#1 Posted by LordAndrew (13985 posts) -

I'll just toss this old list of mine here. Now that there's a Browser platform some of these definitely have a place on the site, but I'm bringing it here to see if there are any in this list that don't meet Giant Bomb's current criteria for Web-based games.

Browser games

Games that run in a browser. These should be deleted, or more ideally moved to a new Web platform.

1. JamLegend

http://www.jamlegend.com/

2. Lord of Ultima

http://www.lordofultima.com/

3. FarmVille
4. Evony

5. MechQuest
6. RuneScape
7. Runescape Classic
8. Habbo Hotel
#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

The evony thing was brought up a wile ago..they are allowing it...but...I want it removed. Its a scum of a game. 

#3 Edited by MistaSparkle (2146 posts) -

You can play Minecraft classic in your browser. But some people don't consider that a game...so...nvm...?

EDIT: Also battleon.com or adventure quest and all those other games by them.
#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

The mod already put up the page for it.  It's on page 2 of the forums by now, I even posted in it.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (13985 posts) -
@MistaSparkle said:
" You can play Minecraft classic in your browser. But some people don't consider that a game...so...nvm...? "
I agree, let's delete Minecraft. It's a scum of a game.

Wait, what are we even talking about here?
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @MistaSparkle said:
" You can play Minecraft classic in your browser. But some people don't consider that a game...so...nvm...? "
I agree, let's delete Minecraft. It's a scum of a game.Wait, what are we even talking about here? "
I want Evony removed because of the issues with it. Scamming. ALlowed hate speech. Malware issues. Links to gold farming services. 
#7 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @MistaSparkle said:
I agree, let's delete Minecraft. It's a scum of a game.Wait, what are we even talking about here? "
I want Evony removed because of the issues with it. Scamming. ALlowed hate speech. Malware issues. Links to gold farming services.  "
That doesn't mean it isn't a game. Plenty of other games have those types of problems. Go play Diablo II on battle.net today and three out of those four are in effect. Does that mean it should be deleted?
#8 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @MistaSparkle said:
I want Evony removed because of the issues with it. Scamming. ALlowed hate speech. Malware issues. Links to gold farming services.  "
WoW?
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @MistaSparkle said:
That doesn't mean it isn't a game. Plenty of other games have those types of problems. Go play Diablo II on battle.net today and three out of those four are in effect. Does that mean it should be deleted? "
Evony also engages in texture theft along with image theft in their advertising. They use textures stolen from Age of empire in their game. 
#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11186 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  The issues are exactly why it should stay in the wiki. Nobody's saying the game has to be portrayed in a positive light.
#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:  The issues are exactly why it should stay in the wiki. Nobody's saying the game has to be portrayed in a positive light. "
True. It does state how big of a scum pile it is. 
#12 Posted by Not_Rage (470 posts) -

All the games you posted pass the criteria and should stay.

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (13985 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Evony also engages in texture theft along with image theft in their advertising. They use textures stolen from Age of empire in their game. "
Limbo of the Lost ripped off everything from everywhere, and it's in the wiki.
#14 Posted by pikeplacer (388 posts) -

Everything below Lord Of Ultima should stay.
#15 Posted by LordAndrew (13985 posts) -

Got a new one. This one does have its own domain, fulfilling the first rule. But it has only 2310 registered users despite existing since at least 2008, and seems to be the sort of thing that the rules were intended to prevent.

9. Pimpin 2.0

Well, it does have its own domain...

#16 Posted by pikeplacer (388 posts) -
@LordAndrew:
I almost agree with you, but like the criteria says, it only has to pass one of those rules.