Combine Street Fighter IV "Franchise"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

So, I was just looking for an old Quick Look of Super Street Fighter IV, and decided to start by going to the Street Fighter IV page, but when I did the search, it yielded a "Street Fighter IV Franchise." There's also pages for the original release, Super, Ultra, and a couple of phone spinoffs. Now, I have no idea how this happened, but I feel like this is overkill. I mean, it's just the same game but with a few new characters and balance changes for the re-releases, right? I don't know that deserves a new page for every one of them, especially when the pages for the "franchise" and the phone games are empty.

Another quick search of the wiki seems to indicate that this is also the case for Street Fight II and Street Fighter III, though I didn't look as deep into those.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There might be a problem combining Super with the original wiki pages though. Each one has a review attached to them and I'm not sure what will happen if combined.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Jeff himself created the Street Fighter II franchise page, but yeah, the topic in general concerning games getting multiple pages per release, if not its own franchise page, has always been up in the air with no concrete rule set. Though I think because of how truly big SFII got, I'd say it's fair it had gotten itself a franchise page. SFII itself was the brand more so than Street Fighter.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I'd say Super and Ultra deserve their own pages, as they change the mechanics of the game. Super giving every character another ultra and Ultra adding the Red Focus system into the game.

Super Street FIghter II and Super Turbo all have their own page and it isn't a problem. Although Arcade and Arcade ver. 2012 belong in Super's as Omega Mode belongs in Ultra's.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By reverendhunt

especially when the pages for the "franchise" and the phone games are empty.

This logic confuses me. If it's emptydo something about it! Saying that it's empty so it should go away isn't something that should be the rule of thumb on a Wiki.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

especially when the pages for the "franchise" and the phone games are empty.

This logic confuses me. If it's empty do something about it! Saying that it's empty so it should go away isn't something that should be the rule of thumb on a Wiki.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

@reverendhunt: I agree, I wish more people would fill in at least a little something rather than complain about a page being empty. Even just a little bit helps.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Request rejected. If you consult our Wiki Rules you will find that Giant Bomb currently, and always has, permitted franchises within franchises:

Franchises

Franchises are collections of games with a unifying theme. This loose definition allows franchises to have more flexibility. For example, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 belongs to three separate franchises: Tom Clancy,Rainbow Six, and Rainbow Six Vegas. Remember that games within the same franchise are not supposed to be linked as similar games, since that sort of goes without saying and clutters up the list of similar games. So please, refrain. Franchises can be linked to characters, locations, objects, and concepts