Pc issues with framerate

Reddonkeyham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hoping someone can help. Downloaded the game on release and having major issues with the game and its framerates. Any one know if this is an issue?

Cant remeber what specs but i know my processor is better than that i5 one i got 8gb ram, got windows 8 64 bit havnt got soundcard but tht dont matter but my graphics card is 660 nvidia not the 670 but is better than what you would run on minimum requirements. Ive optimized it on my grapics card, and when i start up it runs perfect after 5/10 mins the framrate drops massivly.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I don't think it's you. A quick glance at the player reviews on steam and the patch notes suggest this is a bad port.

A lot of people with similar hardware as you reporting issues.

That's a shame. I was looking forward to checking this out, but it may be best if I wait I guess.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reddonkeyham: 1. Stop preordering

2. Read the reviews and even the ones on steam.

lolasaurusrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely not your setup.

I'm on an i5 4670k @ 4.2 + a 7870 and I get around 30 frames most places.

Weirdly, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with zombies. The frame rate tanks the hardest when there is a lot of buildings rendered at once. How could they optomise the zombies so well, but not anything else.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I recommend not unlocking the framerate and just keeping it at 30.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum

yep, it's pretty badly optimized.

I have a i5 running at 4.5 GHz, 16gigs of 2400 ram and a GTX 680 and with unlocked framerates plus everything on maximun settings I get about 45-50 FPS on average (dipping bellow 20 during cutscenes for some reason)

right now as long as nvidia doesn't release a magical driver or capcom "fix" it themselves the better slternative is to leave the fps locked at 30.

Or you can change the "game quality" setting to something lower, it's what hits the hardest, it's the internal res in which the game is rendered, there's 720p(what the console version ran), 900p, 1080p and full to render in whichever res you got going.

But really I recommend maxing all settings and leaving the fps locked, even though I was getting playable fps with it unlocked the constant variation was distracting as hell, and for what is worth you'll still get a way better experience than the XONE, which couldn't even keep constant 30 FPS rendering at 720p...