• 71 results
Posted by Petervs (59 posts) 1 year, 24 days ago

Poll: Are you going Buy Deadpool (326 votes)

Hell Yeah!! 18%
umm not on your life 82%

Just a mini poll just before the release next week

#1 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Yes, yes I am

#2 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by Humanity (8729 posts) -

I don't even know what it is I haven't seen a single bit of footage from it. I assume it's a third person brawler?

#4 Posted by Hailinel (23694 posts) -

I have yet to see anything of substance regarding the game beyond screenshots and character bios, so I can't say that I have any confidence in it at all. Activision seems hopeful that people buy it on the "lol Deadpool, he's so silly" factor.

#5 Posted by AltonBrown (948 posts) -

Nope, getting Project X Zone instead.

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I have yet to see anything of substance regarding the game beyond screenshots and character bios, so I can't say that I have any confidence in it at all. Activision seems hopeful that people buy it on the "lol Deadpool, he's so silly" factor.

People who have played it at E3 said it was alright.
Of course nothing mindblowing because it's published by Activision and the last time anything original came out with their name on it was...
So anyway yeah, some people seem to enjoy fun, hack n' slashy-like third person games

Also, the Gameplay Trailer that has been online for a while(Since mid May?) shows enough to understand exactly what the gameplay is like

#7 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Probably not at release. Trailer looks interesting, but my experience with High Moon is that their enthusiasm and vision isn't necessarily supported by their ability.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (23694 posts) -

Also, the Gameplay Trailer that has been online for a while(Since mid May?) shows enough to understand exactly what the gameplay is like

It's a shame no one pointed its existence to me until now.

#9 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@zeforgotten said:

I'll make it even easier than just point out that is exists:

#10 Posted by MocBucket62 (1136 posts) -

Probably not. I may play it over at a friend's house to see what its like, looks pretty crazy.

#11 Posted by Budwyzer (539 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@zeforgotten said:

Did he just teleport at around 2:20?? I didn't hear him say "Bodyslide by two", or is this the Wolverine Origins version? LOL yeah right

#12 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

The game looks awful, slow, empty and janky. So maybe when it's $2.50 on Steam?

#13 Posted by tread311 (352 posts) -

I'd think about it when very cheap.

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6297 posts) -

Yup. Rental, that is. This looks fun in a janky budgety way. And if the one-liners are too annoying, that's what podcasts are for.

#15 Edited by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

This looks like another one of those games that is incredibly cliched and dull in its design, but tries to smooth it over by "hilariously" pointing out how cliched all the cliches are, as opposed to doing something different. In other words, this looks fucking atrocious.

#16 Posted by Kidavenger (3488 posts) -

I skipped out on all their Transformers games which were supposedly good and I'm in the mood for something different so I may give this a shot; this is one game that I'm going to actually rely on reviews for though.

#17 Edited by Butano (1728 posts) -

Probably. I'm hoping it qualifies for a sale during Steam's summer sale though.

#18 Posted by zenmastah (871 posts) -

Maybe when it hits the 20e mark ill get it, maybe not.
Who the fuck knows these things..

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

I will when it's $15 on Steam.

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

I will likely get it when it goes on sale or permanently drops in price.

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10384 posts) -

Nope! The most I expect out of it is a halfway entertaining Quick Look, not so much because of the game as it is because of the GB crew.

Not that I dislike Deadpool, and I'm well known for my love of Nolan North. But this...eh...

#22 Posted by Atwa (610 posts) -

I don't like Daniel Way Deadpool, and he wrote the game..

#23 Posted by falserelic (5280 posts) -

Doesn't seem like a game I would spend 60 bucks on, but when its cheap I'll check it out. So far it looks low budget and I bet it will be short.

#24 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

You guys are insane, remember what Modern Warfare 3 cost on Steam at one point? €59,99(or £ or $ or.. Yen, I dunno)
That's still the case.

Cheap activision games going on sale, hahahahahah.
As it turns out, war isn't terrible either, it's filled with rainbows and unicorns and magical cupcakes of wonder and children laughing and having fun!

Now, back to reality :P

#25 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -

I love the smell of awkward out of place only-funny-because-they're-referential jokes in the morning. Smells like $14.99 on Steam in a month.

#26 Edited by ProfessorK (813 posts) -

Man, if it were nothing but him doing silly shit like in the beginning it'd probably be way better than it's gonna be cause that combat looks awful.

#27 Edited by BeachThunder (11649 posts) -

I imagine that whoever wrote dialogue for the game is currently laughing hysterically at the name Pwnee.

#28 Posted by FLStyle (4538 posts) -

Rent yes, buy no.

I'm all about some top-notch Nolan North, but I don't expect the gameplay to be anything to warrant a purchase.

#29 Posted by Pazy (2561 posts) -

I'm definitely buying it but ill have to wait a bit since I'm low on cash. I'm a big fan of Deadpool so even if its bad I want to have it on my shelf.

#30 Edited by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

There are like 2 trailers of the game and that's it along with no other advertising. This game seems like it's being thrown out to die and then High Moon will be closed by Activision and it'll all be a tragic mess. Sorry guys, just speaking truths.

#31 Posted by Dimsey (946 posts) -

I am a big enough Deadpool fan to wanna throw money at this thing.
I don't expect it to set the world on fire, but it looks fun.

#32 Posted by Darkstalker (677 posts) -

the first trailers seemed iffy but feedback from people who played it seemed pretty good. if its a mindless action game with deadpool thats all i want for a (semi) budget title. the gamne trailers have seemed fun enough. they have my 50 bucks.

#33 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4522 posts) -

I'm not entirely sold on the game, but holy crap I love his sneak animation.

#34 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

This game looks freaking terrible.

Deadpool is a terrible character and I find it annoying when people try to retcon a history for him that makes him seem like he's in any way interesting or that his creation was a stroke of genius.

He was a terrible, poorly designed character who was brought into the xmen frachise as a stock Rob Liefield dime-a-dozen comic book character of the early 90's. His "breaking the fourth wall" "humor" isn't novel, it's the work of unfunny comic book creators trying to be "funny" on command which essentially means that they break the fourth wall out of nervous grasp for uninspired comedy. It's the domain of every bad high school pep-rally skit and underdeveloped tv commercial. Bad comic writers would do the exact same thing for Spiderman and Xmen specials.

Madman was great. Freakazoid was great. Deadpool is just a bad character who devolved to the point that they had no idea what to do with him except ape other, better, material from people who are actually talented.

#35 Posted by MoonwalkSA (418 posts) -

I like Deadpool well enough, and I love him in concept, but they've been kinda running his gags straight into the ground ever since he got popular outside of comics. Fourth wall stuff and unexpected references stop working entirely if they become a formulaic thing that writers lean on constantly. It just turns an interesting hook into a tired meme.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like this game will be that bad about those sorts of things, but it also doesn't look like it'll be very good as a game. I like third person brawlers well enough, but this one just looks sluggish and loose. Plus, that scene in the kitchen during the gameplay trailer, regardless of its own merits, does nothing more than remind me of Duke Nukem Forever's bathroom scene.

#36 Edited by SecondPersonShooter (615 posts) -

Deadpool is a terrible character and I find it annoying when people try to retcon a history for him that makes him seem like he's in any way interesting or that his creation was a stroke of genius.

He was a terrible, poorly designed character who was brought into the xmen frachise as a stock Rob Liefield dime-a-dozen comic book character of the early 90's. His "breaking the fourth wall" "humor" isn't novel, it's the work of unfunny comic book creators trying to be "funny" on command which essentially means that they break the fourth wall out of nervous grasp for uninspired comedy. It's the domain of every bad high school pep-rally skit and underdeveloped tv commercial. Bad comic writers would do the exact same thing for Spiderman and Xmen specials.

Madman was great. Freakazoid was great. Deadpool is just a bad character who devolved to the point that they had no idea what to do with him except ape other, better, material from people who are actually talented.

DAMN WRECKED

#37 Edited by TheHT (10810 posts) -

NOT ON YOR LIFE SUKKA.

#38 Edited by TheHT (10810 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@zeforgotten said:

actually that looks alright. maybe on a steam sale.

#39 Posted by Glottery (1101 posts) -

Doesn't look that bad in my opinion, but still not something I'd pay the full-price of.

#40 Posted by Demoskinos (14523 posts) -

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wait you're serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

#41 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11423 posts) -

I feel like my opinion of Deadpool has recently shifted from "He's funny in the right circumstances" to "OH MAN HE IS THE MOST NOT FUNNY"

So no.

#42 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

Not as funny as I expected. I honestly know almost nothing about Deadpool, but I expected his humour to far drier, and combined with that VA he sounds like a slightly less-insane Joker.

#43 Posted by gaminghooligan (1403 posts) -

For real though, I know a guy who spends a lot of time trying to get me to read Deadpool comics. I've tried, I really have, but I REALLY don't get the appeal of this character at all.

#44 Edited by Lazyaza (2165 posts) -

I'm a giant fan of what High Moon did with the TF games but Deadpool looks like it might be a bit of a letdown at best. Luckily its only 30 bucks on steam so when it goes on sale it'll be dirt cheap and won't cost too much to find out if its alright.

#45 Posted by Elwoodan (742 posts) -

once it goes down a bit in price maybe, so many other awesome looking games come out next week.

#46 Posted by CornBREDX (4757 posts) -

The I don't know/on the fence option isn't listed.

I'm on the fence about it as I suspect it will probably be awful.

#47 Edited by DarthOrange (3837 posts) -

When it drops to around $10-15. It looks kinda mindless trying to be funny like Lollipop Chainsaw.

#48 Edited by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (682 posts) -

I don't like the Deadpool humor they are using for the game, the in your face isn't this funny stuff? Which makes sense giving it was written by Daniel Way, Deadpool's previous writer, who kinda killed the character for me. That was until the new writers Brian Poshen and Gerry Duggan started who so far have written really good stories that are ridiculous but aren't turning the character into a total clown, but are instead writing him as a bad ass merc who is funny and hated by all (oh and actually has depth).

As far as the game is considered I will have to think about it. I really like the Deadpool character, when written correctly, which I'm not sure this game will have. But I have heard the gameplay is pretty good so maybe?

#49 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

When it drops in price sure.

#50 Posted by WebScud (114 posts) -

Someone started doing a walkthrough on YouTube. It doesn't look too bad. Seems like it could be on the same level of Raven's Wolverine game.