#1 Posted by Garden_Ninja (97 posts) -
The Overlord is currently listed as a Character page.  However, there are multiple Overlords, depending on the game.  For example, the Overlord from Overlord II is the son of the Overlord from Overlord, and the big bad of the first game, was technically your predecessor (though not playable).  The Overlord wikia lists four.  Since there are more than one, I believe that under the rules of GB Wiki, the page should be made into a concept.

For what it's worth, the content of the page looks pretty good, so it shouldn't need to be changed.
#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

I'm going to say this should stay for the same reason Zelda is a character and not a concept - it's just too confusing.

#3 Posted by Garden_Ninja (97 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" I'm going to say this should stay for the same reason Zelda is a character and not a concept - it's just too confusing. "
I can see that.   There is one important difference though.  The LoZ games are thematically similar, but for the most part, they aren't supposed to take place in the same universe.  The Overlord series does take place in the same universe.  Not sure if that matters.

I don't have a strong feeling either way; I just noticed that it didn't match what I understand to be the standard.
#4 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

considering the first line is "  The Overlord is a position taken up by multiple characters in the Overlord series..."  

I think it warrants a change to concept too. 

#5 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@Garden_Ninja said:
" The LoZ games are thematically similar, but for the most part, they aren't supposed to take place in the same universe.  The Overlord series does take place in the same universe. "
That's not necessarily true, but I really don't want to debate the Zelda universe.  The point is, the Overlord is kind of like Zelda and Link in that it's both a character and a mantle - it's not actually the same person, but it's essentially the same character who shares the same basic role, motives and purpose in their stories.  It's a thin line, but Overlord honestly makes more sense as a character than a concept.