Could this game ever live up to the fandom's expectations?

• 55 results
YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My expectations are high to the peak of being frustrating: I'll be disappointed even if it is a masterpiece. I am a fool for loving Dark Souls as much as I do.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes. Because I have no exceptions of what the game should be or should do. And I know I will like it. There is no question in that. And honestly I have enough trust in From to say there is no way they can fuck it up to a point where I will hate it.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Most people would be happy just getting more Dark Souls period so I'm sure it'll be fine. The worst thing that could happen is that the game isn't different enough but I doubt that would be that big of a deal for most people. It's not like they're cranking these games out that often ya know.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Giantstalker

@roboculus92 said:

The worst thing that could happen is that the game isn't different enough but I doubt that would be that big of a deal for most people.

Well this is what's kept Armored Core around for almost two decades, so I agree it's a pretty safe assumption.

But it's also why I'm probably not going to buy Dark Souls II. I feel the first game had a lot of major problems, none of which seem to be addressed in any meaningful way for the sequel. Just like Armored Core over the years, actually. We'll see for sure when it finally releases but as said above... it feels like a pretty safe assumption.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Eh. From's pretty good at keeping a good thing going, if not at evolving it dramatically or quickly. But I'm not looking for that in DS2 yet (and it seems like most people aren't), so I'm sure everything'll be okay.