Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail
StarFoxA said:
"Oh crap, in the title I meant to say "Delete.""
Ah.. I thought so. and yes, sir, I perfectly agree.
OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Hmm. I think they can both stay. I feel like one can be considered the "main" series and the other can be considered a "sub" series. An example I can think of right now is the Metal Gear franchise page and the Metal Gear Ac!d franchise page.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By StarFoxA
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"Hmm. I think they can both stay. I feel like one can be considered the "main" series and the other can be considered a "sub" series. An example I can think of right now is the Metal Gear franchise page and the Metal Gear Ac!d franchise page. "
The thing is, all of the games are in one franchise. Excitebike and Excite are the same franchise, just two different names for it. Metal Gear and Metal Gear Acid, on the other hand, are two "sub-franchises," like Mario and Mario RPG.
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By roushimsx
StarFoxA said:
"The thing is, all of the games are in one franchise. Excitebike and Excite are the same franchise, just two different names for it. Metal Gear and Metal Gear Acid, on the other hand, are two "sub-franchises," like Mario and Mario RPG."
Excite covers games like Excitetruck and Excitebot while Excitebike covers Excitebike 64, vs. Excitebike, BS Excitebike, etc.
It's similar to how Rainbow Six covers a whole series while Rainbow Six Vegas covers only three specific games.
OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
roushimsx said:
"StarFoxA said:
"The thing is, all of the games are in one franchise. Excitebike and Excite are the same franchise, just two different names for it. Metal Gear and Metal Gear Acid, on the other hand, are two "sub-franchises," like Mario and Mario RPG."
Excite covers games like Excitetruck and Excitebot while Excitebike covers Excitebike 64, vs. Excitebike, BS Excitebike, etc.It's similar to how Rainbow Six covers a whole series while Rainbow Six Vegas covers only three specific games."
Exactly
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
roushimsx said:
"StarFoxA said:
Excite covers games like Excitetruck and Excitebot while Excitebike covers Excitebike 64, vs. Excitebike, BS Excitebike, etc.It's similar to how Rainbow Six covers a whole series while Rainbow Six Vegas covers only three specific games."
Yes, I understand that, but is it really necessary? Rainbow Six and Rainbow Six Vegas are necessary (as Vegas covers separate games completely), but Excite Truck and Excitebots are more of a continuation and expanding of the franchise rather than a spin-off franchise. Wouldn't it be better if the entire franchise was covered by just the Excite page?
roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By roushimsx
StarFoxA said:
"Wouldn't it be better if the entire franchise was covered by just the Excite page?"
I feel that it'd be better to have a majority of the Excitebike information on the relevant franchise page with only an overview on the Excite page. Nintendo may continue the Excitebike series in the future or they may just keep doing off the wall shit with the Excite franchise, but I feel the Excitebike series is distinct and large enough to warrant its own dedicated franchise page.

Using another Tom Clancy parallel (because I really like a lot of the games released under that banner), Excitebike is to Ghost Recon as Excite Truck is to Sum of All Fears.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By JJOR64

Keep Excite and delete Excitebike.