This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Praxis (258 posts) -

This page is basically a duplicate of the Nazi concept. Almost every association is tied to WWII and/or Nazism in some way, and even if this was not the case, setting up a "German Villains" page is unnecessary when you can just cross-reference Villain and Germany (or at least that feature will be added in the future, I'm lead to believe).

#2 Edited by Hailinel (23986 posts) -

Agreed. There's no need for a German Villain page. Not only does it take things to a hilariously overly specific degree (do we need villain pages for every nationality?), but it's basically just regurgitating that Nazi Germany was bad.

#3 Posted by Irvandus (2827 posts) -

Agreed

#4 Posted by Brodehouse (9652 posts) -

What about Hans Gruber?!

Yeah delete it.

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Uh, So my "Maryland Super Heroes" concept idea probably isn't a good idea then?

#6 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -

What about Bowser and the Koopa kids, the most evil of all German villains. Ludwig von Koopa anyone?

#7 Edited by mnzy (2912 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

What about Bowser and the Koopa kids, the most evil of all German villains. Ludwig von Koopa anyone?

That's wrong anyways, since the composers name is Ludwig van Beethoven, "van" beeing of Dutch descent. (He was German, though)

There are definitely non-Nazi German villains, but there is a page for both, so that's covered.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@mnzy said:

@DarthOrange said:

That's wrong anyways, since the composers name is Ludwig van Beethoven, "van" beeing of Dutch descent. (He was German, though)

There are definitely non-Nazi German villains, but there is a page for both, so that's covered.

Yah, I think he was being facitious.

#9 Posted by mnzy (2912 posts) -

@Dagbiker: I know, I'm sorry.

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
The fate of the German Villains page
#11 Posted by DeF (4814 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

They turn into fries with ketchup?

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36122 posts) -

Before we delete this page, I'm curious: does Hitler from Persona 2 count? I mean, it's Hitler, but it's a magical rumor Hitler that speaks perfect Japanese.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (23986 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Why does it matter?

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36122 posts) -

@Hailinel:

Just an idle curiosity.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (23986 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel:

Just an idle curiosity.

Is it even really Hitler or just an illusion when he shows up?

Also, technically, Hitler was Austrian.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36122 posts) -

@Hailinel:

Given the nature of the plot, it's difficult to say. He's a rumor Hitler, but this is a game where rumors become reality, and then there's the fact that he's just Nyarlathotep taking on Hitler's form, and etc. But it seems like there isn't much context to make Hitler German in the first place, so it's a moot question.

#17 Posted by Slag (4090 posts) -

I support this notion.

"German Villains" sounds kind of bigoted anyway, you can choose whether or not to be a Nazi but you can't choose if you are of German descent.

not to mention Nazis aren't always German

#18 Posted by Slag (4090 posts) -

@Slag said:

I support deletion too.

"German Villains" sounds kind of bigoted anyway, you can choose whether or not to be a Nazi but you can't choose if you are of German descent.

not to mention Nazis aren't always German

#19 Posted by buft (3307 posts) -

@DeF said:

@LordAndrew said:

They turn into fries with ketchup?

cant unsee fries with ketchup. thanks man :p

#20 Posted by Marino (4606 posts) -

@Praxis: It be gone.

Staff