlds to invade like a second after I try to use it. Though given the scarcity of invasions, I suppose that's why. I wonder if many are even aware of that blood covenant, as I would assume you can buy more red eye orbs (if not unlock an infinite use one) from there.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

25 hours and I've never been red-orb invaded yet. Tons and tons of rat and bell-tower invasions, though.

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darklight

Speaking of cracked orb...be it red or blue, I can't use them. I'm in the Blue Sentiel. I can do co-op and put my sign, write message, invading people when I'm a convenant (only did it on the bellkeeper one) and I also did some fight in the Blue Sentinel arena but the cracked orb Use action is always grayed out for me... did I miss something?

On a related note I never been invaded either, nor I have ever been called to protect someone as a Blue Sentinel (and wearing the ring of course)... I dunno if it's my internet configuration that's the problem. Pretty sure I took the option to have more then region.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefinaltardis: I have invaded using red eyes orbs and have worked great but somehow after a while is says im disconected from the multilayer servers , yet bloodstain and messages still appear. I think is is still first week release woes server side.

Yes - giant pain in the asshole to get disconnected from the multiplayer servers when you just want to lay down your summon sign, having to quit and reload all the time.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes - giant pain in the asshole to get disconnected from the multiplayer servers when you just want to lay down your summon sign, having to quit and reload all the time.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Fifty hours in, not way of the blue and the only places Ive been invaded are the belfry towers, its pretty much nonstop invasions there, been invaded zero times elsewhere.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@darklight: I could use the cracked blue eye orb, got killed by a duo of bell bros and then couldn't use the cracked blue eye orb anymore. I assume it's because I was no longer human.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By confusedowl

I've been invaded once in NG and once in NG+ by red phantoms so I haven't had any issues with it. Seems like a lot of the pvp is coming from the rat covenant and the Bell Tower though.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

40+ hours in and was only invaded once, in the Bell Tower.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HeyGuys

Hopefully as time goes on invasion pick up because as it is being a Blue Sentinel is kind of a bummer. I was looking to try out the PvP last night, put on the ring, tried using my over flowing cracked blue eye orb supply and couldn't get anything going. Finally had to resort to a red eye orb and invaded someone, I even got a Blue Sentinel summoned in to fight ME.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@grissefar: Yep, whatever is wrong with their network infrastructure needs to be fixed. It's really a shame, because it pretty much ruins a vital part of the game.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

90 hours in and never been invaded via a red orb I guess. Plenty of annoying invasions from the Bell and Rat covenants.

I've been in the Way of Blue since the start of the game.

Mael0010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried using the Blue Sentinels and they don't work. At all. Then found out the Blood Covenant and decided to go to the dark side. It's pretty awful from the other side too this is what I have gathered from invading:

1) You need Cracked Red Eye Orbs to invade, but nobody will sell them to you (supposedly in NG+ somebody does). You can farm them, but enemies go extinct and it's not 100% sure the will drop one. Also, you can only invade if you are in the same area as other people are playing but the same rules of summon apply (Lvl and Soul Count). This applies to the Blue Eye Orb too.

2) When you successfully invade someone, you get next to nothing. You get SOME souls, but no items like a cracked red eye orb to keep on invading.

3) Since it's A LOT easier (THANK GOD!!) to summon people now, invasions are a lot harder.

4) The Blue Sentinels covenant exists.

5) The Blood Covenant Ring does nothing. It would be great if it DID something, since there's almost no point to invading.

I didn't exactly loved Dark Souls invasions but I loved the fact it was part of the Lore and the fear that any minute, you could get invaded. In Dark Souls 2, at least before NG+, the game is not made for mass invasions, therefore, the Blue Sentinels don't have jobs.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chroipahtz

@mael0010: You gain Cracked Red Eye Orbs by defeating other Brotherhood members in arena duels, I think.