This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -
#2 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@blacklagoon: Batman 3DS was announced at E3 2010, that likely has little to do with Arkham Origins Blackgate.

#3 Posted by BlackLagoon (1382 posts) -

@def: So it's a nearly 3 year old pre-launch announcement for which there has been no updates since, and no info in general beyond a generic title? I'd say either the project got canceled, or it got stuck in pre-production and eventually turned into Blackgate. Anyway, I guess it's up to the mods whether it stays, but personally, as things stand now I think it's better of as a line on the 3DS wiki page than it's own wiki entry.

#4 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@blacklagoon: Pretty much. Though I'd say mentioning it on the Blackgate page makes more sense than on the 3DS platform page.

To be fair though, Resident Evil Portable's page still exists. Not much has been said about that game as well since it's E3 2009 announcement. I think the Batman 3DS page should just get a paragraph about its status as vaporware/cancellation.

Armature has been working on Blackgate since Spring 2012 (source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/04/19/batman-meets-metroid-in-arkham-origins-sister-game.aspx) so I think whatever happens with this page, I think it is clear that there is no relation between the two.

#5 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Has the game ever been mentioned since its announcement in 2010? Do we know anything about it at all? For all we know it may have never even started development. It's the same situation as Persona 3DS, though we've yet to see a decision rendered in that case.

#6 Posted by Marino (4597 posts) -

I have to assume whatever Batman 3DS game they planned on doing or had started working on around E3 2010 eventually got turned into this Arkham Origins game. So, I deleted the working title page. Same goes for the Persona page.

Staff