Delete Reach

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deusoma

There's a page for the planet Reach from the Halo universe. While I agree that Reach is an important planet in the Halo Franchise, it's not actually featured in any of the video games, and since the Wiki here is about the games, it doesn't deserve its own page. It should be removed.

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gman

Anyone else agree/disagree?

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roushimsx

On one hand, keeping it might set a precedent and open the door for all sorts of random related pages. People could go ape shit with Star Wars and Star Trek pages alone. The massacre on Khitomer in 2346 was the catalyst for Worf joining Star Fleet, afterall... why not have a Khitomer page? Worf has been in more games than all of the Spartans combined (which is really just the Halo universe and Dead or Alive 4).

On the other hand, I think that because it's such an important part of the Halo universe, it should be kept and perhaps the same should apply in the case of any similar pages. Would that be against the goal of the site? Should users just be redirected to Halopedia, Wookiepedia, Wikipedia, Memory Alpha or whatever? Why divert traffic if an entry already has supporting information that ties into so many other pages already (nearly all of the major cast of Halo)?

As a tangent, the Master Chief page should be renamed to "Master Chief Petty Officer John-117" with "Master Chief" added as an alias.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deusoma

I guess it's irrelevant now, what with Halo: Reach having been announced. I still think we should have removed it, back in the day. :P

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Lies
@Deusoma said:
" I guess it's irrelevant now, what with Halo: Reach having been announced. I still think we should have removed it, back in the day. :P "
Nope, totally appeared in the beginning of Halo 2.

GOSH.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Looks like Reach can stay.