Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By bundle85

http://www.giantbomb.com/coordinated-attack/92-1341/

http://www.giantbomb.com/team-up-attacks/92-859/

These seem to be talking about the same thing, unless I am mistaken.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

It's a very fine line, but I'd consider coordinated attacks to come from two different locations whereas team-up attacks would imply a combination of powers/abilities in roughly the same location.

Definitely could be worded better though.

bundle85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#3  Edited By bundle85

I think I understand what team up attacks is going for (i.e. chrono trigger's Dual and Triple Tech attacks, the Mario & Luigi Bros attacks, the Vs. Capcom tag assists, etc.). But I am having trouble distinguishing when a coordinated attack would be used (maybe in 2v2 rts match?) The games that I have played from the coordinated attack page all look like team up attacks to me.

Would Suikoden 2's Unite attacks be considered a team up attack and Suikoden 2's war sequences have coordinated attack opportunities?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By imhungry

The wording on the Coordinated Attack is poor for the concept I believe it's trying to describe. A team-up attack would specifically refer to the combination of two or more character's attacks/powers to form one instance of an attack as what you've described.

I believe a Coordinated attack is intended to be the separate attacks of two separate entities coalescing at a single point, being well timed to match each other but not actually complimenting each other besides the fact that they occur at the same time and place. Like ganging up on someone in an RTS or MMO PvP.

This page(Coordinated Attack) definitely shouldn't exist in it's current form and even if it was reworded properly I don't think it really refers to a proper concept.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By onan

is right. Coordinated attacks would be synchronized, or complementary, but still individual attacks on the same target. Fighting Raid bosses in WoW is nothing but a coordinated attack, as are biotic detonations in the Mass Effect series (If I pull a guy, and Liara warps him, boom.)

A team-up attack sounds like an attack unique to the combination of two or more specific individuals, such as the ones in Chrono Trigger, or all of the special team-up attacks in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, or any number of other examples. Team-up attacks are also not necessarily on a specific target, they could be AoE, which seems to me to be the complete opposite of "coordination."