Final Boss Didn't Spawn For Me... (Help)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Title says it all. Beat the Thronewatchers before going into the Giant Memory. Didn't spawn then. Didn't spawn after, when I came back with the Giant Soul.

The fuck? Bug, or am I doing it wrong?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

There's some object in that room that you have to approach before the boss spawns.

Edit: Apparently you need 3 "Souls of a Giant" too.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't need a Giant Soul, you need the Giant's Kinship from defeating the Giant Lord boss. If that's what you meant, then... uhh... maybe you're shit out of luck.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't need a Giant Soul, you need the Giant's Kinship from defeating the Giant Lord boss. If that's what you meant, then... uhh... maybe you're shit out of luck.

The boss fight is supposed to trigger when I interact with the dead giant? Well, it just kicks me back to where I enter the memory.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By groin

@seppli said:

@ttthrasher said:

The boss fight is supposed to trigger when I interact with the dead giant? Well, it just kicks me back to where I enter the memory.

It sounds like you didn't interact with all the Giant Tree things. One of them has a boss fight.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

@groin said:

@seppli said:

@ttthrasher said:

It sounds like you didn't interact with all the Giant Tree things. One of them has a boss fight.

Aye - just figured it out watching a youtube video. There's more than one petrified giant.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@groin said:

@seppli said:

@ttthrasher said:

I am unable to find the right spot. I've found two so far. One is standing behind the spot where I fought the Pursuer, and another is in the yard down from the Merchant Hag bonfire. In the video I see a bonfire right next to the right giant-spot, but I do not have that bonfire yet... which is fucking wierd, because I've been everywhere... apparently not though. Fuck! This is driving me up the walls.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli: There is a King's door on that level that has a Bonfire and then the 3rd Tree behind it.

I don't remember the exact route, sorry. :(

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ares42

The King's door you're looking for is down the ladder in Cardinal Tower, then over the bridge and to the right. There's a door that was locked there, just after it take a left.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli

@ares42: @owack6:

Thx guys, I totally forgot about that thing. I beat the game by now though. That was the last hurdle. One of the very few things I hate about the Souls games. Looking for something I know is there, but not finding it. A downside of the exploration aspect I guess.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By emfromthesea

@seppli said:

@ares42: @owack6:

Thx guys, I totally forgot about that thing. I beat the game by now though. That was the last hurdle. One of the very few things I hate about the Souls games. Looking for something I know is there, but not finding it. A downside of the exploration aspect I guess.

Particularly in Dark Souls 2 I've noticed the lack of direction. The NPCs in Dark Souls were pretty good about telling you where to go, if you spoke to them. Alas, the people of Majula seem more content with spouting ambiguous lore at you.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sunbrozak: Once you meet the queen she pretty explicitly tells you what your next objective is any time you talk to her. Also, all the King's Doors are very clear about what you need to open them, so once you find the ring it's pretty obvious where you need to go.

Early game is definitely way more aimless, but the Emerald Herald basically lists all the places you need to go, and each branch definitively ends with a Primal Bonfire so there's no questioning whether or not you went the right way. I personally really like how open the early game is; it gives you a ton of options when you get stuck and need a change of scenery.