Dark Souls II Coming to PC on April 25th

• 72 results
Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

According to Siliconera, we won't have to wait terribly long for DSII to land on PC's, with the game coming to Steam on the 25th of April.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/28/dark-souls-ii-coming-pc-steam-april-25/

What do you guys think? Is a little over a month too long to wait? Or will you hold out for what's likely to be the definitive edition of the game??

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By audioBusting

@namcogames Can you confirm April 25th release for Dark Souls 2 on PC?

— Matthew Liebl (@Matt_GZ) February 28, 2014

@Matt_GZ We haven't announced a release date yet - We'll have more info on that soon though!

— NAMCO BANDAI America (@namcogames) February 28, 2014

Unconfirmed by Bandai Namco's Twitter account =/

Edit: as the first reply saying it's not confirmed I'll just update this to say that it's been confirmed and preorders are up.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samaritan

Seems my excitement got the better of me and I jumped the gun on this topic a little bit. No official word yet from Namco BandaiBandai Namco and no source on the part of Siliconera makes for this article difficult to believe. Doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong, just wanted to clarify that hey, maybe this isn't true after all. I'd of course love for it to be true. 5-6 weeks after the console versions is not too bitter a pill for me to swallow.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I expect a longer wait, which means I'll be buying it during a Christmas sale.

When does GFWL shut down? I would almost believe that they'd still release Dark Souls 2 with GFWL.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#5  Edited By Savage

@noblenerf: GFWL officially shuts down on July 1, 2014. Bamco has said they're looking into removing GFWL from Dark Souls 1, so they're aware of the shutdown. Although they haven't said anything about what Dark Souls 2 will use for its online matchmaking on PC, it's unthinkable that they would tie a big financial bet like DS2 to a known sinking ship like GFWL.

As for this purported release date, even though it sounds plausible, I think the prudent thing to do is wait for official confirmation from Bamco before believing it. The Siliconera article cites no source whatsoever. It implicitly refers to a graphic that says April 25th on it, but the graphic has no attribution and even contains an amateurish typo ("Amour" instead of "Armour"), undermining its credibility.

Edit: fixed a typo of my own.

Dooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hate them for not releasing this the same day as the PS3. I can't wait. I really can't.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the Dark Souls community over a year after it came out. I missed the sense of exploration and discovery because every time I got stuck, a guide was readily available for me. So I want to pick this one up as soon as possible so I'm just as screwed as everyone else. Waiting even a month is too much for me, so I have my 360 copy preordered on Amazon. Can't wait for it to show up exactly one week from today!

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dooley: Pretty sure they are, though for Europeans like me, there will be an additional 3 days wait, before it is released here. Damn retail.

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm Amazon says May 31st for pc. That would suck.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ravelle

Two months of avoiding spoilers and hearing people talk about it is a long time. Whatever the reason, keeping the PC people in the dark while the console folks are about to finish it is a bad decision.

Perhaps they needed a bit more time to tidy things up in the PC version which is understandable but they could have pushed back the console version to match the PC release.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Coke

This thread's got a lot of wrong information and is confusing people.

Dark Souls 2 has no release date for PC. Any date you read anywhere other than official sources is not correct in any way.

Keep an eye on Namco Bandai's Twitter if you want up-to-date information about the PC version's release date: https://twitter.com/namcogames

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It will be less a wait than the Dark Souls PC gap... That's something... right?

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By super2j

@ravelle said:

Two months of avoiding spoilers and hearing people talk about it is a long time. Whatever the reason, keeping the PC people in the dark while the console folks are about to finish it is a bad decision.

Perhaps they needed a bit more time to tidy things up in the PC version which is understandable but they could have pushed back the console version to match the PC release.

ya but that would mean money is being pushed off too and shareholders and upper management won't want that unless there are very specific and important reasons not to do so.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

From what I've heard, the reason there is no set release date for Dark Souls 2 PC is because they don't actually know yet, they are going to be working to make sure everything is working properly with it on PC before releasing so they don't release something shoddy like Dark Souls 1 for PC. I don't think it will be AS LONG as the end of April or May, but I also don't think we'll be seeing it in March.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I've got the 360 version preordered since I won't even likely have a gaming PC by the time that version comes out anyway.

Also, I've seen the official Dark Souls Facebook and Twitter accounts call the company Namco Bandai so even if that's not officially the name anymore, I think it's still acceptable.

Igniz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confirmed now. In all of the history of the world, I cant think of any instance where "lead platform" equals 1 and a half month delay but yet here we are......

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them when they say that they intend to do right by the PC version and so the delay was necessary to ensure that becomes true......or maybe the constant cries to announce the PC date got too much and they relented. You know what, I lied. I do not for 1 second believe the PC version was delayed to ensure anything other than to "protect" console sales and screw legitimate PC buyers. Man this is making me salty as fuck >:(

Chronologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chronologist
cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cloudnineboya

I happy to wait and block out all info, need to have that higher resolution and frame rate.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bybeach

I'm debating. I have DS 2 on the PS 3 pre-ordered, and will do a steam sale on the steam version. But that is still money out. Combined w/the fact stick of Truth is wanting a cool 60.00 on PC. So 120+ in one month for video games is a bit rich for me even if I can afford it.

@igniz12 said:

Confirmed now. In all of the history of the world, I cant think of any instance where "lead platform" equals 1 and a half month delay but yet here we are......

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them when they say that they intend to do right by the PC version and so the delay was necessary to ensure that becomes true......or maybe the constant cries to announce the PC date got too much and they relented. You know what, I lied. I do not for 1 second believe the PC version was delayed to ensure anything other than to "protect" console sales and screw legitimate PC buyers. Man this is making me salty as fuck >:(

I betcha it sure figured in.

mrbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By mrbubbles

I don't think April 25th is too long to wait. I will most certainly be waiting for the PC version (it also gives me a chance to play a lot of Titanfall). It really isn't that hard to avoid spoilers of the game and the PC version (despite coming out a month and a half later) will have a big community. Sure people will have finished the game and figured out the weird intricacies and other stuff about the game but who gives a shit. It's easy enough to avoid all that stuff too.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Krockett

@mrbubbles said:

I don't think April 25th is too long to wait. I will most certainly be waiting for the PC version (it also gives me a chance to play a lot of Titanfall). It really isn't that hard to avoid spoilers of the game and the PC version (despite coming out a month and a half later) will have a big community. Sure people will have finished the game and figured out the weird intricacies and other stuff about the game but who gives a shit. It's easy enough to avoid all that stuff too.

My wife just last month bought me a New $1700 PC setup...So I will most definitely be waiting for the PC version.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By viking_funeral

I just saw this on the front page of Steam.

Completely took me by surprise.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hurrah! Glad that this turned out to be true. A little over a month isn't too long to wait for a superior version of that game. Even if it's just for the sake of a better framerate, I'll wait.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I am not waiting over a month sadly. Will get the PS3 version straight away probably the PC version later.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

I can't think of one thing in Dark Souls that could have been spoiled. Unless you can't help but scour message boards and read the wikis. If anything the smattering of knowledge I knew about Dark Souls improved the experience. Upon first seeing Capra Demon pop up on the bottom of the screen I thought,"Oh shit, it's about to get real up in here." Even though I knew nothing besides the name.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Seppli

I'll definitely wait for the PC version. Maybe I'll even just wait and see if there's a PS4 version, and get it on the cheap later, if there's not. I definitely don't want to play the crummy last gen version. I'm afraid that people with hacked stats will ruin the PC version (let's face it, every PC online multiplayer game suffers from it), and thus don't want to play it on PC either. Sophie's choice so far. My only hope for full satisfaction is a PS4 version. They better get cracking.

I'm not really worried about spoilers, but I hate missing being swept up by the Zeitgeist of it. It will indubitably be quite intoxicating. Oh well, the heart wants what the heart wants. Poor old me. Between South Park, Titanfall (maybe on PC, it's quite cheap right out of the gate), BF4 Naval Strike & Balance Patch, Infamous, Tomb Raider (from PS+) and the rest of my backlog - I'm not in need of games to play, even if playing Dark Souls 2 is an extremely exciting prospect to me.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will definitely wait for the PC version as well. I do not mind plaiyng this game one month after console release with a much better version^^

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flasaltine

Wait. Is there really fucking pre-order weapons? What the fuck?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@flacracker: They're cosmetic I believe.

The PC version might sell the most over time but most of those copies will be sold at $20 or less so it probably won't be the most profitable platform.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Just checked Steam and NB twitter. The wait isn't as horrible as I thought.

We can do this together, friends.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Maaaaan, waiting for the Pc release is going to be really hard for me, but I'd rather wait than drag out those old consoles. Next time I get one out will be Persona 5.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ichthy

Well, just cancelled my 360 version from Amazon. Estimated arrival date wasn't until the week of the 20th anyways, so no big loss. The PC version is $15 cheaper with more free stuff to boot, and now I at least have less overlap with D3 RoS.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cmon bamco £40..

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what, I can wait. I really have no desire to pull an old console out of the closet just to play one game and then box it up again.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ichthy said:

Well, just cancelled my 360 version from Amazon. Estimated arrival date wasn't until the week of the 20th anyways, so no big loss. The PC version is $15 cheaper with more free stuff to boot, and now I at least have less overlap with D3 RoS.

ooohhh, me like. I would prepurchase like right now but.... I am worried about performance of the game. If my laptop can't handle it because 1) the game just needs more power or 2)they optimized it horribly, then I will feel bad.

those minimum graphics requirements are kinda high

• Processor: AMD® Phenom II™ X2 555 3.2Ghz or Intel® Pentium Core ™ 2 Duo E8500 3.17Ghz
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600GT, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870

My laptop is

intel i5 sandybridge 2.4ghz

nvidia geforce Gt540m

i mean, I am playing far cry 3, have played bioshock infinite, witcher 2, borderlands 2 fine and no problems, will i really have problems? or have they overshot the requirements?

jchenderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: I am the opposite. I want to so badly play the PC version but I am having trouble avoiding spoilers up to console release let alone the 25th. I shall be dragging out the xbox again.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I thought I'd give greenmangaming a shot. Bought South Park which got me a $13 dollar credit and they have a 20% code on their front page. Pre ordered Dark Souls II for $27

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ravelle

I decided I will be purchasing both the PS3 edition and the PC version, my brother is planning on getting it for the PS3 so plan on playing with him and a month getting it for my hard core sessions and to play with my PC gaming friends.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By mike

I had intended all along to wait for the PC version, especially now since I have a GTX 780 and it is always recording at least the most recent 20 minutes of gameplay in 1080p60 just in case something awesome happens. However, I just found out I can get the Xbox 360 version for retail price with no tax at any time I want...like in the next couple of hours if I wanted to.

April 25th seems even farther away than ever now, I may not be able to hold out that long. Also from the sound of this topic, April 25th may be a bit optimistic for a PC release date anyway. Gahhhh

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pyrodactyl

Even a day after march 11 might as well be 12 thousand years at this point. I really admire anyone who's willing to wait.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mike

@mb said:

I had intended all along to wait for the PC version, especially now since I have a GTX 780 and can record all of my gameplay just in case something awesome happens. However, I just found out I can get the Xbox 360 version for retail price with no tax at any time I want...like in the next couple of hours if I wanted to.

April 25th seems even farther away than ever now, I may not be able to hold out that long. Also from the sound of this topic, that date may be a bit optimistic for a PC release anyway. Gahhhh

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ezekiel

@ichthy said:

Includes the art book that is exclusive to the Collector's Edition, which costs 70 dollars more. That's what I wanted most from that version.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mike

Alright well, it's done. I have the 360 version in hand. I am toying with the idea of trying to finish it before the official release date rolls around.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sooty

I'll wait. Not bothered.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's on steam right now to preorder, IT'S OFFICIAL it comes out April 25th. I'm going with PC version.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NINETY AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS? Jesus.
Anyway, I am a reasonable man, and I already pre-ordered the PS3 version for 60 dollars. This totally won't end up with me buying the PC version as well.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why they didn't just confirm the release date when this article came out, but uh, ooookay then!....?

Anyway, I realllllly wanna play this on PC, but I just can't wait. It's gonna be impossible to avoid spoilers for such a popular game too, so yeah. PS3 for me.

Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well considering that this isn't coming out on wii u I put in my steam preorder but with a 3 year old and newborn time should just fly by and I should be able to beat this about this time next year.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steadyingmeat: I bet they didn't confirm the PC release date because that version isn't finished yet, and they aren't sure when it will be.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I thought I'd give greenmangaming a shot. Bought South Park which got me a $13 dollar credit and they have a 20% code on their front page. Pre ordered Dark Souls II for $27

you gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, 40.00$ is a great price to take a chance on a brand new highly anticipated (by me) game. Lets hope it runs well...