StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA
http://www.giantbomb.com/sega-ages-2500/62-384/

These could probably all be deleted, and be better suited as releases on the specific game pages. Also, there could be a note about about these re-releases in the wiki articles.

However, if there are numerous differences, enlighten me, as I'm not very knowledgeable about these particular releases. What do you think?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Sega Ages 2500 actually consists of a variety of stuff, 3D remakes with new features, 2D remakes, and straight ports. And some of them actually contained multiple games.

I don't think they should all be deleted, but if someone can break down what each individual game consists of then we can handle them on a case-by-case basis. I think we can at least get rid of the ones that are just straight ports with no changes.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By roushimsx
StarFoxA said:
"However, if there are numerous differences, enlighten me, as I'm not very knowledgeable about these particular releases. What do you think?"
Why on earth would you nominate these for deletion when, by your own admission, you don't know anything about them?

How about you use google and find out if there are any differences on your own? They're fairly well documented at various respectable sites and it'd be easy to discern which ones should simply be listed as alternate releases (hint: not many) and which ones should stay because they're either ground up reimagings or comprehensive compilations of multiple titles.

I'll let you find out on your own which are which.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Y'know, maybe he thought someone like you would be able to help identify which ones should stay and which ones shouldn't? I don't have time to look them all up, and I doubt he does either. But you seem to know about these things.
If you could help out, that's great. But if not, then don't bother posting. You haven't even told us which respectable sites we can find this information at.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By roushimsx
LordAndrew said:
"Y'know, maybe he thought someone like you would be able to help identify which ones should stay and which ones shouldn't? I don't have time to look them all up, and I doubt he does either. But you seem to know about these things.
If you could help out, that's great. But if not, then don't bother posting. You haven't even told us which respectable sites we can find this information at."
Why waste my time editing when the pages will just be nominated for deletion and when there's no versioning system to prevent against vandalism? No thanks.

Also, why should I do all of your homework for you? Can't you use google? Don't you visit any other sites? Don't you know how to read English? If you can't even bother to help yourself then why should I bother helping you? You didn't even try to find any sites that went into these games at any depth, did you? You just posted a kneejerk defense post for inarguably the most batshit ignorant member of the community.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
LordAndrew said:
"Y'know, maybe he thought someone like you would be able to help identify which ones should stay and which ones shouldn't? I don't have time to look them all up, and I doubt he does either. But you seem to know about these things.
If you could help out, that's great. But if not, then don't bother posting. You haven't even told us which respectable sites we can find this information at."
Thank you, LordAndrew.

roushimsx, calm down. Even if one of your pages are nominated for deletion, you can always argue against it.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG
roushimsx said:
"LordAndrew said:
Why waste my time editing when the pages will just be nominated for deletion and when there's no versioning system to prevent against vandalism? No thanks.Also, why should I do all of your homework for you? Can't you use google? Don't you visit any other sites? Don't you know how to read English? If you can't even bother to help yourself then why should I bother helping you? You didn't even try to find any sites that went into these games at any depth, did you? You just posted a kneejerk defense post for inarguably the most batshit ignorant member of the community."
Chill out, man. Whether or not you like him, comments like that aren't really warranted. Sure, you may disagree with some of the things he posts, but he posts them out of concern for the community. I'm sure he's as busy as any of us, and I doubt his intent is to shove work on to other people in the community. Rather, I think he is brining up issues that we as a group can work on, just as we as a group are working on the wiki as a whole.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
LordAndrew said:
"Sega Ages 2500 actually consists of a variety of stuff, 3D remakes with new features, 2D remakes, and straight ports. And some of them actually contained multiple games. I don't think they should all be deleted, but if someone can break down what each individual game consists of then we can handle them on a case-by-case basis. I think we can at least get rid of the ones that are just straight ports with no changes."
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I'm not sure, but I think there are a couple doubles on there as well (I know that there are two Vol. 25's). I'd be willing to help fill out these pages (well, some of them).
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By iamjohn

Maybe I'm speaking out of line here, but why is it that roushimsx gets overly defensive and aggressive every time someone proposes a deletion or modification he disagrees with?  I think the dude deserves a time out. :\