#1 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -
#2 Posted by mracoon (4946 posts) -

There does seem to be some difference between the two things in their meaning but I don't think that in games that they're any different. From what I can tell, an apocalypse precedes and armageddon.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (35780 posts) -

Isn't Armageddon more of a Christian concept, while the Apocalypse is used to refer to any sort of end-of-days scenario?

#4 Posted by ThePhilatron (255 posts) -

Both are Christian concepts. Apocalypse refers to the whole end whereas Armageddon refers specifically to the final battle during the end.

#5 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -

Yeah, they're both different things. But are a part of the same event. The End of the World.

#6 Posted by sodacat (214 posts) -

Bumping this because, two years later, we still have both concepts and their descriptions still make them completely interchangeable.

#7 Posted by Marino (4578 posts) -

@sodacat: So...change them?

Staff
#8 Posted by sodacat (214 posts) -

@Marino: OK, I'm going to change Apocalypse to a concept about drastic world/universe wide changes, while Armageddon will be about an absolute end to existence. I don't know how common usage will bear that out, but based on the literal translation of the words that's the best distinction I can make between the two concepts.