This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Most people in the database will be listed as uncredited, because entering credits is a pain in the ass. I checked the first two and found credits for them on MobyGames. In fact MG has two Arlo Evans pages.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Maybe we should turn this into a project to update these people with the games they're credited in.

Weird that they all have "Evan" in there somewhere. I fell like an opportunity was missed because there's no "Evan Evans"

#4 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@Ravenlight

Maybe we should turn this into a project to update these people with the games they're credited in.

Weird that they all have "Evan" in there somewhere. I fell like an opportunity was missed because there's no "Evan Evans"

If I have time later, I'd like to do that.
#5 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

That's a lot of Evan.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I've updated Evan Williams but opened a Pandora's Box of credits. I don't have time right now, but I'll look into contributing more later.

#8 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Done Flower through Olson.

#9 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

This is hilarious, cause I can just imagine some dude combing lists of game developers for "evan" and then not bothering to list what they've done, lol. How does someone make such a list anyway?

#10 Posted by ZombiePie (5581 posts) -

Yes, as it has already been stated if you find people in the database with zero credits they probably do warrant being in the database but no one has added the games they are credited in. When the site first launched every person that existed in Mobygames' database was in our database. The thing is none of the pages had any games attached to them. The problem is that because adding credits is unintuitive and does not really reward that many points no one does it anymore.

#11 Posted by d0rks (73 posts) -

@ZombiePie: I see. I did not know that (I haven't been 'active' for too long)

Thanks for the clarification!

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

23 and onward have all been done. Here is a list of Evans to delete, plus a completely unrelated page.

Pages to delete/combine

A list of pages that should be deleted or combined with another page

1. Samurai Shodown! 2

Duplicate of http://www.giantbomb.com/samurai-shodown-2/61-34040/

2. Evan Bickly

MobyGames-originated typo of Evan Birkby, which they have since corrected.

3. Evan Banning

Typo of Evan Branning

4. Evan Alexrad

Typo of Evan Axelrad