Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Rip that page right out of the abdomen of the site, I say. The summary on the Anthropomorphism page even specifies that it includes objects. Cars are objects people. No matter what your fantasy may be.

Niblets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Niblets
No Caption Provided

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I disagree; it's a specific subset of that concept, which there's definitely a precedent for. An obvious example is all of the Steam-related concepts - all games with Steam achievements by necessity have to also be on Steam. Other examples are crying/crying babies, hugging/first-person hugging, facial hair/beard. I suppose I'd be inclined to agree if it were something like anthropomorphic pretzels; however, there's a fair amount of games that include anthropomorphic vehicles.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel: because it a sub set of anthropomorphic characters. Do you see how many games are on that list? Over 900.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel: because it a sub set of anthropomorphic characters. Do you see how many games are on that list? Over 900.

And the number matters why?

I disagree; it's a specific subset of that concept, which there's definitely a precedent for. An obvious example is all of the Steam-related concepts - all games with Steam achievements by necessity have to also be on Steam. Other examples are crying/crying babies, hugging/first-person hugging, facial hair/beard. I suppose I'd be inclined to agree if it were something like anthropomorphic pretzels; however, there's a fair amount of games that include anthropomorphic vehicles.

Except the Anthropomorphism page includes all forms of anthropomorphism by itself.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@hailinel:

Just like the hugging page includes all instances of first person hugging? Or the facial hair page includes all those games that have beards in them?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hailinel
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@hailinel:

At least you are consistent. However, that very logic would eliminate quite a few valuable pages simply because all their examples can be listed on another page. For instance, the Tactical Turn-Based Combat page should go simply because we have turn-based combat to cover all those examples.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel:

At least you are consistent. However, that very logic would eliminate quite a few valuable pages simply because all their examples can be listed on another page. For instance, the Tactical Turn-Based Combat page should go simply because we have turn-based combat to cover all those examples.

No, because Tactical Turn-Based Combat is a specific type of gameplay that differentiates itself through a number of specifics. Anthropomorphic vehicles on the other hand don't do anything special to distinguish themselves from other anthropomorphized objects or creatures.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Yeah definitely with @hailinel on this one, Anthropomorphism covers this adequately.

Otherwise then we would have to add a ton of superfluous new ones to be consistent like Anthropomorphic trees, Anthropomorphic Rocks, Anthropomorphic Volcanoes, Anthropomorphic Stars, Anthropomorphic Household items, etc etc .

There is such a thing as being too specific.

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By NuclearWinter  Moderator

More specific pages have always been allowed on the site, even if already covered by other broader ones. One of the joys of the Giant Bomb wiki is that someone can think of something that's perhaps kinda crazy or obscure in a game, like "Showing Half A Face On Box Art" or "Anthropomorphic Vehicles", and then they can look it up and see all other games that feature it.

There are enough examples of anthropomorphic vehicles that it seems a viable concept page to me.

Yes, it's possible to get too specific. We probably wouldn't want to further divide things into "Anthropomorphic Tractors" and "Anthropomorphic Bicycles" for example. But that's where common sense and the moderation team come in.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nuclearwinter: So basically now relevant pages have two anthropomorphism concepts attached instead of one?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#16  Edited By Mento  Online

What if you separate the Anthropomorphism pages into something like Anthropomorphic Animals, Anthropomorphic Vehicles (which expands it to include planes and boats as well as cars) and Anthropomorphic Objects? By which I mean, separate pages for every general type of anthropomorphism (without getting too specific of course).

The Anthropomorphism page as it is now just covers way too many games and characters and thus is one of those unwieldy concept pages like "Boss Fight" where there's simply too many items listed to make it of any use to anyone. I'd suggest making these child pages, attaching them to the core Anthropomorphism page (say, with a series of paragraphs in the main text that describes the various types of anthropomorphism and directs users to their respective concept pages) and then locking that core page down somehow.

(Man, I did not expect to type "anthropomorphism" so many times today.)

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17 NuclearWinter  Moderator

@hailinel: Yep.

It's a little messy, but it's the only way to do things at the moment.