eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Edited By eccentrix

The Game:

Fame Douglas is... DOATEC was trying to... Look, let's just get to the video.

The Quick Look: Running time: 55:30, starring Jeff Gerstmann and Jason Oestreicher.

The first nine minutes is spent looking at and trying to figure out the vast amount of confusing and contradictory DLC packs. Then, it's on to the fighting! Jeff is player 1 and Jason player 2.

1st Round: Sarah v Tina on The Show

Jeff wins 2 - 1

2nd Round: Alpha-152 v Hitomi on Dead or Alive

Jeff wins 2 - 0

3rd Round: Raidou v Honoka on Fighting Entertainment

Jeff wins 2 - 1

4th Round: Christie v Sarah on Lorelei

Jeff wins 2 - 0

Jeff compares the sweat to the NBA launch game on 360, calling it "gnarly". A notification pops up to tell us that cigs66 has joined a party.

Last Round: Momiji v Marie Rose on a stage that I don't know the name of because Jason chose Random. It's the Show Time one with the tigers.

Jeff wins 2 - 0

Final Results: Jeff - 5, Jason - 0

Jeff jumps online to find a ranked match and there's some discussion of NAT settings and latency. Jeff talks about how this version on PS4 is the only version not busted right now and that the PC version will launch without online play. He gives up looking for a ranked match and goes to find a lobby match instead. This doesn't work out, either, and he is forced to reset the game.

A couple of combo challenges are shown before starting up Arcade mode. Then, it's on to the stupid, ridiculous Story mode which Jeff tries to explain to Jason.

Jason expresses his interest in the game and Jeff recommends getting the $40 pack instead of the $50 pack with the same, or perhaps less, content.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cloudyimpulse

Yeah I did not understand how they sell a $50 pack and then the actual game is $40 with more stuff. That didn't make sense.

I'm convinced that they are purposely trying to cause as much confusion as possible in hopes that people will purchase things they already have.

Edit: OK Now I'm really convinced Tecmo is trying to confuse people buying this game on the PSN store. I've been trying to figure out what the difference is between the $50 core package and the $40 Digital Full version. That Core Package seems to be ripping off users who are unaware or don't see the Digital Release buried under all of the DLC. That $50 package looks like you're getting less and spending more. Can anyone else confirm that?

Here are the two versions I'm talking about:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/doa5lr-core-fighters-30-character-set/cid=UP4108-CUSA01665_00-B000000000001326

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/dead-or-alive-5-last-round-with-bonus/cid=UP4108-NPUB50257_00-B000000000001324

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb does that weird formatting thing I don't like/understand where pressing enter makes a new paragraph instead of a line break and if you try to fix it, you can't tell whether it's fixed until you publish your post. I can't see an edit button, so I'll just try to get it right more often in the future.

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The thing about the game which baffles me the most is that $92 pack. If it's designed for people who bought the free version, why would you spend $92 when the retail disc is $40? And if it designed as a DLC pack on top of the retail game then it's beyond gross.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By whitegreyblack

@eccentrix: I could be wrong, but I think you can Shift-Enter to make a single line break vs. a new paragraph.

Test:

Enter
Shift-Enter
Shift-Enter

Enter

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: Even with that, because I'm pasting from somwhere else and redoing the formatting, there are invisible characters or something that leads to different line breaks and paragraphs on publication. I'm just going to write the posts straight in the text field from now on.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The core fighter bundle is 50% off on Xbox One right now.

https://store.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox-One/Games/DEAD-OR-ALIVE-5-Last-Round-Core-Fighters/9e3312c3-a5d8-4e94-9136-4d514f732714

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eccentrix: Yeah I have had a lot of trouble when copy & pasting text in. Regardless, your formatting in this thread works fine. Larger paragraph breaks are better than no breaks at all.

The inclusion of this line is a real gem: "A notification pops up to tell us that cigs66 has joined a party."

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@lukeweizer: Why are they charging 10 bucks for a demo that is free on PS3 and PS4?