Delete Game Pause concept

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Oy

Who even calls it that anyways? Maybe "Pause" or "The Pause Button", but "Game Pause". How lame. (And also my PC freezes when I try to load that page).

Also, "Menu". That needs to go.  Since I just got rejected for my concept of "Pause & Select," there's no excuse for either of these concepts existence.

*sighs, as I slowly grind my way to 1000**

jinxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jinxman

lol i just made a post for this, should have looked.  seriously, having a concept that almost all games have is a waste of space.  this site is about connections right?  well every game being connected with one thing seems dumb to me.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

Deja Vu...

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By rateoforange

Seriously agree. Game pause? It's like something a local news reporter would say.

SultS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SultS

I agree, it should be deleted. If anything, then there should ONLY be concept for games, which don't have the pause function.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Daniel

Deleted both "Menu" and "Game Pause" 

Damn you, point whores!

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By thebeast

In regards to the "Menu" concept, I'd thought this was quite a good one - I rejected a few concepts which we're to do with menus, telling people to add a paragraph to the Menu page, so it's a pity to see it removed.

That concept could well have been host to a load of interesting information about menu's in games, how some work, how the 'Press Start' concept came about, how some games get away with not having menus etc. - but thanks to point whores, "This is why we can't have nice things!". If only everyone looked at articles as a place to discuss and describe these ideas, rather than use them for point grabbing.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By xymox

I vote for someone to add "No Game Pause" as it is far more uncommon to not have pause ability.
Can't think of any game that doesn't let you pause it one way or the other by accessing the menu or by actually pushing an assigned pause button, but I know they're out there.

SultS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SultS

Daniel already added that.

Djungelurban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Djungelurban

Yeah, we need a general rule concerning concepts to only allow a concept that sets games with the concept apart from other games in a notable way, and perhaps only allow concepts concerning gameplay and idea/storyline in a notable way.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Daniel

I agree Djungelurban