Game is 50$?

crimson26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not sure if anyone noticed but on bestbuy and other sites its listed are 50$ so its it not a full game? Makes me wonder since new walking dead from activision was 50$....

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheHumanDove

Hahah it's a full game. They just know public opinion is that it will be shit, so they adjusted their price accordingly. This isn't as new as it might seem. I, for one, will first day purchase this gem since my friends and I got a good laugh out of the first game.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Got this for $24 on GMG at some point for the PC, plus it now comes with a free copy of Risen, because, you know, the Risen and Dead Island games, pretty similar.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's a "full game".....Angry Birds is a full game, is it not?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jdh5153 said:

What's a "full game".....Angry Birds is a full game, is it not?

Not really, no. For 99 cents, sure. But a full game for consoles typically runs $60. Then fact that this is $50 makes people wonder if it's not as fully featured as a standard $60 game. Regardless, it looks like a bad way to spend $50.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Considering the four characters from the first game have the exact same clothes in the second game, I predict there will be a ton of other reasons why it shouldn't be a full price game.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#7  Edited By Kidavenger

You shouldn't let price effect your perception of value, they are experimenting with price and it should be encouraging not a cause for worry, the majority of the game of the year candidates last year were less than $60, not every retail game needs to be $60. Did anyone get worried when StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm was $40?

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

You shouldn't let price effect your perception of value, they are experimenting with price and it should be encouraging not a cause for worry, the majority of the game of the year candidates last year were less than $60, not every retail game needs to be $60. Did anyone get worried when StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm was $40?

Starcraft 2 is a different issue altogether

PistonHyundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@kidavenger said:

Yeah, HotS isn't exactly Starcraft 3. Dead Island Riptide isn't an expansion, but a sequel.

Allegedly. I mean, what can I say? A buddy of mine thought it was DLC because of it looking so similar/being 40 bucks on Steam.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitting zombies in the face with oars until the oars break is pretty funny I must admit. Too bad I don't like the characters. If this game had a "Create Your Own Survivor" feature I'd totally be more into customizing my own dude and surviving a few apocalypses with you all. Such a missed opportunity. Even in online games with random strangers it'd be cool to see what skills and abilities the other players had chosen for their characters; not to mention the funny outfits and ugly faces we'd see.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@adrock4 said:

@somedelicook said:

@kidavenger said:

Yeah, HotS isn't exactly Starcraft 3. Dead Island Riptide isn't an expansion, but a sequel.

Allegedly. I mean, what can I say? A buddy of mine thought it was DLC because of it looking so similar/being 40 bucks on Steam.

It's 40 bucks on Steam? Those bastards, it's £5 more than full price for me.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I intend to check out the reviews, but, I welcome a $50 price point if the quality is on par with the first one. Yeah, it had problems, but I really enjoyed it.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McShank

Think of it this way. Its more Dead Island for 10$ less starting then the first? Either way, i played through that game 5 times. Solo and co-op and I still think its one of my favorite games. Already have wed next week off so I can pick up the game with a buddy after work and play it through tuesday and wed.