Next gen is here: 720P / 10 FPS (seriously)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

If launch games were any indicator of a consoles success then the 360 would have been a failure. Does anyone actually remember how launch titles looked / performed back in the day? Look at this video of Gun and tell me that has any resemblance of a current-gen title.

Loading Video...

To be fair, Gun was also an Xbox the First game. Not exactly representative of a title developed specifically for 360 hardware.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I like how everyone craps on Perfect Dark Zero, even though it was rather well received at the time for being a technical marvel and a well-designed action game. I mean, here's Greg Kasavin lavishing praise over it with some minor caveats: review. I mean, sure, with time we've seen how poor the game really is, but it was not universally panned or anything upon release. I think its Metacritic score ended up being an 81? Not too shabby for a launch game that probably started production on the original Xbox.

The only thing I can say here is that Dead Rising has always run extremely poorly, at least on consoles. I think it's a mix of optimization and rushing production here.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

If launch games were any indicator of a consoles success then the 360 would have been a failure. Does anyone actually remember how launch titles looked / performed back in the day? Look at this video of Gun and tell me that has any resemblance of a current-gen title.

Loading Video...

I don't think Gun can be considered a true measure of general launch title quality :P

This time we have the advantage of the PC already having pioneered what's technically possible on these machines over the past few years, hence why stuff like Shadowfall and the new console flavours of BF4 look so much more impressive than one would normally expect from a launch title. Not saying there isn't room for improvement but I feel like we are starting out reasonably strong on the technical front this time around.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#205  Edited By Nags

So basically unchanged or even worse than the build presentation I sat through at E3? Disappointing.

@monetarydread said:

Loading Video...

Oh hey look Gun! I was a floor lead on this game. That Neversoft Tony Hawk engine...

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#206  Edited By Vextroid

No Caption Provided

I am more offended at that wall in the background.

Man those are some rough textures. This is still going to sell very well so I hope Microsoft/Capcom get greedy enough for more money with a PC version.
People were mentioning either here or in a different thread about how DR2 also had some performance issues (PS3 ver. did have some issues) but playing DR2 PC at 1080/60 is the Dead Rising I always dreamed of.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

should we really argue with digital foundry?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Krullban

@sooty

"Graphics:The framerate never hiccuped once, even when steamrolling through dense crowds of zombies and sending limbs flying" - Game Informer review

"game maintains a steady 30fps (once you’ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you’re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey." - EDGE

Thoughts?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Very happy this game runs well.

@crithon said:

should we really argue with digital foundry?

Apparently yes!

Like I said in my other post, if they are trying to be a bulletproof source for information of this kind then they should now learn to absolutely never do pre-release coverage.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Turn out it wasn't so bad after all huh?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nags: Next gen or not GUN was awesome!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#212  Edited By Sooty

@krullban said:

@sooty

"Graphics:The framerate never hiccuped once, even when steamrolling through dense crowds of zombies and sending limbs flying" - Game Informer review

"game maintains a steady 30fps (once you’ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you’re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey." - EDGE

Thoughts?

Gamespot "Dead Rising's 3 framerate is extremely choppy" , "Marred by performance issues"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NIvgPpNAMyY#t=223

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay > Graphics

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By AlexGBRO

@sooty: @sooty: the rumors are that this game started as a 360 game also very short dev cicle maybe a year at max

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty

Thoughts?

Gamespot "Dead Rising's 3 framerate is extremely choppy" , "Marred by performance issues"

Is that a quote of the build before or after the patch EDGE mentions?

Anyways, DF should've been a lot clearer on the fact that they were judging the preview build of the game, not the final version. DF has made a lot of strange decisions and have been pretty sloppy when it comes to testing next gen games, you would think that quality would matter above everything else for such a site.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well...it's a far cry from 480p and 15fps. We've made a lot of progress! :D

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty

Thoughts?

And they also don't mention the patch. Everyone who does, says it completely solves performance issues, including Brad. Keep in mind we know Brad is playing the game right now (so it is for sure the up to date patched version) and no one is more sensitive to frame rate issues (the man said console Far Cry 3 was unplayable). Sounds like some people played without it.

Whatever supports your crazy sky is falling thread though.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

do lie, we are upgrading because of the bloated market place and sluggish menus of PS3 and 360. The fact that Minecraft and Dota2 cannot be done on the current Gen is a reason why they are doing this. It's kinda amazing how PS3 could have Free to Play MMOs.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Glad to hear that this actually isn't the case. Can't wait until next year to pick this game up.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameplay > Graphics

Graphics? Sure, most of the time. Performance? Fuck no.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue is that people want to feel they are getting their money's worth. They don't get that warm fuzzy if at 10 FPS even if the game itself is more technically advanced.

So whatever. Buy it or don't buy it but technical problems aren't something to be ignored nor is it everything.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Sooty

@artisanbreads said:

@sooty said:

@krullban said:

@sooty

Thoughts?

Whatever supports your crazy sky is falling thread though.

I don't give a shit, I just happened to see that review before and remembered it being said.

Whether the game performs well or not is...fine? I don't care one way or the other if this thread is backed up or not, I have nothing against the game or platform I was merely expressing my disdain at the reported performance.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't the last Dynasty Warriors game have frame rate issues when a large number of enemies were on screen? I believe it did and they released a patch to resolve it, Granted, that game was developed by a different company but I would anticipate that a patch to optimize the Dead Rising 3's performance would be released as more players experience this issue. Of course, if it's not something they can improve I think it would be time to freak out then.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@sooty: Cool, you were just saying the whole hardware sucked because of one article. Now we know that the game runs fine.

Lets not treat Digital Foundry as if they are infallible because they've been slipping up and also not even forthcoming with what versions of games they've been looking at. Just a good reminder for people going forward.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only reason i can see they went for 720p on these specs is because of the mass of moving bodies. there is hundreds of zombies roaming around at any given time and you talking about 4 huge areas they are dealing with not to mention trying to maintain a FPS while driving at top speed in any given vehicle, which do go pretty fast. have yet to see any slow downs. although Dick is still invisible which is a bad thing indeed.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Game is not the shit fest DF made it out to be, game has been running fine.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@nags said:

So basically unchanged or even worse than the build presentation I sat through at E3? Disappointing.

@monetarydread said:

Loading Video...

Oh hey look Gun! I was a floor lead on this game. That Neversoft Tony Hawk engine...

They built that on the Tony Hawk engine? That would explain a few things.

JackBickford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To fix the FPS Drop use this fix and follow this tutorial:

Loading Video...