Hey duders, I was just going through some of @rorie 's archived Dark Souls playing (over at http://www.twitch.tv/frailgesture/videos) and was also thinking about how Dark Souls 2 will have new enemies to defy Dark Souls players' expectations (like how the Turtle Knight will crush backstabbers, or enemies can now dodge backstab). It got me thinking about some other fun ways to troll players that are going into Dark Souls 2 fresh. Here are some of my ideas, let's hear yours!
- bonfire mimic that just lights you on fire and one shots you if you tried to use it like a regular bonfire
- archers/crossbowmen who fires at you at a regular frequency but will randomly do a quick melee stab at you (if you're in melee range) with his dagger immediately after his shots to counter players who try to time their attacks in between shots
- a pvp covenant where you get to disguise your invasion as a friendly summon sign in another player's game (so instead of recruiting for help, the invadee, unbeknownst to them, openly invites someone to invade them while being really close to them)
- placing an item in a distant platform that *seems* like you could do a running jump to reach to, but is actually impossible to reach
- enemies filled with explosive powder such that if the player uses a short ranged/melee pyro spell, the enemy detonates and deals massive fire damage to the player and knocks the player back
- having an enemy placed conveniently next to a ledge where if the player tries to kick him off, the enemy will grab the player's leg to use their momentum and throw them off instead (apparently the kick may have been replaced by a shoulder charge :( http://darksouls2wiki.wikispaces.com/Combat)