Lords of the Fallen

HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HaniBall

Hmm, not a huge amount of gameplay here. But concept and gameplay wise does this look familiar to anyone.

At one point he seems to have learned to parry him.

Then his poise is actually enough to take the initial onslaught. And ultimately he actiually staggers the attack by the stability of his guard. Which is actually kind of a cool concept!

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

They sure are going for the Dark Souls crowd. That much is certain. 'Every victory is born from defeat'. Yep, that sounds like Dark Souls.

Very little to see still, but I'm keeping an eye on it. An okay Dark Souls imitation should still be a lot of fun.

Myrmicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

They sure are going for the Dark Souls crowd. That much is certain. 'Every victory is born from defeat'. Yep, that sounds like Dark Souls.

Very little to see still, but I'm keeping an eye on it. An okay Dark Souls imitation should still be a lot of fun.

This, even if my Fan Soul howls to burn thise copycat at the stake.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ruiner

I'd be more excited if it actually let you create your own character and didn't lock you into classes in the beginning. Seems like it's taking out my favorite part of the Souls games.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'd be more excited if it actually let you create your own character and didn't lock you into classes in the beginning. Seems like it's taking out my favorite part of the Souls games.

Do they do that? I hadn't seen it in that trailer.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I will play any game that tries to copy the Souls games. Just, maybe not at full price.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

The prospects for this game make me happy. I've been day 1 on every Souls game and clocked many hundreds of hours in NG+'s and PvP, but I must admit that DKS2, while amazing and potentially better in almost every way than the other two, didn't give me the same pleasure as DKS / DMS. The reason for this is that I've largely seen all of these concepts before, even if they are refined and done better than ever.

To that end, I'm looking forward to seeing Souls influence bleed out into other high value productions. From may have taken this as far or as close to as far as they can. I'll still buy whatever iteration they do next on day 1, but I don't expect that they'll be able to innovate these ideas any more than making it smoother, prettier, bigger.

I've always thought that Souls concept would be really interesting in a more zelda-y or even TES open format. They already were generally really open, just in that distinctive metroidvania way.