This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeF (4774 posts) -

RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

&

DreamPark Tycoon

same game.

DreamPark Tycoon is the official title, would be cool if you kept the RCT4 title as an alias along with the content entered in the RCT4 page

#2 Edited by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

Your request has been processed.

#3 Edited by Chaser324 (6245 posts) -

@zombiepie: @def:

Are you sure this DreamPark Tycoon is actually affiliated with the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in any official capacity? As far as I know, the rumored affiliation all came from some Twitter misunderstanding.

I think DreamPark Tycoon is just some sort of ripoff that was trying to cash in by tricking people into thinking it was officially part of the RCT franchise in some way. I don't think RCT4 has ever been officially announced.

EDIT: Dug into the developer's Twitter a bit, and they confirm that they are not affiliated with RollerCoaster Tycoon: https://twitter.com/redcoingames/status/367544913581596672

So, the aliases are going to be removed.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

@zombiepie: @def:

Are you sure this DreamPark Tycoon is actually affiliated with the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in any official capacity? As far as I know, the rumored affiliation all came from some Twitter misunderstanding.

I think DreamPark Tycoon is just some sort of ripoff that was trying to cash in by tricking people into thinking it was officially part of the RCT franchise in some way. I don't think RCT4 has ever been officially announced.

After conducting a further investigation it appears that the developer of DreamPark Tycoon never owned the Roller Coaster Tycoon IP. As such Roller Coaster Tycoon is being removed as an alias. The Roller Coaster Tycoon 4 page will however remain flagged for deletion as it never existed.