Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By StarFoxA

http://www.giantbomb.com/descent-anniversary-edition/61-1694/
http://www.giantbomb.com/descent-i-and-ii-the-definitive-collection/61-11060/
http://www.giantbomb.com/descent-venture-pack/61-5876/
http://www.giantbomb.com/freespace-2-sim-of-the-year-edition/61-880/
http://www.giantbomb.com/freespace-2-interplay-20th-anniversary-edition/61-9937/
http://www.giantbomb.com/command-conquer-red-alert-collectors-pack/61-1593/

There are a few more, but I really don't feel like linking them all right now.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

Oh sweet, you still haven't figured out how to use google.

Here, let me help you:

• Descent: Anniversary Edition is a compilation of Descent and Descent: Levels of the World. It might also include some additional levels, but I'm not going to spoil the fun for you.
  • Descent I and II: The Definitive Collection is a compilation of Descent, Descent: Levels of the World, Descent II, Descent II Vertigo Series and Descent Mission Builder II.
  • Descent Venture Pack is a compilation of Descent, Descent II, Descent II: The Infinite Abyss, Descent 3 and Descent 3: Mercenaries. It may include additional levels and material, but again, why would I spoil the surprise for you?
  • Freespace 2: Sim on the Year Edition is a rerelease of Freespace 2 with a number of additional missions (hint: 20).
  • Freespace 2: Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition is a limited edition rerelease of Freespace 2: Sim on the Year Edition and they should be merged w/ it being added as an Alias.
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Collector's Pack looks like the only valid request you actually made.

Oh, and since you seem to have trouble finding it, google can be located here. You may also want to visit Mobygames sometime; while they're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I think a lot of your questions could be quickly answered if you were to do any amount of work on your own instead of relying on everyone else to do it for you.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

You don't have to be an ass about it, Roushi. There are ways to help out without attacking StarFoxA.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By roushimsx
LordAndrew said:
"You don't have to be an ass about it, Roushi. There are ways to help out without attacking StarFoxA. "
Oh I've tried to be nice and I've tried to help. He doesn't listen and he never will. He'll just keep nominating everything he sees for deletion for the sake of "tidying up the database".
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
roushimsx said:
"LordAndrew said:
"You don't have to be an ass about it, Roushi. There are ways to help out without attacking StarFoxA. "
Oh I've tried to be nice and I've tried to help. He doesn't listen and he never will. He'll just keep nominating everything he sees for deletion for the sake of "tidying up the database"."
Um dude, you've posted in like three of my threads, in every one flaming me. If I remember correctly, the wiki FAQ (or something) says something specifically about Game of the Year and Gold editions, and how they aren't necessary.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

He's nominating them for discussion. You're perfectly capable of explaining why they shouldn't be deleted.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarFoxA
roushimsx said:
"Oh sweet, you still haven't figured out how to use google.

Here, let me help you:
  • Descent: Anniversary Edition is a compilation of Descent and Descent: Levels of the World. It might also include some additional levels, but I'm not going to spoil the fun for you.
  • Descent I and II: The Definitive Collection is a compilation of Descent, Descent: Levels of the World, Descent II, Descent II Vertigo Series and Descent Mission Builder II.
  • Descent Venture Pack is a compilation of Descent, Descent II, Descent II: The Infinite Abyss, Descent 3 and Descent 3: Mercenaries. It may include additional levels and material, but again, why would I spoil the surprise for you?
  • Freespace 2: Sim on the Year Edition is a rerelease of Freespace 2 with a number of additional missions (hint: 20).
  • Freespace 2: Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition is a limited edition rerelease of Freespace 2: Sim on the Year Edition and they should be merged w/ it being added as an Alias.
  • Command & Conquer Red Alert Collector's Pack looks like the only valid request you actually made.

Oh, and since you seem to have trouble finding it, google can be located here. You may also want to visit Mobygames sometime; while they're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I think a lot of your questions could be quickly answered if you were to do any amount of work on your own instead of relying on everyone else to do it for you."
I don't know if it's just me, but those differences alone really shouldn't warrant their own pages. Some compilations could get their own page (especially compilation games with remakes), but if it's just a repackaging of several games, then they aren't deserving of their own pages. I'm not sure, but these probably even come on separate discs rather than just one. Again, roushimsx, this is up for discussion (and thank you LordAndrew for acknowledging that).
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd say all of those nominated for deletion should be deleted. They are re-releases of other games with a few extra levels. They can be far more easialy doccumented using releases, aliases, and the main text of the articles of the original games. There is no need to have separate game pages for these, it just clutters up the database.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By mattbodega

The Ideal place to put information about these re-releases is in the original release pages themselves. Add a section to the Freespace 2 page detailing that the game had a GOTY release with additional levels. That way, the information is still contained in the site and the extra pages can be eliminated.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG
MattBodega said:
"The Ideal place to put information about these re-releases is in the original release pages themselves. Add a section to the Freespace 2 page detailing that the game had a GOTY release with additional levels. That way, the information is still contained in the site and the extra pages can be eliminated. "
Yes, I agree, and isn't there going to be a section for future release information and DLC? Or did I miss that?