This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iAmJohn (6090 posts) -

For some reason we have a page specifically for the Game Boy Color version of Dragon's Lair. This makes absolutely no sense to me, as said version of the game is a (very much downgraded, but) straight port of the arcade game. Considering all the versions of Dragon's Lair out there that are very different from the original arcade game yet don't get their own pages (NES and SNES versions come to mind), why would we give a page to a version that is in almost no way different from the arcade game? To quote the ad campaign for a failed 64-bit system: Do the math.

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

Agreed......also, I think the non-FMV Dragon's Lair games should be separated from the FMV ones.

#3 Posted by iAmJohn (6090 posts) -

Soooo... could we get a verdict on this, guys?

#4 Posted by Gonmog (572 posts) -

But it's not just a straight up port, the art is all original. That has to count for something?
I have no care in the matter. Just wondering.

#5 Posted by onan (1277 posts) -

@Gonmog said:

But it's not just a straight up port, the art is all original. That has to count for something? I have no care in the matter. Just wondering.

If the Disney's Aladdin SNES and Genesis versions were consolidated into the same page and the only things those two games have in common is title, characters, and a release month, then this GBC port absolutely should be deleted.

#6 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@onan said:

@Gonmog said:

But it's not just a straight up port, the art is all original. That has to count for something? I have no care in the matter. Just wondering.

If the Disney's Aladdin SNES and Genesis versions were consolidated into the same page and the only things those two games have in common is title, characters, and a release month, then this GBC port absolutely should be deleted.

But the fact that those games got consolidated is fucking bullshit.

Also Snes>Genesis.

#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6090 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@onan said:

@Gonmog said:

But it's not just a straight up port, the art is all original. That has to count for something? I have no care in the matter. Just wondering.

If the Disney's Aladdin SNES and Genesis versions were consolidated into the same page and the only things those two games have in common is title, characters, and a release month, then this GBC port absolutely should be deleted.

But the fact that those games got consolidated is fucking bullshit.

Also Snes>Genesis.

I agree with the first part, even if the second part is complete fucking gibberish nonsense.

#8 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@iAmJohn: Genesis has MUCH better animation but that is as far as I am willing to budge. Mikami 4 life.

Also, it is odd that this thread keeps getting overlooked.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (34571 posts) -

@TentPole said:

@onan said:

@Gonmog said:

But it's not just a straight up port, the art is all original. That has to count for something? I have no care in the matter. Just wondering.

If the Disney's Aladdin SNES and Genesis versions were consolidated into the same page and the only things those two games have in common is title, characters, and a release month, then this GBC port absolutely should be deleted.

But the fact that those games got consolidated is fucking bullshit.

Also Snes>Genesis.

Actually, they weren't consolidated into one page; they were always one page, but people are too lazy to write articles for three separate games.

Also, Genesis>SNES>Master System.

#10 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

If you guys played them today you would relise that the gameplay is so much better in the Snes game that it is not even close. The genesis sword play is sloppy.

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11252 posts) -

Well, this got offtopic quick...

Anyway, the Game Boy Colour version of Dragon's Lair shouldn't have a separate page; however, the original Game Boy version probably should:

As well as the NES version:

#12 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@BeachThunder: Make it happen.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Well, this got offtopic quick...

Anyway, the Game Boy Colour version of Dragon's Lair shouldn't have a separate page; however, the original Game Boy version probably should:

As well as the NES version:

Would it be appropriate to just make some subheadings on the original Dragon's Lair page for those versions of the game to keep everything in one place?

#14 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

It doesn't deserve it's own page, but I have to say that is an impressive piece of technical wizardry there. I have to imagine that storing and streaming that much animation with all of those colours wasn't trivial.

#15 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Ravenlight: Not if they are totally different games. Which they are.

#16 Edited by iAmJohn (6090 posts) -

While we're on the subject, I'd argue that the Aladdin problem also applies to the Jurassic Park games that were all mostly different and yet jammed into one megapage.

#17 Edited by iAmJohn (6090 posts) -

So, uh, is there some reason why this thread has been around for almost four weeks and not a single mod will even comment on why it keeps getting ignored while tons of other threads on this subforum have been dealt with? This is ridiculous,

#18 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

The mods keep missing stuff. I expect to manufacture a solution soon-ish.

#19 Posted by ZombiePie (5364 posts) -

The current wiki page cannot be deleted at this time but has been flagged for deletion.

Moderator