Delete - Crush 40?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I was poking around in the wiki and came across a concept page for Crush 40. That is simply a band that has done music for a game and as far as I know that is not allowed. Should this page be deleted?

I noticed they also have a person page, and I thought that was also not allowed? The page seems to have a lot of information, but it is still a band, not a person.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kedi2

Crush 40 was founded by Sega composer Jun Senoue and makes music nearly exclusively for video games, notably multiple Sonic games and EA NASCAR Arcade. Crush 40 have only produced a small handful of "original" songs that were not made to be used for a video game (the first of which was released in 2009, which is about a decade after their music started appearing in games). They are not a typical licensed music situation, as they typically make music solely for use in games. I'm not necessarily making an argument one way or the other for deleting the page, I'm just providing some background for the person who ultimately makes that decision.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I'm always for having more rather than less information in the wiki, I just don't think it fits in with previously decided rules?

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

I'm all for them being noted somewhere, considering how important they are to that franchise, but I don't think a Concept or Person entry would make sense for it. Then again, what else would there be?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#5 Marino  Staff

We don't list bands as people or concepts (or anything) at this time.

These pages were created by someone who was banned years ago. We just never noticed these particular pages. They're gone now.