Most souls you've lost thus far?

• 90 results
Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I just died to a boss with 98K souls on me. And in the processes of making it back to the boss, mainly due to me being in such a hurry, I forgot about an enemy. He caught me off guard and killed me. I was so angry with myself. Not because I was using them to level up, but because I was saving them to buy things and upgrade. And it should have been avoided. Both deaths actually. I just got impatient. Yay for carelessness!

So how many have you lost in one go thus far?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Like 40K on the way to Undead Purgatory. The Black Phantom (!?) killed me on the first encounter and gauntlet of super tough dudes ont eh way to the bridge took me out on the way there. I've managed to avoid loosing a lot of souls even though I've been grinding bosses to become human by just clearing out vendor inventories,

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Sessh

About 35k by falling off a ledge in the Shaded Woods, after first dying to the giant frog.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

40k in Sinner's Keep to a surprise exploding zombie rush at the gate before the bridge. Was stressed out on my way back, and one of them green abominations got me with his double tail swipe.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Probably in the neighborhood of like 60k? I've done a number of dumb things. I've had some close calls in boss rooms I wasn't ready for but luckily I used a homeward bone to escape the boss room with souls intact.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

25k, I try to level up whenever I get pass 20k, but I got careless at Earthen Peak.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By audiosnow

Fourteen thousand, I think. Two Grey Phantoms at once, right inside the secret dwarf area. (Now there's a phrase I didn't expect to ever write.)

I've been really conservative, jumping home whenever I have enough for a level or two.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By jkz

Yeah I've lost between 20-30k a few times, and once somewhere around 40-45k. I've been...pretty careless with souls in this game honestly, basically only leveling after an area boss. I was in Demon's Souls too. It's just the long-ass load times when you warp to / from Majula that dissuade. Hasn't proved an issue but if I was playing on my PC off an SSD I'd probably be a bit more cautious.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By maginnovision

I think like 12 or 13 thousand. It's happened twice. One time I forgot to pick them up when trying a tricky jump, and missed it. The other time I think I died to rat vanguard and when I went back in to get them and do it again and my controller died. Pretty much head back after every boss to spend on levels and items. I'm an archer so it's pretty easy to spend souls on arrows. Just spent 50k on some poison arrows. Would have popped some souls to buy more but they just don't let you carry enough.

Quick edit: I've died multiple times with 100K plus souls, but when I die with that many I just slow down, because rushing was what got me killed in the first place.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

20k or so once, haven't had any heartbreakers.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hatking

This is making me feel a little better about losing my 4 or 5k (still in the early game here).

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I was on the cusp of losing 50k souls on my SL 20ish character, but had a homeward bone that triggered a tenth of a second before the dude's blow landed.

First character lost about 250k total, but never more than 20k at once.

@sessh: Pro strat for that guy: shoot him with arrows.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

8k is the most I've lost so far. I think I've only lost souls a few times actually. Souls are precious, so I try pretty hard not to lose them. I'm only like 12 hours in though, so I expect to lose some more by the end of the game.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably only about 15k, I always try to spend as much as I can before entering an unfamiliar area. I've only really lost souls in boss rooms though, I've been doing pretty well about recovering them out in the world.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh man, you guys are the best. I was absolutely chastising myself over losing 9k on an unbelievably dumbly failed boss run. Now I feel great.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@reisz said:

Oh man, you guys are the best. I was absolutely chastising myself over losing 9k on an unbelievably dumbly failed boss run. Now I feel great.

You'll probably get yours at some point though.

I've lost about 20.000 souls 3 times. Feels shitty. But oh well, it's not too bad.

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

This is making me feel a little better about losing my 4 or 5k (still in the early game here).

this, but also the thought of losing that many is super scary

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This makes me feel way better about losing almost 5000 souls in one go. :P

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Probably 10k, so not a whole lot, but I'm losing them a lot more often in this game for some reason. I think it's because the leveling arc isn't so steep and I've trained myself to not worry about anything below 10k from the other souls games. Even with limited enemy spawns there is so many opportunities to make souls it's never a big deal losing some. Just white soap stone at a boss gate and you'll make loads of bonus souls.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

60k. Those exploding things in that one area are a real pain.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@reisz: I hear you! I came into this thread expecting to be shown as a careless player but I feel a little better now!

I lost 30K after beating a boss and going exploring in a different zone, not knowing at all that I certainly shouldn't have been there.

I both love and hate that it is totally your fault as the player. Can't blame the controller on this one.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having almost finished the game I think I've lost between 15-20k a few times. I've abandoned sub-10k amounts plenty of times though, just because of laziness. At this point I don't even really know what to spend souls on anyways. Been pumping a bunch into different weapons just to see if they get good or not.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Around 90K probably. I ended the game at level 164, so it didn't seem like it mattered.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

After clearing the tower of flame and the forest of fallen giants. I haven't lost a Single soul. I've always managed to get all my souls back in time if I die.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By militantfreudian

I'm bookmarking this topic. I haven't played the game yet, but I have a strong feeling I'll need it to cheer me up at some point.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once lost over 13 million souls on Demon's Souls. While not the same game but still counts. No?!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mordukai: Considering you could duplicate boss souls in DeS no, it's nowhere near counting.

I'm about 30 hours in and I think the most I've lost so far is around 8K. Since PVP is based on total souls collected instead of soul level I've been getting levels whenever possible, even if I don't feel like I need them.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I lost 32k souls on the Sinner. Got to him 5 times, constantly Retrieving my souls and building up the stash, and then the mobs before him killed me and I lost it all. I should've Homeward Boned out of his arena sooner...

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

Only 20-30k. Whenever I don't want to lose whatever I've got on me I equip a ring that lets me keep all my shit when I die. The ring breaks, but it only costs 3k to repair it, which is more than made up for with the souls I save by not dying and losing them. It takes the edge off, maybe a little too much honestly. I have 3 of those rings so I can die 3 times in a row and not lose anything before I have to go home and repair them.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordukai

@mosespippy: Thanks for assuming I dupped in DeS before asking me. I got that many the ole way. I was grinding for stones and reached NG+ 20(ish) lost count really. By that point even minions would take me down in 1-2 hits and thats how I lost that many.

Next time please ask before assuming.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I lost around 20k on a recent boss, but a lot of that was buildup from constant runs back to him, and then I stupidly died on the way over before getting them back. Souls are so plentiful that it hasn't been that big an issue, and I usually try to level when I've got a lot.

Tblockkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Tblockkiller

50K because of an ambush. When i tried to make it back i got snipped by a magic blast or something.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost 70K souls in the Crypt... Just me being an asshat.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dragon4234

I lost 70K souls in the Crypt... Just me being an asshat.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By LegalBagel

20k in the lava area. I stupidly followed an enemy into lava with one too many swings, and he was literally the last enemy in the huge room with a bridge. Then I died misclicking L3 on a simple jump trying to get back to the bloodstain.

I also probably lost 40k cumulatively on a series of runs at a boss. I nearly beat him first try, then never got close again. Started making stupid mistakes to enemies on the way and rushing too much in the boss encounter. Lost around 3-4 bloodstains with over 10k on them from the boss run. Finally gave up and said fuck that boss. Still haven't gone back.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright just lost 210k souls on my second character, a thing I like to do when I've already beaten a Souls game is lug around hundreds of thousands of souls to make it more tense (once had 1.5 million souls that were at a bloodstain in the Duke's Archives, character had 10 vitality and was SL 50; I did retrieve that one though); Myself and a buddy were trying to beat Smelter while keeping Lucatiel alive, which is effectively beating Smelter in about 60-70 seconds (45 seconds of actual combat, rest being powerup/turtle moves). This isn't a huge deal as 1. 150k or so of those souls were stolen from other people's games, and 2. Iron Keep summons are guaranteed to get you about 10k souls in 2-3 minutes.

Smelter is about 17-3 against a combination of myself and whichever host/phantoms are around; miraculously found a pretty good player but still had trouble with it with that guy. Ornstein and Smough could barely push .500 in my experience there (even during launch week); sans the good player he'd be almost perfect; there was this one guy who was tanking whilst we nuked the crap out of him and he kept living with like 50 health after getting hit once; he was pretty good at rolling but that stuff is rather amusing. My character is sort of built for the long term so he's just of middling effectiveness right now and you need to have basically an ideal build to be on even terms with Smelts early on.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sterling

Getting that one ring is game changing for those that don't like to lose souls or humanity. Insane they put something like this in the game.

LarsHJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LarsHJ

Loosing souls from own mistakes is one thing... It hurts alot more when you are returning to pickup your souls and get killed by invader. Lost 50k souls in Iron keep from that.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@sterling said:

Getting that one ring is game changing for those that don't like to lose souls or humanity. Insane they put something like this in the game.

Eh, not really, considering you're wasting a valuable ring slot. It's like the FAP ring in a way. It's insanely powerful, but you need to consciously give up a precious ring slot in order to keep it.

Also the most souls I've lost is 110098. I remember that moment well. I thought I'd be clever and just run to the elevator in Sinner's Rise with my shield up the whole way. I forgot about a fourth archer that was positioned behind me and, on the way down, I was shot in the back and nudged off of the platform.

My sigh lasted about as long as the fall.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: The ring in first game though broke and was not repairable. It vanished from your inventory. This one can be repaired over and over for 3000 souls. You will never need to lose your human form again. And you would never lose your souls ever again. As long as you always have soul items to pop and repair it. Or have more than one. Like I do right now. I have three of the damn things.

I think this is pretty much against everything the game is about. Ya you give up a ring slot. But really that is not much to give up. At least for me. I don't think there are 4 must have rings. In fact I change mine all the time. Depending on what I am going up against. The only that never comes off is my covenant ring.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sterling: All of that is true, and yet for some reason I'm not compelled to use the ring. I've got a couple of them myself, and yet I just... don't use it. I suppose it might be hubris, or I might think that there are better rings to help absorb damage or deal it, but I'm just not compelled to use that ring. At all. My reaction to its discovery was "well, that's neat" and that's about it.

Perhaps the ring is bugged and it is supposed to have limited uses, or perhaps it's working as intended. Considering all of the concessions made to complaints about the first game (optional voice chat; optional friends list Jolly Co-Operation), I think this might just be another crutch to help prop up the players who aren't particularly adept at the game. All I can say for sure is that its existence doesn't bother me. Especially where rings exist that completely negate backstabs. The Ring of Life Protection doesn't seem so bad in comparison.

NFLD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just lost 29k after defeating the gargoyles. I drunkenly ran past the bonfire and into the pit of dogs. Then on way back got invaded X2 was spelled in the back trying to get through the gate.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mordukai: I didn't say you duped them. I'm saying losing souls in DeS is not nearly as significant because they can be replaced at zero cost. It's hyperinflation. The supply of souls is infinite so the value of one is approaching zero.

bnutz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

36k-ish.

I didn't need it, though. I was already a bit overleveled and I had bought all the things.

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Seesic

I lost 23 thousand last night, before that the most had been 5 thousand.

Spoiler free version: Earned it all on the way to a really tough boss fight and died, so I became human to summon someone,then I was invaded and died before a I could get through the fog.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I lost about 80K when I finally decided to check out the flame pit with those fire lizards in Forest of the Giants... Man, fuck that place! Those lizards hafta to be the toughest common enemy I've encountered thus far, and the items weren't even worth the frustration either.