• 60 results
#1 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

I have no problem with breasts as an entity, but this concept page doesn't seem to do much for me in terms of concept practicality. It seems to just have any game with boobs in it, meaning any game with females in it. Might as well says "women with boobs." There's no causation for this page unless there's to be a distinction made as to what is and what is not allowed on this concept.

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19369 posts) -

But the penis concept page, in theory, could also be applied to any game with men in it. I think that the "Breasts" concept page, much like the penis one, relates more to an in-your-face usage than simply their presence.

#3 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: From the looks of it, the penis page isn't applying itself to any game that has male characters, but games that show the penis itself. 
Let's go with an example page from the breasts concept: Tomb Raider. Indisputably, Laura Croft has huge hooters, but where in the first game do we actually get to see her breasts? And in subsequent games, we get to see some cleavage, not the breasts themselves. 
Even so, what qualifies a game to be attached to this particular concept page? Is it huge breasts? No, that's not specified. Is it games that show excessive cleavage? While that has the potential for a concept, it's not clear that this page is that particular concept. I'm inclined to say that it's not since it is entitled breasts, not cleavage, but the images would lead someone to believe otherwise. There needs to be a clarification.
#4 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19369 posts) -
@JackiJinx said:

Is it games that show excessive cleavage? While that has the potential for a concept, it's not clear that this page is that particular concept. I'm inclined to say that it's not since it is entitled breasts, not cleavage, but the images would lead someone to believe otherwise. There needs to be a clarification.

My first inclination was to agree with its deletion, but this was the point I was trying to convey with my previous post. I'd say the page has more to do with excessive cleavage than anything, but then I'm not sure Tomb Raider is an appropriate title to be associated with it. Yes, there needs to be clarification.
#5 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

I agree, although there's still titles like SSX Tricky on the page. Again, large boobs, but no actual breasts or cleavage. Be senseless to have boobs hanging in that kind of weather anyway.

#6 Posted by SixtyXCelph (211 posts) -
@JackiJinx said:
Be senseless to have boobs hanging in that kind of weather anyway.
Yes, we all know how games take into account whether or not someone would actually do that topless... =P

I agree, though, clarification would be nice.  It'd actually be kind of difficult to find a game without breasts in it, I think.  Except for games with no discernible people or people-shaped things... like Tetris.
#7 Edited by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

If it shouldn't be deleted, it needs some curation at the very least. I mean, a game like Shadows of the Damned featuring an entire level on a naked lady I can understand, but games like Tomb Raider don't really seem to fit.
EDIT: And Enslaved? Really? That makes no sense to me either.

#8 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

What about the DoA series? There's tons of breasts, and while none of them are fully exposed, they're about as close as you can get without doing so. 

We really need to have a long academic discussion over this, complete with powerpoint presentations, graphs, and comparison images to categorize in detail what get a game into the breasts category. It's only fair that all evidence go under intense scrutiny, preferably in HD.

#9 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

Is there a page for every part of the human anatomy? If so leave the breasts page alone.

#11 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm: Is every part of the human anatomy a sexual organ? If so, there should be a page for every part.
#12 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -
@Example1013: Hey man some people are into freaky shit.
#13 Posted by dudeglove (8010 posts) -

@blacklabeldomm said:

@Example1013: Hey man some people are into freaky shit.

Show me your earlobes and I'll show you mine.

#14 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This altercation will not stand.

#15 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

The breasts section is sexist... men have breasts too!!!

#16 Posted by rmanthorp (4000 posts) -

LOLATTHIS

#17 Posted by DeF (4922 posts) -

I say "yes" to the deletion of the page. The database gains nothing from it, it's too broad (and kinda pointless).

#18 Posted by hrn212 (34 posts) -

The penis page is at least put in with the purpose of highlighting how rare it is to see that piece of anatomy in games. The breasts page is just a pointless 'oo boobies' page. It either needs to be deleted or at least made into a page with some sort of point.

#19 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Whatever man. I wrote everything in there and you can suck my penis.

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd say keep it, since there are plenty of games where boobs play a huge role. Make it about any of the following:

• Direct exposure to boobs (God of War).
  • Heavy cleavage (Dead or Alive).
  • Boobs playing a large part in the actual game (Stretch Panic).
#21 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

There was that Jurassic Park game where you had to look at your boobs to know your health.

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
There was that Jurassic Park game where you had to look at your boobs to know your health.
What game is this and where can I get it?
#23 Posted by C2C (855 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@FrankCanada97 said:

Trespasser: Jurassic Park, it's a really really bad game though.

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@C2C

Whatever. I've played worse. Besides, there's a pretty good LP of it somewhere, so I can always watch that. Oh, and the breasts page should remain on Giant Bomb. NOBODY CAN DESTROY MY CREATION!
#25 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
...what?
#26 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

This shouldn't be hard. If the game doesn't show exposed breasts, it shouldn't be included. This applies to other things such as the penis page.

#27 Posted by Tearhead (2177 posts) -

I fucking LOVE it when these threads are made. It's so entertaining to see people argue and get passionate about dumb stuff.

#28 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

How dare you.

#29 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Wouldn't cleavage be more akin to the Sexualized Women concept? And if the breasts are bare, wouldn't that fit under the nudity concept?

#30 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@C2C said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@FrankCanada97 said:

Trespasser: Jurassic Park, it's a really really bad game though.

Game(s?) like this are the only reason why I think this page has any reason to stay as ambiguous as it is. Some clarification would really help even though I think it's pretty silly. Same goes for any other page involving the human anatomy. 

Also, bloody hell where have you been Jacki?
#31 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

Wouldn't cleavage be more akin to the Sexualized Women concept? And if the breasts are bare, wouldn't that fit under the nudity concept?

I was thinking about the sexualized women concept page and the similarities to the breasts one, but cleavage is a specific type of sexualization of women. It usually does include massive cleavage exposure, but also enhances other body features.

Bare breasts also fall under nudity, but so does the penis page. But again, they are two specific types of nudity.

Thinking about it, the page is really one of two things: bare breasts or cleavage. Can not be both as they are not the same thing. While I can edit the content of the page (except for wiki mod exclusive edits) to better reflect a defined concept, I think input from wiki mods would be best to determine what happens to this page.
#32 Posted by BeachThunder (12086 posts) -

The page should definitely be relabeled as "exposed breasts", that way there would be less confusion about what content should be included.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Brendan said:

This shouldn't be hard. If the game doesn't show exposed breasts, it shouldn't be included. This applies to other things such as the penis page.

Not quite. Cleavage has been brought up, and games can still make large use of breasts without exposing them, like Fight Club (and Dead Rising) and Stretch Panic.
#34 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Brendan said:

Not quite. Cleavage has been brought up, and games can still make large use of breasts without exposing them, like Fight Club (and Dead Rising) and Stretch Panic.

Well I can't say for everybody else, but personally I would only include games with exposed breasts. You could make the argument for games like DoA Beach Volleyball, but given how big the gray area is for this page I would make exposure the hard cut-off point.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Brendan

What about the second part? Breasts are definitely a big part of all three of those games.
#36 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Brendan: What about the second part? Breasts are definitely a big part of all three of those games.

I guess. I suppose you could make a distinction between nudity and breasts as a significant part of the game, but you'll just have to have a lot of overlap between them. There would be 100% overlap between breast exposure and nudity so it doesn't matter.

The hard part is still deciding which games that do not have exposed breasts in them still get a spot on the page. Your examples are rather easy, but what about games like Bayonetta, or the DoA fighting series (not the vollyeball ones)? Do breasts have to have some sort of impact on the game itself, be it as some reward for the players actions or having some action in the games themselves? If it's just cleavage then games like Ninja Gaiden are difficult because the female characters are, well, Team Ninja characters, even though they don't necessarily have a lot of screen time (depending on the version). Maybe the scrutiny just isn't worth it once it comes to the fuzzy area, because other than a tribunal being held for each game I don't know how to make a hard rule.

#37 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

I think the title of Exposed Breasts would tie this up.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Brendan

In that case, I imagine any game on the Breast Physics page automatically gets on the Breasts page, since it's hard to have breast physics without breasts.
#39 Posted by Brendan (7837 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Brendan: In that case, I imagine any game on the Breast Physics page automatically gets on the Breasts page, since it's hard to have breast physics without breasts.

I suppose it must. In the end, I think the breasts page is going probably going to cut a wide swath through the database because its so general. My guess is that pretty much any game featuring a character with a lot of cleavage will probably be allowed a spot, even background characters as long as its noticeable.

#40 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Maybe it should be renamed as the "Nice boobs" page.

#41 Posted by Hero_Swe (1175 posts) -

Jackijinx confirmed homosexual.
#42 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

/thread

#43 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

I bet you're the kind of guy that would take his wife's last name when he got married.

#44 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I'd feel happier if this page was renamed to Exposed Breasts and only dealt with such. I actually tried to talk to the mods before about what content qualifies to be put on this page, but I got no clear answers.

#45 Posted by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

Maybe the best situation would be an Object page 'Breasts' containing games which draw attention/objectify Breasts, for an example of things that apply look at the Object page for a Soccer Ball. Both FIFA 11 and Uncharted 2 apply, in the former it is central to all gameplay whereas in the latter it can be interacted with as part of a segment where the player is trying to work out what is going on.

The concept page should be maybe @Gamer_152 's 'Exposed Breasts' or something like 'Sexualised Breasts'.

#46 Edited by picklecannon (265 posts) -
#47 Posted by DeeGee (2140 posts) -

How is this not deleted yet?

Be right back, gonna go make the "Eyelid" page and start adding every game that has eyelids in it. I mean, why not?

#48 Posted by mnzy (2915 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
I'd feel happier if this page was renamed to Exposed Breasts and only dealt with such.
This.
#49 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@mnzy said:
@Gamer_152 said:
I'd feel happier if this page was renamed to Exposed Breasts and only dealt with such.
This.
yeah because that's classy.  

@JackiJinx
some of the replies to the thread are really funny considering. 
#50 Edited by mnzy (2915 posts) -
@Red12b: Why does it have to be classy? There's a rape page on gb, because rape is in games. As are breasts.