Combine (or Clean-up): Hydrophobia & Hydrophobia Prophecy

BagronkeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BagronkeN

This has been discussed a tiny bit 4 years ago, probably before "Releases" were a feature on the site: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/delete-combine-requests-34/delete-hydrophobia-prophecy-492886/

Hydrophobia (Pure) & Hydrophobia Prophecy is 70% the exact same game, and should for all intent and purposes be one game page on the wiki. The PS3/PC release added some levels, had improved graphics and minor content changes. The story and the game is the same, and Prophecy is basically comparable to an HD remake/release (which do not get their own pages).

My guess is that we didn't have the "Releases" feature four years ago (I can't remember) and we didn't have a good way to add stuff like this which spawned a lot of extra game pages, but I definitely think the two pages should be combined, and have the differences described in the wiki and have the distinction between the releases in the releases tab.

If the pages are not combined, the Hydrophobia releases tab needs to be cleaned up as it's full of Prophecy releases that in that case should be moved/deleted. (I did not add them, I only cleaned them up recently.)

Thanks!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'd personally consider being 30% different is enough to warrant Hydrophobia Prophecy existing as its own page.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I seem to recall them talking about altering a bunch of existing content for Prophecy, like modifying puzzles and recording new voice acting. They were certainly marketing this as it being a major revamp of the game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I played Hydrophobia prophecy, considering how much they changed the end of the game (I thought they added an entirely new mechanic too, but I can't find proof of that anywhere so that may be my poor memory) and most of the levels, that alone I think warrants a separate page.

Very unusual circumstance to be sure. I don't know any other game that has gone through Hydrophobia's unique release history (which happened as a desperate attempt for the developer to save themselves)