#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

Not sure which is a duplicate of which, but there are two pages. I say that this page gets deleted as it has less information than the other.

Edit: Actually, the former page is of a person and the second is of a company. I'm not sure if anything needs to be changed in that case.

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

Ramona Flowers?

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

Whoa, wait a sec. One page is a company and one's a person.

I don't know.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

I'm FAIRLY certain she isn't a company, judging by her picture on the pages, so yeah that page should be deleted.

#5 Posted by Jeff (3415 posts) -

Weird case. She's not a company, but she single-handedly develops stuff, right? So giving her a company page allows you to just put her name in the Developer field on a game, making that part accurate.

It's an interesting way to handle single-developer games that I hadn't thought of, but... hmm. What do you guys think?

(Keep in mind that I could be wrong about her not having a company. Does she have a company name that she uses in her work? If so, we should use that.)

Staff
#6 Posted by Mento (2438 posts) -

I figure if Subway can be a person, Christine Love can be a company.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@Jeff: steam just says developer: Christine Love so I assume that would be the name of the 'company'.

#8 Edited by Pr1mus (3806 posts) -

@Jeff: Does the wiki on the new site handles this stuff better, allowing to put the name of the person in the developer field without needing a separate company page in cases like these?

Because right now having the name in the developer field may be accurate in how the wiki currently works but having two pages for one person with largely identical information is redundant.

Right now i think the most accurate info is that there is no company and so the page should be deleted.

#9 Posted by NuclearWinter (741 posts) -

@Jeff said:

Weird case. She's not a company, but she single-handedly develops stuff, right? So giving her a company page allows you to just put her name in the Developer field on a game, making that part accurate.

It's an interesting way to handle single-developer games that I hadn't thought of, but... hmm. What do you guys think?

(Keep in mind that I could be wrong about her not having a company. Does she have a company name that she uses in her work? If so, we should use that.)

It would be better if we could just change it to allow People to be added to the Developer/Publisher fields.

#10 Posted by DeF (4799 posts) -

@NuclearWinter: I second this suggestion. There will only be more and more games developed by a single person without a company name as time goes by. Future proofing the wiki for that sounds like a good idea.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (35983 posts) -

Well, that Citizens United ruling has made corporations people, so why can't people be corporations?

#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

@Jeff said:

It would be better if the developer field allowed people in addition to companies, but that's a feature request. She's definitely not a company. This has been mentioned before and no one has provided proof that she has a company named Christine Love. Christine Love is listed as developer and publisher of Analog on Steam, but Steam also doesn't use the term "company".