• 57 results
#51 Posted by Freshbandito (654 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Then I've no need of your tests of validity, verility or varsity! We need answers here, especially as people seem quite set in their ways when it comes to this argument.

#52 Posted by Video_Game_King (36021 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Yes, the relationship is intrinsic, but would you say that the seat of a chair and the legs of a chair should be the same concept because you can't have a proper chair without both?

No; they should be the same object: Chair.

#53 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

How can we be a Video Game Wiki without 2 of some of the most common, unique tropes that plague video games?

#54 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@believer258 Let me put it more simply. Any game with the Bosses concept would also need to be tagged with the Boss Fight concept as well. I cannot think of a single game that included bosses that did not include at least one boss fight. The relationship they share is intrinsic to the point that having separate pages is a redundancy.

If you did delete them, and sometime in the future Dave lets us cross-reference pages. Your going to be really sad that you cant look up what games have bosses but don't have boss fights.

#55 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

@Dagbiker: Games without boss fights don't have bosses anyway. But if you can look up games that have characters that are bosses, it's still possible with one concept page. No functionality is lost.

#56 Posted by Hailinel (23906 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Hailinel said:

@believer258 Let me put it more simply. Any game with the Bosses concept would also need to be tagged with the Boss Fight concept as well. I cannot think of a single game that included bosses that did not include at least one boss fight. The relationship they share is intrinsic to the point that having separate pages is a redundancy.

If you did delete them, and sometime in the future Dave lets us cross-reference pages. Your going to be really sad that you cant look up what games have bosses but don't have boss fights.

There aren't any.

#57 Posted by Hunter5024 (5543 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Hailinel said:

I disagree on the grounds that one is a type of character and one is a type of gameplay mechanic. Yes, the relationship is intrinsic, but would you say that the seat of a chair and the legs of a chair should be the same concept because you can't have a proper chair without both? One is where you place your bum, one is what keeps the structure upright. You also can't have a proper boss without a boss character and a boss fight.

If you were listing off the items in your kitchen would you list both the legs of the chair and the seat of a chair, or would you just put "chair"?